Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
It gets better everyone.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalona Ayeliski

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:59 am
To all the LGBT kids on this site that get picked on in school and what not, don't let it get to you, those people have know say in who you are, you are beautiful, you are who you are and do not let anyone make you think otherwise, i was picked on and such in high school myself, almost ended up killing myself, but, now im glad i didnt do it, there is so much to live for after high school, all those narrow minded people that you meet in high school are nothing compared to the amazing people you will meet later on in life, trust me young-ins there is nothing wrong with being who you are, be proud of who you are and who you wanna be, be it gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or straight, dont let anyone tell you, you are not beautiful, because you know what, you are beautiful, and you are on this planet to make a difference weather it be helping one person the least bit, or helping the whole world, you matter, and if you choose to believe it or not, there are probably so many people out there that care about you, so please if your ever feeling down or wanting to harm yourself, remember, you are better then the people that are name calling and bullying. its what helped me get through everything and come out to my family and friends who were all surprisingly super accepting of my lifestyle. so remember, it does get better down the road.

P.S if you ever need anyone to talk to, just message me and ill help to the best of my ability <3  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 pm
Irie_Naoki_19
To all the LGBT kids on this site that get picked on in school and what not, don't let it get to you, those people have know say in who you are, you are beautiful, you are who you are and do not let anyone make you think otherwise, i was picked on and such in high school myself, almost ended up killing myself, but, now im glad i didnt do it, there is so much to live for after high school, all those narrow minded people that you meet in high school are nothing compared to the amazing people you will meet later on in life, trust me young-ins there is nothing wrong with being who you are, be proud of who you are and who you wanna be, be it gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or straight, dont let anyone tell you, you are not beautiful, because you know what, you are beautiful, and you are on this planet to make a difference weather it be helping one person the least bit, or helping the whole world, you matter, and if you choose to believe it or not, there are probably so many people out there that care about you, so please if your ever feeling down or wanting to harm yourself, remember, you are better then the people that are name calling and bullying. its what helped me get through everything and come out to my family and friends who were all surprisingly super accepting of my lifestyle. so remember, it does get better down the road.

P.S if you ever need anyone to talk to, just message me and ill help to the best of my ability <3

after you get past school noone bothers you anymore... except roommates.. but roommates suck.

I just live my life and keep to myself, works for me razz  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:15 pm
Depends on the roommates. I live with two other queer guys.
Before this, I lived with a gay guy and a lesbian couple.

Even in university, my roommate was straight, but he didn't care that I wasn't.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm
It depends where you live I guess. In the state of Michigan there is still much hate and dislike for GLBTQs.

I have met many people that when they were found out not being straight they lost their jobs, homes, children, and friends. These people had to flee to a safer place before it cost them their lives.

Not being straight and people knowing it can end in a really bad situation here.

Yet there are places out there that us GLBTQs are fully accepted and states that have gave us our rights. Move to Canada and you are treated like a normally human being and not a 2cd class citizen.  

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:34 pm
MistyMary24
It depends where you live I guess. In the state of Michigan there is still much hate and dislike for GLBTQs.

I have met many people that when they were found out not being straight they lost their jobs, homes, children, and friends. These people had to flee to a safer place before it cost them their lives.

Not being straight and people knowing it can end in a really bad situation here.

Yet there are places out there that us GLBTQs are fully accepted and states that have gave us our rights. Move to Canada and you are treated like a normally human being and not a 2cd class citizen.

Unless if you live in Kalamazoo or a bigger city, Michigan does indeed suck when it comes to LGBT rights. You can't even have a civil union here! I wish I could go to the only gay pride festival here to support my bi sister, but I can't because it's in Lansing and I'm on the lake shore. :/ The middle schoolers at my old school are really homophobic, too. (Oddly, my class wasn't since the high school teachers taught us tolerance. Some kids still said, "That's gay", but that's it. Compared to the children, we were highly tolerant of each other. We had LGB students, too. It's a shame we didn't start up a GSA when we had the chance since my class graduated.)

Michigan doesn't even have an anti-bullying ordinance or anything. I am dissapointed in that since I believe bullying should be a crime, or at least have a set punishment in schools that works. Suspension isn't going to do anything, bullies don't give a damn if they get suspended. The ones I know sure don't.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:59 pm
Belethiel
MistyMary24

Unless if you live in Kalamazoo or a bigger city, Michigan does indeed suck when it comes to LGBT rights. You can't even have a civil union here! I wish I could go to the only gay pride festival here to support my bi sister, but I can't because it's in Lansing and I'm on the lake shore. :/ The middle schoolers at my old school are really homophobic, too. (Oddly, my class wasn't since the high school teachers taught us tolerance. Some kids still said, "That's gay", but that's it. Compared to the children, we were highly tolerant of each other. We had LGB students, too. It's a shame we didn't start up a GSA when we had the chance since my class graduated.)

Michigan doesn't even have an anti-bullying ordinance or anything. I am dissapointed in that since I believe bullying should be a crime, or at least have a set punishment in schools that works. Suspension isn't going to do anything, bullies don't give a damn if they get suspended. The ones I know sure don't.

It is sad that we do not have the support here we need. I know that right now. I am in Traverse City Michigan and they say they are a gay friendly town but they sure do not treat any of us with respect. Many of the GLBTQs have left the rest of us behind here.
Coming out cost me more than people reallize. Yet I am working on educating people when I come across them. I want them to see me for me and not for who I am sexually. They say they can change us but in truth we are not able to be changed we were born attracted to the sex we are attracted to.
We would love to get a GLBT Center in Traverse City ourself and every city there is as well.
Lake Shore, I think that is down state from where I am. I have not been there in years.
Still there is much you can do to support your sister to. Pride colors are great way to show pride for GLBTQ people. Support the rainbow and let people know you are for equal rights. The more people that stand up for equal rights the better chance we have of getting more people for equal rights.
On my profile there is a link to my Facebook page. Click there. I have all kinds of GLBT pictures up there and I post links to articles of what is going on in society. GLBT and else wise.  

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 pm
MistyMary24
Belethiel
MistyMary24

It is sad that we do not have the support here we need. I know that right now. I am in Traverse City Michigan and they say they are a gay friendly town but they sure do not treat any of us with respect. Many of the GLBTQs have left the rest of us behind here.
Coming out cost me more than people reallize. Yet I am working on educating people when I come across them. I want them to see me for me and not for who I am sexually. They say they can change us but in truth we are not able to be changed we were born attracted to the sex we are attracted to.
We would love to get a GLBT Center in Traverse City ourself and every city there is as well.
Lake Shore, I think that is down state from where I am. I have not been there in years.
Still there is much you can do to support your sister to. Pride colors are great way to show pride for GLBTQ people. Support the rainbow and let people know you are for equal rights. The more people that stand up for equal rights the better chance we have of getting more people for equal rights.
On my profile there is a link to my Facebook page. Click there. I have all kinds of GLBT pictures up there and I post links to articles of what is going on in society. GLBT and else wise.

I'm still trying to find ways I can help, and going to a pride march would've been a good start. Oh well, I can go next year or try to find one that's closer to me. I don't have any money to buy any kind of LGBT support merchandise right now, but I bet I could make something.

I'm thinking about doing an LGBT art project this month. 3nodding Maybe it's best to start small?

I'm already part of Wipe Out Homophobia on Facebook, by the way. :3 It's a neat little group, and I joined the All Out global gay rights campaign. I just haven't done anything with them yet.

You just gave me an idea. I could do something on Gaia with rainbow avatars or something. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:45 pm
Belethiel
MistyMary24
Belethiel
MistyMary24

I'm still trying to find ways I can help, and going to a pride march would've been a good start. Oh well, I can go next year or try to find one that's closer to me. I don't have any money to buy any kind of LGBT support merchandise right now, but I bet I could make something.

I'm thinking about doing an LGBT art project this month. 3nodding Maybe it's best to start small?

I'm already part of Wipe Out Homophobia on Facebook, by the way. :3 It's a neat little group, and I joined the All Out global gay rights campaign. I just haven't done anything with them yet.

You just gave me an idea. I could do something on Gaia with rainbow avatars or something. xD

Yes you can a rainbow in all your avatars. It is an easy way to show support on Gaia. Plus you can put something in your Gaia Sig or on your Gaia profile that states you support GLBTQ rights.
Also on your Facebook account you can post something there to. The more you post that you support the rights the more people have to see that you are for it.
I know that in my pictures on Facebook I have pics in there that state I am not Gay but I support Gay rights. If you need some pics go ahead and grab them off there. That is what they are there for, are to share them and comment on them. You can do more than you realize without money to purchase items from the stores.
And at home projects are the best. They mean so much more than the store bought items. *reminds me we still have the tie die project here to do and than the wording on it to make shirts that say Gay and Lesbian. on them. My older sibling needs a boyfriend really bad and I need a girlfriend. Since nobody wants to admit openly they are GLBTQ around here than you have to make something that states you are so they approach. Worse they can do is try to chase us out to.
Traverse City says they are GLBTQ friendly but in truth they are more like we say that and than when we discover you are not straight lets take your rights all the way away from you and chase you out of town. More people I know that are not straight refuse to live in Traverse City because they have lost their jobs, children, friends and more because the city does not permit it.
Still confused on how it got on a GLBT friendly list. They are more like if you are straight and Christian you are alright but if you do not fit into those categories lets come after you.  

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 am
MistyMary24
Belethiel
MistyMary24
Belethiel
MistyMary24

Yes you can a rainbow in all your avatars. It is an easy way to show support on Gaia. Plus you can put something in your Gaia Sig or on your Gaia profile that states you support GLBTQ rights.
Also on your Facebook account you can post something there to. The more you post that you support the rights the more people have to see that you are for it.
I know that in my pictures on Facebook I have pics in there that state I am not Gay but I support Gay rights. If you need some pics go ahead and grab them off there. That is what they are there for, are to share them and comment on them. You can do more than you realize without money to purchase items from the stores.
And at home projects are the best. They mean so much more than the store bought items. *reminds me we still have the tie die project here to do and than the wording on it to make shirts that say Gay and Lesbian. on them. My older sibling needs a boyfriend really bad and I need a girlfriend. Since nobody wants to admit openly they are GLBTQ around here than you have to make something that states you are so they approach. Worse they can do is try to chase us out to.
Traverse City says they are GLBTQ friendly but in truth they are more like we say that and than when we discover you are not straight lets take your rights all the way away from you and chase you out of town. More people I know that are not straight refuse to live in Traverse City because they have lost their jobs, children, friends and more because the city does not permit it.
Still confused on how it got on a GLBT friendly list. They are more like if you are straight and Christian you are alright but if you do not fit into those categories lets come after you.

Gaia just released a rainbow flag mood bubble. emotion_kirakira I shall buy it once it goes down in value as more enter the marketplace. That's enough for me since I don't have a colorful inventory. xD

Yeah, but I don't have any money to buy anything to make stuff. :I And I'm just trying to pay off my 100 dollar commitment fee for college. I need 40 dollars yet.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games