Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
Should Christians Say the Pledge of Allegiance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Christians say the Pledge of Allegiance?
  Yes, absolutely!
  Only if they believe it's right in their heart to do so.
  No, definitely not!
View Results

void stiles

Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:38 am
User Image
Hey everyone, I'm new to the guild and I figured I'd find a topic that concerns me and this one does greatly.

I'm a high school student, 16 years old. I refuse to say the pledge of allegiance.

I've been written up multiple times because of it, and I will not say it, and don't plan on saying it. Our country's government is strictly illuminatic and I will not what so ever support it.

Can anyone here help me? Would not standing for the pledge or saying it be the right thing to do?

O c t o b e r ' s V e r y O w n

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 am
No Suh
User Image
Hey everyone, I'm new to the guild and I figured I'd find a topic that concerns me and this one does greatly.

I'm a high school student, 16 years old. I refuse to say the pledge of allegiance.

I've been written up multiple times because of it, and I will not say it, and don't plan on saying it. Our country's government is strictly illuminatic and I will not what so ever support it.

Can anyone here help me? Would not standing for the pledge or saying it be the right thing to do?

illuminatic? Please explain, I tried looking this word up since I had never heard it and can't figure out what you mean?
Also, while I personally say the pledge, some Christians don't (as witnessed in this thread) and I have NO idea how a school would be able to write you up for such a thing, that seems wrong to me, ?

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

void stiles

Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:39 am
Aoife
No Suh
User Image

illuminatic? Please explain, I tried looking this word up since I had never heard it and can't figure out what you mean?
Also, while I personally say the pledge, some Christians don't (as witnessed in this thread) and I have NO idea how a school would be able to write you up for such a thing, that seems wrong to me, ?
User Image

Here maybe these can help you to understand what Illuminati is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati
http://www.sjgames.com/illuminati/

And best of all: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Illuminati/symbols_of_the_illuminati.htm

edit; the all-seeing eye is an Illuminati symbol. Our country is run my Illuminati Puppets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 am
ahhh, I wondered if you meant the illuminati, but I was unsure. I haven't heard it called illuminatic before.  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

void stiles

Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:17 am
Aoife
ahhh, I wondered if you meant the illuminati, but I was unsure. I haven't heard it called illuminatic before.
User Image
I used it in a different connotation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:43 pm
No Suh
User Image

Sadly, schools have written students up for this, but if they continue - if you feel it's an act against your personal beliefs then you are not required in any way to say it. People have sued schools for violating their rights and making kids say the pledge. That is why some schools don't say it anymore. Although, that is if you are in the United States. If you are in a different country, it might be different.

In school, I used to say it because everyone did and we "had" to and I'd say it mindlessly. They start kids as young as 5 telling them they have to do this. I had a "Christian" teacher once tell a student, "You don't know the pledge yet?! That is your homework for tonight! Learn the pledge and say it tomorrow correctly!" It was messed up D=

Because I became lazy with saying it every day and it was annoying, I would stand up with everyone else and just not say it. Instead I'd pray in my mind while everyone else said the pledge.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 am
I pledge allegiance
to the Flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one nation under God, Indivisible,
with liberty and Justice for all

The ideas of the pledge of allegiance are great. Even if those in charge don't uphold the ideals we could. It is not supporting them, but supporting that America is under God, and that the government is under God, whether they want to or not. Everything is under His authority. I am not American myself, but the ideals of the pledge of allegiance is great. As far as it possible for us we should not rebel against our worldly governments, unless they go directly against the morals that God has set for us to follow trying to make us do the same, but then we must be prepared to face the consequences of these choices, as the governments in this world also will face consequences for mistreatment of their subjects. All governments whether good or evil ultimately answer to God.

It doesn't seem right to me though that you are written up for because of a moral decision... Have you tried talking to any higher ups about this?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 pm
No Suh

You absolutely should not be written up for not doing something you believe is wrong. That's just messed up. I personally like the Pledge of Allegiance and feel it is a great way to honor my country and God. However, if that isn't your thing, you shouldn't get in trouble for it! That's a violation of our Right to Free Speech. You should definitely talk to someone about that.  

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

CherieBunnie

Sugary Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:55 pm
It always bothered me. I think I half did it when I was very little in school, like 2nd grade or under, but I had no idea what it meant at that point. As I got older, I stopped doing it. I would go into lala-land when we had to stand up and just didn't pay any attention, lol. And then later in highschool, I began to really hate the pledge. One nation under God? Not a chance, this nation is wicked. I would stand grudgingly, because my teachers made me.. But I never put my hand on my heart and kept my mouth shut tight. I had a teacher one year who really had it out for me because a few times I attempted to remain seated during the pledge. She hated me all year. But I was a really good student, other than that. I was quiet, always did my work, and made straight As. *shrug*

You guys who aren't in the US.. You might not get the seriousness of it. Even in the schools I went to, you could easily be sent to the principal for not standing during the pledge. They're seriously control freaks about it. Land of the brainwashed free, guys.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:23 am
I don't know if this is still the case, but the pledge was never heavily enforced when I was in school, and I downright refused to say the pledge because it included under god. (I am young enough to have gone through school after that part was added, but educated enough to know it wasn't always a part of the pledge.)

Actually, there isn't an issue with loyalty to ones tribe, or nation in the Christian religion, at least if you're just arguing from a biblical standpoint, so saying the pledge should be less of an issue for those who find that the idea that this is a nation under god acceptable. I was actually the other way around. The nation had more value to me than god, and I wasn't willing to put the nation, under god. That just seemed ridiculous.  

Harbinger of Entropy

Super Wife

3,850 Points
  • Canny Agent 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
Friendly Debate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers