View Results

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 pm
I finally have an idea for a new Persona RP. This little announcement is for those of you who are into the series and those who joined my last Persona RP. If you have no idea what it is about, then I suggest you search google or bing for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona.

Moving on, I made this thread so I can see who plans on joining. I will not be disclosing any plot details, but I will tell you that it takes place after Persona 4, however, the major thing to remember, is that the story is set should you receive the Bad Ending in P4.

If you want to know anything else either PM me or post a question in this thread. I would also like to know what anyone thinks of this idea and whether or not I should bother making the RP.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 pm
To explain to those who do not know what Persona is, but may still be interested, I'll explain the concept of the series.

The parent series of the Persona franchise is called Shin Megami Tensei (or Megami Tensei if you refer to the original games) The concept of SMT, is placing human survivors in the middle of the apocalypse, in which varying demons have overrun the world and caused the end of the world. The player will go on a quest to save or destroy the world by recruiting many of the demons to fight for them.

Persona follows along the same concept except the world is not ending during the games and that the player are not recruiting demons to fight for them. Instead, the demons are products of their subconscious called Personas. These can manifest as Japanese deities, mythological monsters and other such beings. In each game, there is some sort of mystery or threat to the stability of everyday life that needs to be dealt with by the protagonist and their party. They awaken their Persona abilities and fight monsters known as Shadows, the negative aspect of the human subconscious.

In Persona 4, the player is the usual silent protagonist who is moving out to the country for a year while his parents are on a business trip. He soon discovers a serial murder case connected to a rumor about the Midnight Channel, where it is said that if you stare into an off TV at midnight on a rainy night, you will see your soulmate. The protagonist and his friends set out to solve the mystery since the local police are incapable of doing so themselves. And so they begin to adventure inside the Midnight Channel, which involves going into a TV and finding another world on the other side.  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:41 pm
Sounds interesting. If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in joining.

has played the Persona games this time.>

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 pm
Animeprincess_9400
Sounds interesting. If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in joining.

has played the Persona games this time.>

Which ones have you played?  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm
I've played the Devil Survivor series, and the one with Dante from DMC. XD I want the Persona series though. Especially 3 and 4.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm
Tbh, I haven't played 4 yet. I have played 1, 2, and 3 though.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 pm
Then I guess when I explain the situation, I'll have to be careful not to spoil anything for the people who haven't played it.

@Zimbu: I wanna play those, but GameStop doesn't have them in stock, so for now I'm working on 4 and FES  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm
Don't worry about spoilers if you don't want to. I look up ending videos to the games I play, anyway. *spoils it for myself over half the time with either walkthroughs or youtube vids.*

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 pm
I'll actually be doing it for people who have played P4, but don't want any spoilers (assuming we have such people in the RP)  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 pm
Ah, okay. ^.^

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm
Assuming more people decide to comment, I suppose I'll start on the RP tomorrow before and/or after I get home from work that night.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm
Of course, you make an rp that I have no idea about....->reader, not gamer....  

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 pm
Tamwynne the elven
Of course, you make an rp that I have no idea about....->reader, not gamer....

Then you can always read about it, or hell, watch the Anime. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm
I don't know if I want to try to join this time. I've only played Persona 3, so I know nothing about Persona 4. sweatdrop  

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 pm
Otakon BK
I don't know if I want to try to join this time. I've only played Persona 3, so I know nothing about Persona 4. sweatdrop

It's fine, there will be some P3 cameos in there and basically all you really need is a weapon and a Persona.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff