Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
Little brat to a Soldier in training *title pending*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:55 am
I had to think about this a lot, but like the title says, Little brat to a Soldier in training.

I was born into a Cathloic family, with loving parents about 21 years ago this past Sunday. Most of my childhood I can't remember, except of some reminders, like the nickname Peanut from one of my aunties, breaking my leg before kindergarden, and leaving a nice hall on the wall (it's still there to this day), and having another nickname, "Fingers Alone" by my grandparents.

As you aready read on the Home School vs. Private School vs. Public School thread, I went to 4 schools. But what you didn't know, the second school I went to, changed my life forever.

You see, like I already meantioned in that thread, I loved Bible in Schools. The two woman (who are now my Sisters in Christ...who knew?), planted the Seed inside of me around the age of nine. Then in 2003 (which I had one of the COOLEST teachers ever), I met my bestie.....in an unsual way. You see, I been bullied most of my life and my parents thought changing schools would help....it kinda helped a bit. Anyway, a friend from my first school tried to help (and succeeded), but it wasn't precious, it was just an ordanary pencil. From that, the friendship blossomed, and she took me to church after sleepovers (her family is so nice).

When I invited to a church annversary (I was asked for teaching a dance ^^; it was fun though. Same church), and the people were so friendly, that (because of a birthday thing which started it all for me), I started to attend church by myself. Gave my bestie a shock when she came back overseas.

In 2007, we got a new minister (our ministers change for time to time, or as we call it in the Salvation Army, stationed), and that's when the watering process began. I remember clearly that my Youth Group went to this concert, which had a speaker, and somewhere deep inside, I knew it was time. During the two years prior, I really didn't payed attention, but something stirred in my heart. I went up, prayed the sinner's prayer, and...well....I was in a HUGE rollercoster ride, which really started 2 years later, when we got a new minister (the other one was stationed over in Scotland, but now is back in the country). I didn't know what God what had in store for me. But she did see me grow to who I am today.....let me explain.

The current minister, that I have, is really supportive, especially in the last 3 years (I was 17 when we met). She's like my Spiritual Mother in a way. Because of that, I have grown so much in faith. Through her, God molded me into the woman I am today. He mold me in ways I couldn't understand and help me realise the gifts and talents I have already and now giving testers of Tounges and Prophecy (don't ask how or why, but it just happens when I'm not thinking for some reason, something I have to ask God about, if it's the gifts he wants me to have or not). Not only that, but also have shaped my personality to make people laugh, like a bubbly personality.....one of the members in another part of the church, told me not to change my personality....since I sing to myself sometimes.

Now I'm training to be a Soldier in the church, which is a HUGE step for me in my faith, so I can have a convenent with God. I just hope and pray that all the bad stuff can be used to help people who went through the same thing as me.

Now something that's not part of my freedom story, but want to share. One of my cats decided to use my foot as a pawstool.....awkard.....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 am
Thank you for sharing. ^^ I was wondering. What is a soldier in the church?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 am
Garland-Green
Thank you for sharing. ^^ I was wondering. What is a soldier in the church?

The term Soldier can be found in The Salvation Army.

It's like being a senior member of the church.....or something like that.

There will be more to this testimony soon....  
Testimonies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games