Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
Drama Teams in Churches

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:24 pm
I know some people that have been involved in mime, acting, etc. by performing skits that have a Biblical message and say it's a very effective witnessing technique. I've never tried it, and I've read and seen some Christian skits that were excellent. I think drama teams are a great idea as long as it's has a Christian theme and it's for the glory of God.

I just wanted to see people's view points on this because it seems interesting to do. I can see some possible drawbacks and possible successes depending on how it's done and if the actors are truly doing it for God instead of just themselves.

1. Have you been in a church drama team?
2. If so, did it end up to be a good or bad witnessing technique in the end? Why?
3. If not, would you like to? Why or why not?  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm
I was in one of our church plays once, but I barely remember it because it was years ago. I was one of the shepherds that brought gifts to baby Jesus. I would definitely say that it is a good witnessing technique. Our plays are usually funny and they bring a more modern portrayal of stories in a lighthearted and relatable way.  

Rae of Hope

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:45 pm
Rae of Hope
I was in one of our church plays once, but I barely remember it because it was years ago. I was one of the shepherds that brought gifts to baby Jesus. I would definitely say that it is a good witnessing technique. Our plays are usually funny and they bring a more modern portrayal of stories in a lighthearted and relatable way.

That sounds delightful ^_^ sorry you couldn't remember more, but at least you remember a little bit =]  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:49 pm
It's also fun to watch cause the kids put it on. I was in middle school, but the other two shepherds couldn't read yet so I had to tell them their lines. So cute. xd  

Rae of Hope

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 pm
Rae of Hope
It's also fun to watch cause the kids put it on. I was in middle school, but the other two shepherds couldn't read yet so I had to tell them their lines. So cute. xd

Cute, indeed! whee Sounds like a lot of fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:14 pm
I LOVE drama in the church in this form! lol
I have been part of several plays and dances myself and find it to be an amazing form of reaching people, both those who are church goers already and those who aren't.
I have contemplated starting a straight drama team at our church myself, we have a few plays every year (passion play at Easter and Christmas play) and have always had a christian dance studio at our church with awesome dances, which I have been a part of, but not a drama team...

check this fav out!
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=GD6PNNNX  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 pm
Aoife
I LOVE drama in the church in this form! lol
I have been part of several plays and dances myself and find it to be an amazing form of reaching people, both those who are church goers already and those who aren't.
I have contemplated starting a straight drama team at our church myself, we have a few plays every year (passion play at Easter and Christmas play) and have always had a christian dance studio at our church with awesome dances, which I have been a part of, but not a drama team...

check this fav out!
]http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=GD6PNNNX

That's cool that you do plays at church for specific times of the year. I believe that you should definitely push for a drama team at your church so you can do skits all year round. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:53 am
1. Have you been in a church drama team?
I'm more of the serious type so I don't really partake in acting or singing.

2. If so, did it end up to be a good or bad witnessing technique in the end? Why?
I have never done it or really had the desire to peruse it, but I have watched drama teams before and I have seen good interpretations of scripture from them.

3. If not, would you like to? Why or why not?
Nope Nope Nope, I hate being the center of attention. D:  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:12 pm
Acting is something I really enjoy, so yes, I think that drama teams in churches are a really great thing. I believe that people are saved through all sorts of mediums. Like, while one person might be really touched by something a pastor or preacher says in a sermon and get saved that way, another may get saved through a song that they hear, through a play that they see, etc.

I have been in a few plays, as a child my church at that time used to put on Psalty the Singing Songbook plays and I used to play one of the nameless praise kids.

Now in my new church, one Christmas I wrote a play about the birth of Jesus and wound up playing the narrator while the kids acted out the various other roles. It was pretty cute, and the parents all loved it because it was, well, their kids were up there. :3 I loved watching all the kiddies do their little roles and stuff, it was adorable.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:10 pm
I saw a large, elaborate skit set to "Everything" by Lifehouse (played live by my good friends and their band) at an outdoor event that actually moved me to tears. I think it's an excellent way of witnessing. The Holy Spirit doesn't limit himself to operating only in the ways we expect him to.  

Anchor for the Soul

Friendly Debate

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff