Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
"and ye shall be as gods.." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm
Samael KOT
Dramatica Angeliqua
Just kind of glancing around this thread... ninja

I find there is a lot of evidence for Creationism, some of which I mention here...

Dramatica Angeliqua
Aniew
Dramatica Angeliqua

I believe science coincides with the Bible but am quite skeptical on evolution being called science, when in fact it appears to be unscientific and more of a radical belief that requires more faith than faith in God. What is factual about evolution in the first place? Where is the empirical evidence leading us to accept it as a fact?

The fact that it is a theory and not a law does not make it unreliable, as, gravity is also considered a theory. All sciences have in some form evidence to support this theory. I don't want to sidetrack the topic, but Wikipedia has a great list of evidence of evolution. It should explain everything you could reasonably want to know about it as well as counterpoints to arguments frequently presented by others who share your background. Hope that might help emotion_hug

Really? That's very interesting! 4laugh I'll go check it out, but I believe in the Flood occurrence due to the earth's abundant coal and oil and the discovery of whale bones on mountaintops. Just from a quick glance, I noticed one of the arguments talked about vestigial structures... You don't mind if I state an opinion on this from spontaneous thought? Okay, well, humans have what's called a tail bone, however there are nine muscles attached to it, so it cannot possibly be vestigial. And whale bones' hind structure cannot be vestigial, as well, due to the bones serving as anchor points for muscles, and without them it is impossible to reproduce. And admittedly, I kind of have an issue with fossil dating by how old the rock layers are, because I think it appears to be circular reasoning and that petrified trees have been found in all rock layers, some even upside down, running through millions of years worth of rock, which points to the Flood. Just throwing that out there, but you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. ^ ^ I think it's great to hear everyone's thoughts. Oops, haha, don't mean to get off topic, either. sweatdrop That's entirely my fault.

It's really not blind faith, and my faith in the Christian God has been strengthened because I also encountered the supernatural. Personal experiences. Several. Actually, it's more like moving from the realm of faith into the realm of knowledge. Therefore, you no longer simply believe but know. Samael, I'm so happy we can actually relate by both knowing without a doubt the supernatural exists! 4laugh I also believe Magick is real because I dabbled into it before... I also created psi balls and practiced witchcraft. Fortunately, I repented of these things and no longer do them. I now believe they are Satanic and an abhorrence to a just and holy God.

I sincerely apologize for the horrifying length (it will scare you), but here's my testimonies and stuff you can view if you want: My Testimonies & Dreams Collection

Hey, I understand your bitterness toward God. If not, then I am familiar with it. "Like, why would He be just and holy if life seems so unfair and hard? Why does he allow suffering in the world? Does He simply not care? Have we been abandoned?" I know it's human nature to blame God and get angry with Him when we do not understand why He does what He does. I know I do sometimes. Well, these are my own words quoted when I was talking to a suicidal girl, wanting to make her feel better:

Dramatica Angeliqua

User Image

Suffering is a part of being human. It's what makes us human... We all are weak; it's just that some people are afraid to show it or don't want to admit it. We carry our pride and keep it close to our hearts as if it would protect us. Pride is our armor. Without it we are meek and honest. We all have our issues, we all have our bottled up anger, suppressed misery, confusion. We all think we're alone, and no one can help us. If we endure through our struggles and hardships and remain strong to the end, how much more we can overcome! God understands... He allows bad things like suffering in the world because He can see good outcomes in what is at first deemed bad. Sure, suffering hurts, but in the end we have love and compassion for one another, sympathizing with others in pain. We know we've gone through the same things and that we're not alone. It's our way to really connect with each other. And with God, too. Without suffering...who needs God? Who needs Him to save you, hold you, comfort you? No one would cry out to God, and He would be long forgotten. Where's hope if there's no suffering? Where's love, compassion, and sympathy if there's no suffering? It makes us spiritually strong, wise, molds and shapes us into the people God intends for us to be.

Quote:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10.)

Quote:
Peace and Hope

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
(Romans 5:1-8.)

I hope your day was better today. ^ ^ I'm here for support whenever you need me. God Bless. <3

And about aliens? Haha, they are curious creatures, aren't they? 4laugh Interestingly, I read an article a few years ago on the Internet about someone witnessing alien-like beings emerging from the spirit realm...? And they were transparent. Somehow I can't find it anymore. gonk No sightings seem to have been very clear or focused, possibly evidence for non-physical objects/beings. I am led to believe aliens are another form a demon takes, as demons often also appear as familiar spirits and ghostly beings as some of their disguises to deceive.

EDIT:
Ehh... Samael and Garland, you guys obviously have two different views and are unwilling to back down. You're like North and South. So, I believe this debate is futile, never ending, and going nowhere. Samael doesn't seem to be interested in finding answers at the moment, and his arguments serve as his answers rather than our responses. Tons and tons of evidence aren't going to change him, Garland. It takes the Holy Spirit to give him a change of heart. Have patience, for accepting views radically different from his own would be quite overwhelming. These things take time. He needs time to think, so let's accept him as he is right now. The best thing to do is pray and show kindness as Christ would. wink

Repented?? There are millions of people with "personal experiences"

Also everything that isn't fancying Christianity has to be repented? Even if your God exists you wouldn't need to repent. Your god gave you free will, the witchcraft, vampire, werewolf evil demonized s**t all came up from the humans and nothing else.

In your religion it was specifically stated that he gave us free will and that's the a** pull thing you Christians always use for why the world is as it is with an omnipotent being who can just smile and make everything better from the wrinkle lines it takes to smile. Not not even that much and everything bad would be better. That's your belief isn't it? Kinda sounds like a children's story, not a good ancient world one but a shitty modern one.

Why is using what what we were given a sin in your religion? Magick doesn't come from evil spirits, it can be it doesn't mostly. It's mainly individual, and if we have such an ability and free will and he's omnipotent, then that would mean it's pretty much not a sin, heck if he exists maybe he WANTED us to do it and evolve further WITH IT.

Also regarding sightings, do you put it past a government with near limitless resources and who control the general population

There are near infinite galaxies in the universe.

If you don't think other life is out there when we are very young, then that kinda ******** over your idea that God is at all real, considering if he had a will of his own yet only created life on earth then you are either EXTREMELY arrogant which means you shouldn't be taken seriously or a conscious being couldn't have possibly created the universe.

"Doesn't seem to be interested in finding answers"
You are the bad part of Christianity that other Christians hate, do you realize how arrogant that comment is. Unless you yourself are God, you don't know s**t, simple as that.

"Tons and tons of evidence aren't going to change him."
I've heard no proof that put Christianity apart from any other religion in the universe. You are an arrogant ********, get over yourself. You have no proof yet you claim it as fact and me below you for not believing.

Tell me, what the ******** do you do with your life that is so important that you think you even half the worth I am.

Oh and the Holy Spirit doesn't exist, everything you've gained from "religion" was personal. If you believe that Christianity is real, clearly with a s**t ton of arrogance, that strengthens your life because willpower gets stronger when you have absolute faith in something even if it's full of s**t. You guys are clearly to far gone and are you are a disgrace by the fact that you said you thinking critically about religion when you guys are really just blindly faithing it.

When you die and realize that Christianity wasn't real?

Wouldn't it have been better if you bettered yourself through spiritual training than going in there thinking you'd have an omnipotent being that didn't exist who would watch over you? If you had any logical thinking abilities you would think like that, improving yourself through that stuff no matter the outcome would be the safest way, you are doing an all or nothing off something that most likely doesn't exist while I'm bettering myself so that no matter the outcome I still have my little "bomb shelter"
While you will be a fodder with nothing.

Garland: "They are enslaving people"
So by having someone believe in another entity than your own it's enslavement? But for your own religion that has killed countless people, it's justified? Kk that's a very 12 year old girl way of looking at it.

You have no idea what the truth is, you think you do.

You talk down to me like you are greater than me while you are below me, in all ways, spiritually, emotionally, socially, and everything in between. Yet you are so arrogant despite this.

I am sorry you feel that way. That is all I am going to say.
Please tone down your language. You may think it is ok,
but you are not alone in the guild and others may take offense.
If you are going to curse, and be abusive please note that this is considered harassment, and may have re precautions regardless if it happens in a guild, or the main forums.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:07 am
For those of you who have read Samael KOT's accusations:

Didn't Christianity 'Borrow' From Other Religions?

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:57 am
[Update] We always have a Christmas storm. These storms usually damage something in the house, since I am living in an old house it takes very little to blow out a window or throw stones off the roof. So I am always surprised when we have a storm and it doesn't damage the house.

Last year the storm took out our router. A neighbor had all his electrical appliances destroyed so I guess we were lucky it was only a router. My wife looked online to see where we could find one that was affordable, and she found one in a store in a neighboring commune. When I drove there I quickly found what I was looking for and went to the check out. The person in check out was a previous colleague of mine from back when I used to be a Buddhist. I've often been thinking and praying that I would met this person again since I felt as if I had lead him down a very dangerous path. I used to be very vocal about what I believed and he seemed to take everything I said when we worked together very seriously. I didn't remember his name, so I could not look him up on Facebook or online.

My router being destroyed by lightning gave me the chance I had been looking for, and when I came home I added him on Facebook and wrote a long message about what had happened to me, and how I had discovered that what I previously had told him was inspired by demons and not by truth. I could tell by his replies that he didn't care for what I was saying, since his replies were; "So are you saying that everything but Christianity is demonic?"
When I said that this is in essence what I am saying he quit replying.

I think God gave me this chance to talk to him just as much for me as for him. It gave me peace at heart having been able to say to him that I was wrong and that I was not only wrong but dangerously wrong. He might not have responded the way I was hoping, but I can't transform people - only God can. I have experienced with this that I can't reason people to believe in Jesus. That though God will grant me a prayer it won't necessarily turn out the way I think it will.  
Testimonies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff