Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 pm
Now that I've got your attention, I have a few roleplay ideas I'd love to try. Just because I'd love to try them, though, doesn't mean that you would. Better yet, these ideas might totally suck and I could be just a dillusional a**. Nevertheless, I'd like to hear your thoughts and oppinions on each and whether or not you would join if I made them. Thank you for reading and I look forward to reading what you have to say on the matter!

NOTE:: I only play female characters, and if you are reserving a role in one of the 1x1s, do note that it is most likely a male role you'll be taking. I do not do guyxguy and I only do girlxgirl on a blue moon when all the stars are aligned. For those who were looking for that sort of thing, sorry!

----------------------

1 x 1 Ideas
~*~

1.) Book-Ends
A quiet and reserved wizard lives all alone in a tower a couple miles away from a rural farming village. He's lived there for hundreds of years, alone with his books and telescope. To him, the villagers that live nearby are confusing creatures and come and go far more quickly than he can keep up with. However, as of late, a village girl comes to visit his tower more frequently than any other ever did. The girl, actually one of the more timid villagers, seeks a life and education beyond that of a simple farmer. At first, all she came to visit for was a chance to learn. As they saw more and more of each other, feelings began to develop on both sides. The girl inspired passion and long forgotten emotions in the normally stoic wizard, whereas the wizard brought out a more outgoing and confident side of the girl. A sweet and perhaps innocent romance that will be taken slowly yet steadilly.

2.) Spellbound
If you have played any of the Dragon Age games, chances are, you know how mages are treated and what extremes templars go through to control them. The relationship between a templar and mage of a circle tower is no doubt unequal and very strained. I would like to explore the secret relationship shared between a templar and mage who are in love, even despite what is expected of them both. I would play the mage.

3.) ωнαт ι ∂єsєяvє
A wicked witch and a bloodthirsty monster join together in unholy matrimony, forming a demi-romantic partnership which is more akin to mutual parasitism than anything. The only reason why they haven't killed one another is because they have an inescapable need for the others' talents which leads to a cycle of mindless passion, hatred, and personal ambitions.

----

Group Roleplays
~*~
1.) тнє sєαяcнιиɢ
A frail white dragoness has just awoken from centuries of hybernation in her icy domain, only to discover that her mate was nowhere in sight - and his scent was long gone. Since her "pets" (read: humanoid servants) were either too dead or too young to be able to explain what happened, the dragoness sets out in human form to find her mate, a much more powerful and conniving black dragon.

2.) Forbidden
--This takes place in a magical fantasy world with modern technology but values, customs, and manners of dress blended with those of medieval and modern times.--
In a world of magic and wonder, numerous creatures with different talents and abilities exist. No matter what you are, though, you are branded at birth as either "good" or "evil" no matter what your actual values and actions are. Evil creatures are cursed to live in an ugly and twisted land of shadows and darkness, whereas Good creatures must live in a bright world of flourishing life and light. Each land has a lord to rule over it, one that reflects in both looks and personality the world in which they rule and reside. Interaction between those of Good and Evil is strictly forbidden by both sides, unless it is to immediately slay one another in the name of their given lands. Those of Good believe that Evil are wicked creatures, and that they deserve all the suffering and misery they get. Evil believes Goods to be self-righteous hyppocrits, and that they do not deserve the bountiful lands they own - and must either learn to share their land or they must lose it for their insolence. As the RP starts, things take a turn for the shocking and scandalous when it is discovered that the Lord of Evil is having a love affair with a maiden of Good!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:23 am
You have done the searching one before I remember the story well since the whole thing up and died sadly even tho it was a great concept. I like the forbidden RP idea tho seems like it could get bloody and fraught with mayhem early. I would comment on your 1x1's tho but I rather suck at those tho likely eternallydamned may say otherwise.  

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:27 am
I love the bookends 1x1, and I would participate in the searching one cause it sounds interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 am
Shining - Yes, I remember. I'd really love to try it again and see how things change in this version, assuming enough people wpuld be interested.

Yes, Forbidden could indeed get very bloody early on, which is honestly something that draws me to this idea. I've never been good with action scenes or fighting scenarios, I admit, and it would be nice to learn by example and experiece how to do them right. That sort of setting and situation, perhaps, would make it easier and give more opprotunity for it.

Thank you for at least acknowledging them, then. ^.^

--

Tamwynne - Thank you! Just to clarify, does that mean you simply like the idea or that you might be interested in doing this one with me? I'm terribly ditzy, I'm afraid. T-T

It certainly will be, once things get going.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:27 am
I'd totally be up for Spellbound, even though I've never actually played Dragon Age. I'd probably need some background for that one. As for the Forbidden, my only question is this: do you have to be human, or can you be something totally different?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 am
You really should play the games; they're amazing, especially Origins. Though before I could let you do the 1x1, I would have to link you to several articles in the Wiki as the games have their own universe, religion, and social structure built with careful detail. It'd be a lot of reading, but if you'd still be interested even despite that, let me know.

I'm expecting most to be non-humans, but humans would be allowed. I might have to design some sort of body tattoo or physical difference between Goods and Evils, though, since humans tend to be rather diverse and common.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:41 am
A lot of reading? Uh... Anyway, as for The Forbidden, my primary character I was thinking of was a humanoid dragon with ice powers and crystalline scales. After all, you said magic was prevalent there, right?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:54 am
That's why I said it was best if one played the games. Reading wouldn't be so necessary then. XD

Sounds good so far. Once/If I get Forbidden up, just finish and send your profile in and we'll see from there. 3nodding Assuming enough would be interested, I look forward to seeing how things go.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:39 pm
I like Forbidden tons. And I'm assuming you'd be playing the good maiden~? I'm trying to back off the 'true evil' character types recently =w= but I like the RP~

And this is why:

OMG! WHAT I DESERVE TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE A JOKER X HARLEY QUINN LOVE STORY! <-- well, that's what I think of most love stories.

But I don't like monsters very much but if vampires and insane homicidal maniacs counted as monsters then.... ASDFGWTF!! (translation: count me in~) *sulks in corner* Why am I so obsessed with Joker and Harley? emo  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:05 pm
Thank you, and of course. I'm experimenting a little with the personality and I'm really looking forward to developing this character.

One of the messages I'd like to get across in this roleplay, despite the darker themes that will be prevalent, is that nothing is quite as black and white as their societies try to make it out to be. People in this world are not entirely good or evil, but instead different shades of gray. Obviously, those living on certain sides will generally lean more towards their society's way, but still I believe it's an interesting concept to explore.

A monster can be anything you want it to be, so long as it can still be called a monster under certain circumstances. (In other words, HELL YES.)

Because Joker and Harley kick a**. 3nodding

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 pm
I'm tempted to play insane, bloodthirsty, manipulative, psychopathic irredeemable murderers now. *shakes fist at Joker*

Well... Could be a vampire~ XP  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:17 pm
They are rather fun to both play and interact with, I have to admit. 3nodding

Definately. If you're definately interested and all, want me to start with the thread now?

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

bebibebi

Alien Loiterer

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm
/scanning through random threads, and stops when she notices the word Dragon Age./

I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR DRAGON AGE.

...So much that I couldn't help but comment on it. (Even if I have no time to do a 1x1 right now. )

Spellbound sounds nice! It's like Cullen x Your mage character in the actual game. The only problem with the Cullen sub-plot was that it wasn't really expounded much, and it ends up as mere comic relief when the tower gets raided by abominations. It was very adorable though. ;u;

Welp, that was all.

/moseys away/

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:41 pm
-EcstaticParanoia-

Yeah, they could have done much more with it. All well to that, though, as there is plenty more room for that sort of thing in the future games I hope.

Though I'd like the characters to be much different than those in game. I won't be playing my mage like my DA:O character, nor would I want the one who played the templar to make a carbon copy Cullen. I'm simply curious how something like that could work, but eh. *shrugs*

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers