Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
On death and hell

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:19 pm
If Jesus died for everyone's sins, did he also die for the sins of those that are in Hell? Did Jesus die for the whole world, or a few select? What do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:06 pm
This is an excellent topic smile definitely a good one for friendly debate.

About the Jesus going to Hell thing...I have heard that, but not quite sure where I stand with it. Although, I believe that He did take the keys of Hades/Hell to give us the chance of Salvation. I've heard that some people say that Jesus tried to save those that were even in Hell so they had that chance, too. Biblically, I don't know much concerning that and am not quite sure where I stand on that yet since I haven't read the entire Bible and studied those parts in particular. It's definitely something I should study more 3nodding

I believe Jesus died for everyone's sins. Salvation is not limited - it's a free gift we can accept or deny. I think that there is a destination for every choice considering the free-will factor. For example, if we decide to believe in God and commit all of ourself to God then Heaven will be that reward if we are truly 100% in Him. If someone decides God is not real or doesn't make sense or don't want to come to His terms in the end then that person will go to Hell if they don't get their life turned around. However, we know that not everyone will be saved because everyone has free will and some people will choose to deny God's existence. Sinners (everyone on the face of this planet - believer or non-believer) have that chance of salvation biggrin  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:14 am
Garland-Green
If Jesus died for everyone's sins, did he also die for the sins of those that are in Hell? Did Jesus die for the whole world, or a few select? What do you think?

Here's a comic that might answer your question: http://artngame215.deviantart.com/art/Jesus-Went-To-Hell-For-You-281070597?q=gallery:artngame215/30945192&qo=6

Hope it helps 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:15 am
ll-0RACL3_kun-ll
Garland-Green

Here's a comic that might answer your question: http://artngame215.deviantart.com/art/Jesus-Went-To-Hell-For-You-281070597?q=gallery:artngame215/30945192&qo=6

Hope it helps 3nodding

Excellent cartoon. smile The artist is very right. The work he did was finished on the cross, he did not need to go beat up the devil and steal the keys to Hades, they keys was already his. It was the full payment of our sins, nothing can be added, because it is by his blood that we are saved and washed clean.

Romans 3:25
God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

straven-bushido

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 pm
Simple answer: Jesus died for the sins of the past, present, and future. Not saying that the people in Hell have a chance to get out its more of (and I'd hate to say it this way) purifying the world. giving the earth itself a new start.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:37 am
Aquatic_blue

About the Jesus going to Hell thing...I have heard that, but not quite sure where I stand with it. Although, I believe that He did take the keys of Hades/Hell to give us the chance of Salvation. I've heard that some people say that Jesus tried to save those that were even in Hell so they had that chance, too. Biblically, I don't know much concerning that and am not quite sure where I stand on that yet since I haven't read the entire Bible and studied those parts in particular. It's definitely something I should study more 3nodding

I believe Jesus died for everyone's sins. Salvation is not limited - it's a free gift we can accept or deny. I think that there is a destination for every choice considering the free-will factor. For example, if we decide to believe in God and commit all of ourself to God then Heaven will be that reward if we are truly 100% in Him. If someone decides God is not real or doesn't make sense or don't want to come to His terms in the end then that person will go to Hell if they don't get their life turned around. However, we know that not everyone will be saved because everyone has free will and some people will choose to deny God's existence. Sinners (everyone on the face of this planet - believer or non-believer) have that chance of salvation biggrin

Quote:
Sinners (everyone on the face of this planet - believer or non-believer) have that chance of salvation biggrin
I agree very much with that statement. Even those in Hell had their chance to repent, so it must mean that had they accepted the free gift of salvation they would not be where they are and that Jesus did die for their sins. They simply chose to carry their own sins, and pay the penalty themselves.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:18 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

Quote:
Sinners (everyone on the face of this planet - believer or non-believer) have that chance of salvation biggrin
I agree very much with that statement. Even those in Hell had their chance to repent, so it must mean that had they accepted the free gift of salvation they would not be where they are and that Jesus did die for their sins. They simply chose to carry their own sins, and pay the penalty themselves.

Your second sentence is even more fantastic...because I know that some people that I have come across believe that evil demons or souls could have the chance of turning around. I've heard some say that Satan could turn around, but none of them will because they had their chance to repent and some knew the choice was there, but chose to deny it so they are where they are now. It's important to realize that right now is our chance because when judgement comes, we can't be on our hands and knees begging and saying, "But...I thought you 'might' have existed! Isn't that enough?!" or, "Wow, you exist. I believe now! Can I get past those gates?" because the judgement has already come and God does not judge like the judges in our society. His judgement is different.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm
Jesus never went to hell. The word "sheol" refers to the grave.
Jesus died for the world's sins; past, present and future.
Hell is absense of God...
Before Jesus, people were saved by Faith.  

Masrur Fanalis

Distinct Seeker

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:01 am
The only thing I've come across that puts this into doubt for me is:

Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:29 (NIV)

29 Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?

Living people were getting baptised for individuals who have died already? those dead individuals are in Sheol, yet people are getting baptised for those individuals? question  
Friendly Debate

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games