Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Suggestions & feedback
Interpretation of Scriptures.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mary Corleone

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:53 pm
I'm not entirely sure, if anyone has thought of this before me. But, maybe instead of just posting Bible scriptures we could also have a discussion forum about our ideas and interpretations of each scripture. It would be helpful for some clarification as well as different ideas on how each of the scriptures tie into our lives today.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:48 pm
We could set up a forum in the chatterbox, questions and answers, or friendly debate sub-forums or maybe even the main forum would be a good place for a thread like this smile if we put it all in one thread it may be easier.

Do you want to just have it so anyone can post any scripture they would like and say how they interpret it and possible tools they use to help with interpretation whether they used a concordance, history book, original languages, commentary books, blue letter bible, or even just guidance from the Holy Spirit? Or did you want to have one verse posted each day and to see what people think about it?

I agree it sounds like a good idea to enhance understanding, see the different interpretations, etc. you can go ahead and start a thread about that if you want biggrin I don't know if there will be enough for a sub-forum, but perhaps if it becomes popular and is in need of more than one thread - we can add a sub-forum, but just use a thread to start. Would that be alright?  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Mary Corleone

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Aquatic_blue
We could set up a forum in the chatterbox, questions and answers, or friendly debate sub-forums or maybe even the main forum would be a good place for a thread like this smile if we put it all in one thread it may be easier.

Do you want to just have it so anyone can post any scripture they would like and say how they interpret it and possible tools they use to help with interpretation whether they used a concordance, history book, original languages, commentary books, blue letter bible, or even just guidance from the Holy Spirit? Or did you want to have one verse posted each day and to see what people think about it?

I agree it sounds like a good idea to enhance understanding, see the different interpretations, etc. you can go ahead and start a thread about that if you want biggrin I don't know if there will be enough for a sub-forum, but perhaps if it becomes popular and is in need of more than one thread - we can add a sub-forum, but just use a thread to start. Would that be alright?

I'll have to think about that. I'll get back to you on it though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:48 pm
Deora Gale
Aquatic_blue

I'll have to think about that. I'll get back to you on it though.

Okay smile no problem ^_^  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Rae of Hope

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:45 pm
I like this idea a lot. The word of God is a thing that lives within us and I think discussion is the best way to experience it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:47 am
Good idea mrgreen
Books like revelation and psalms could use interpretations 3nodding  

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:03 pm
Crew and administration has talked over this subject and put up a new sub-forum called "Understanding the Bible". Please make sure to read the "Intended Use" sticky before posting. Thanks to Garland-Green who has set it all up for us, we can post there about scriptures we don't understand to find out what they mean or to post a scripture and see possible interpretations for others. Thank you for the suggestion as well and we all hope that everyone will be able to enjoy it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 pm
Aquatic_blue
Crew and administration has talked over this subject and put up a new sub-forum called "Understanding the Bible". Please make sure to read the "Intended Use" sticky before posting. Thanks to Garland-Green who has set it all up for us, we can post there about scriptures we don't understand to find out what they mean or to post a scripture and see possible interpretations for others. Thank you for the suggestion as well and we all hope that everyone will be able to enjoy it! biggrin

Awesome! Can't wait to see it.  

Mary Corleone

Suggestions & feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces