Submit

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Rancor narrowed his eyes slightly, glancing around what was once the "home" of Brujah. By home, it was more a central place for them to gather, when needed or simply to relax with like-minded people. It seemed, however, there were almost none around, if any. He figured, by rights, that Troile was busy somewhere. If she expected him to completely have to babysit the clan at all times, he was definitely ready to reconsider things. He was old, and while he knew a lot, it was not his place to have to prod every last wannabe rebel around to get them to do something. Certainly, he'd be ready to gut the first one to try and ruin things for Brujah, but he figured there was younger blood - like Erika - to handle the more pressing matters, and he was able to be found, if needed.

Obviously, someone forgot he was, in fact, needed. He scowled slightly, and contemplated if he needed to draw upon olden powers and see what, and who, was around. It was evident the clan was lacking, and suffering, and he regretted slightly his decision to step away. After waking up from torpor, one does need to reattune to the world though, and it should have been understandable. And as he reminded himself again, the clan should have been perfectly capable of handling itself, in all it's chaotic glory, without issue. Rabble be what it was, it was possible they were just busy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 am
User ImageThe room, although mostly empty, was not particularly quiet; off to one side, Eadaoin sat scowling at something in front of her, while a set of speakers blasted out something that was more screaming than music. It was presumably to help her think, not that she was finding it to particularly be working.

And Rancor's entrance had now distracted her entirely. As soon as the Meth came in, she had felt something, which she had only felt once before. She eyed him darkly, aware that she should probably speak to him - he was not as powerful as Troile, but she still felt inherently intimidated by the power coming off him, and it made her angry. As she wrestled her temper back under control, she tried to think of what would be an appropriate way to approach the older vampire. As one of the few active Brujah, she had found herself shoved into a leadership position that she was now finding much less attractive than she would have expected; not because she didn't like the power, but she had perhaps reached it a bit too quickly, and her relative youth was making it hard to garner the respect she needed to get things done. With the other clan leadership apparently uninterested in helping her, she would need what allies she could find.

Finally she rose, although she was unable to entirely keep from stalking on her approach to Rancor. "Greetings," she said, trying to keep the subservient tone she knew was proper in dealing with such a powerful vampire, but was so out of character for the new Elder. "The clan has been quiet of late; if you're looking for Erika, she hasn't been around much of late, and I don't know where she might be." There, probably the most important information he might be looking for. She just had to hope it wasn't so unsatisfactory that he wanted to take it out on her. As much as she could use blowing off some steam right now, she was pretty sure he'd be more than capable of taking her to pieces if he so desired.

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am
Rancor turned slowly, keeping an even stance as he took in the sight of this new person. He hadn't seen her before he left, after Troile's show of force. He had enough of a memory to remember that to know she wasn't there - she was newer, and he could sense it, but she was no fledgling either. She had a sense about her, and a knowledge. And she was wise enough not to challenge him right off like some Brujah would do.

He inclined his head slightly, a small glint of faint light reflecting off gold eyes as he took her in more. "Erika is out and about... hmm," he said, letting it hang a moment. "Quiet seems quite the understatement," he said. "I've seen livelier moments at a Ventrue gathering." Which was to say, it was pretty dead, as Ventrue were not known to be partiers or cause a ruckus. He tilted his head back down to look over her closer.

"I don't recall seeing you around before," he said, shifting slightly to roll a shoulder a moment as he considered his next course of action. She had had a slightly aggressive approach, but her tone was wise enough to not be vicious. Still, she could be anyone, or anything, but she didn't seem to be Sabbat, or he'd have already been attacked. Although a young Sabbat was easy prey for him, they never, ever went alone if they were on a rampage. He was already alert and listening, ensuring nothing else was coming. He already suspected she was Brujah, for certain, but he wanted to see how she reacted, and behaved. She seemed a bit of a spitfire in some ways, and it made a very... interesting impression on him. Brujah could use some life like this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 am
It hadn't even occurred to Eadaoin that he might not be a Brujah. Something about the way he held himself... and the way he looked around, how well he seemed to know the place. She bared her teeth in a tight grin, acknowledging the joke, but too tightly strung to get much actual amusement from it.

"My siblings and I were turned during the Month of Darkness," she replied, as answer to the implied question. It didn't really occur to her that he might not know when that had been; it had been such a major event for Faetasia, if he was aware at all he would have noticed it. She had not even really seen or heard much from her siblings in recent months, as, of the three, only Eadaoin had become tightly embroiled in clan affairs.

"I am Eadaoin, and you are?" Unless she completely missed the mark, there were only a few possibilities, and she knew at least names for them, from the work and research she had been doing to bring herself up to speed for her new position. Best to find out quickly who she was dealing with.

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:05 am
"Ah," he said, smirking slightly. She had "family", had being more operative. In time, it tended you gave up those bonds, unless you were rebound through clan kinship. He may have had some, once. He had long ago given up such thoughts and memories, it was not worth holding after awhile. People passed, and faded away as the years went on, for whatever reasons mere mortals had.

"Rancor, Methuselah of the Brujah," he said, offering a slight bow of the head. "After Troile reappeared," he said the Disciples name clearly, but without any disrespect, for he knew her power and place, and necessity, even if he did not fully agree with everything about her - but when did Brujah often agree? - "I decided it best for myself, and by extend the clan, to commit myself to more fully learning of the world I came out of torpor into, and hone my skills further, and see if there was anything new to learn.' He flexed his right had slightly. "And see what I could find of our enemies, and learn of them. After all, as the might of the Camarilla, it serves us not to be sitting on our haunches and getting weak."

He wondered what sort of things would go through her head hearing his rank and name. Did she know? Who had brought her into the fold? There were only so many capable of doing so he knew of - Troile herself, Erika - he was uncertain if Carthage had been around or what, it was hard to say - but past that, most were too young to be proper sires... but desperate times sometimes called for desperate measures. It wasn't like he looked weak and fragile after all, he was well-built and toned, and could go toe to toe with most anyone, even without the vampiric enhancement. His age and time only served to make him even stronger, and he was more then willing to remind any fool pup were who was in power. Rancor was definitely known in the clan as one to talk, to inspire, and to discuss, and act when needed. He was not known for a show of force without reason, but when he did, it was often pointed and left a mark - on memory or physical as needed, or even both. He'd more then once in many, many days past ensured the clans remembered what Brujah was capable of - when directed the clan had been a vicious force that could bring about change, and bring about destruction.

It was high time the clans remembered. Toreador certainly wouldn't do much, and he was also certain Tremere would as soon backstab the whole of the Camarilla for their gain if they could. Of course, the Sabbat would never take them due to their actions against Tzimisce, but that likely wouldn't stop the power-mad wizards. There was much to consider, to do.

"What is your place here, Eadaoin?" he asked pointedly. She at least seemed smart enough to keep check of herself and not lash. He'd had more then a few before he had to remind physically who was the more powerful vampire.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:27 am
A Methuselah. Well, he could have been the Antediluvian - was this better, or worse? She wasn't sure, although she was inclined to believe that letting the most ancient vampires sleep was probably in the favor of the younger Kindred. And he seemed to have the same goals that had led her to take up her current position, to revitalize their clan.

Of course, now the fact that she had given him a precise timeframe for her Turning backfired; she was perfectly aware that she was very young for her current position, but with no other particularly active members of the clan, only she had been willing to fill it. Her enthusiasm had attracted the attention of Troile, and now here she was. "I am an Elder; in fact, the only one currently active," she replied, hoping that the brief explanation would help temper any wrath. She had not received the position through blood, but through determination. "Sadly the clan has been lacking in activity of late, although I am hoping to bring in new blood soon." Soon, if only she could get the clan affairs in order. She remembered her days as a fledgling; a new group of young Brujah would keep her far too busy to do much of the work that had been left undone, if she waited to finish it.

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:38 am
He quirked a brow. Had it been Erika's doing, or Troile's, to place her at such a rank despite her seeming age. Still, age meant nothing at times, if one was willing to pursue a goal. But wanting power often had reasons which were... less then pure intentions. Not that many vampires, if any, had such notions. Still, if she was capable, and obviously had to have something to her name to impress either of the ladies - or even Carthage - then she might very well be worthwhile. Being embraced to the clan was one thing - rising through the ranks was another. Even in lean times one did not simply throw just anyone there, unless they were completely foolish, and he was very certain Troile wasn't, and Erika had always seemed sensible.

"Elder, you say," he said, tapping his chin a moment as he looked her over again. "Good to know someone's still holding the reins at least, especially with Erika somewhere other then here." He could have doubted her word, but went with it - if she proved false, he knew he could take her down in an instant, and probably plenty of other 'friends' if they showed up too, should it be a false lead. "Well, I recommend you be ready to prove yourself capable of the rank some more," he said, smiling slightly, "because you'll have work to do. Granted, I don't plan to sit around and do nothing, but a methuselah's place is not to be strictly the only acting body around here, and I prefer that a proper chain of command exist. Elders were always the better method to keep things in line, not that I haven't or will stop stepping in if needed. Young ones can get... very unruly." He smirked slightly. Even he'd been a bit of a wild one in his 'younger days' of being a vampire, but over time learned the finer arts of things. He'd always had a way with speaking and words, but he'd been more prone to action before words. Words easily could be as a vicious weapon as claw and fang, and blade.

"Unless," he said, "you prefer the quiet solitude."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 am
His suspicion was readily apparent, and although it was not be any means unexpected, it nonetheless rankled. She managed, just barely, to keep from twisting her lips in a snarl, and even as he claimed to be happy leaving her in charge of things, she felt distinctly as though he was still taking over by granting her leave to continue what she had been doing. And since she was by no means capable of regaining any control through combat - although she badly wished that was an option - she decided instead to use another approach.

"The 'quiet solitude' is an unfortunate consequence of how few we have become. The clan needs new blood, as unruly as they tend to be; there has simply been too much to do for me to have much time so far for anything other than catching up on clan business. If you are now awake, and looking to help strengthen the clan, perhaps you can help me with finding appropriate mortals to Turn. With the current chaos, those of appropriate temperament shouldn't be too hard to lure out." She knew that she was showing a dangerous level of cheek, suggesting as she was what he should do, but she was sick of kowtowing to him. Even if it got her smacked down, she needed to make some show of power, if only for her own pride.

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:56 pm
He stared at her, eyes narrowed as he contemplated what to do about her. She'd been brash enough to treat him as though he were lesser then she, and to a degree it rankled him. On the other hand, she was definitely driven, and determined, and it was a good merit that was needed. "I will do as I decide, when I do," he said, his tone somewhat cold. "Should you continue to act as though I am a mere fledgling, there will be problems."

A slight smile touched the corner of his lips then, although it did not continue into his eyes as he looked at her. "That said, we need to do something. I have no idea what could possibly keep you so busy, although I don't know what was left to you when Erika decided to wander away." He shrugged slightly. "But a clan - no matter the size - must go on, and have things to upkeep. I know we have a few errant members around, and it happens." He shrugged again, looking around at the state of things and thinking.

"There will never be a shortage of candidates, no matter the time," he said bluntly. "Chaos does not always breed the best, however, since some simply fall into the group mentality and lose themselves. We want people with conviction for change, and preferably capable in a fight as well. We are not an idle clan of talk and politics, nor are we the mindless animalistics of the Gangrel. We are Brujah." He paced a bit, thinking some more, and turned to look at her again.

"Anyone can make noise. I want people who are more then just talk and thoughts. But I don't want mindless brutality only, either - action without thought or reason is Malkavian." He spit on the floor, showing his displeasure. "We'll need a good lure though, something to draw those driven to bring about change, and willing to act. There's plenty who have a mind for it, but we need to be careful and targeted. And too many at once can be a problem as well. We don't need anyone running around without a sense in their head on what's going on. There's Werewolves out there who would easily rip them to shreds, and of course the Sabbat as well out there who'd be more then happy to ruin then new lives." He gave a grim smirk then. "We also have a duty to the Camarilla to ensure we don't have them breaking the Masquerade. Much as power and leadership is our antithesis, the cover of it gives us plenty of room to do what we want as we want, and I rather like that particular freedom. It's a small price to pay, really, in the scheme of things."

He twitched his tail as he considered what might work. "I'm open to hearing suggestions and ideas, however, since you seem perfectly capable of having them, which is more then I can say for some vampires out there."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 am
She quailed back just slightly at his anger, but was it was much less than she had expected. When harsh words and an icy tone were all that she received, she let out the breath she had been holding (not that it had mattered, but that old habit did die hard). As he distracted himself with musings - on what she had suggested, no less - she couldn't help the slightest of smirks, although whenever he looked her way she did her best to hide it quickly.

She was actually more than willing to listen to the wisdom of his greater age, and he had several good points. His opinions and suggestions on potential new recruits would be invaluable, and she grudgingly was becoming glad he had appeared, even if she would no longer have the level of control she had been slowly adjusting to. She nodded along at several points, letting him speak without interruption, until he asked for her own thoughts.

"Perhaps some event targeted at mortals who want - or at least claim to want - change, simply to bring them to us, and then we can pick out those who seem to have the drive to action for some sort of further testing? Those who show they have both the will to fight and the intelligence to direct it will have the opportunity to stand out from the rest."

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:40 am
He listened, taking it in a moment, and then nodded, affording a smile. "It has merit, I like it. A large gathering is an excellent way to find them easier, and without drawing just those who want blood and death. Definitely a worthwhile pursuit. Of course, we could just as easily find the world is content to be the way it is, and if that's the case, I'll ensure I change people's minds quick enough that it's not." He laughed a short quiet laugh. "Thankfully, I've rarely found the world wanting for those dissatisfied with things. Maybe not with the monarchy, but there's always something that people wish were different."

He tilted his head to one side, glancing up a moment as he considered things. They'd have a decent pick of who they wanted, and they'd need at least two places to gather - the first major collection, and the testing, as bringing them back here would be bad. He knew a few deserted places that would work for the second - the woods were no longer safe with the wolves around - as fun and interesting as that could be, it wasn't worth risking potentials - but the first... that might be a problem. A suitably large arena, but one that wouldn't just pick up stray wanderers.

"Ah, and we should probably consider, if there are any, the clanless as well. At least they'll be accustomed to the unlife and it's ways, just have to ensure they'll follow the Masquerade, mostly, and adapt to the ways." He stretched his hands slightly, watching her intently. "And hopefully, be less problematic adapting to things."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 am
She nodded. "There have been many clanless wandering the nights, of late. I heard that Caine himself was unhappy with how many, and trying to push the clans to bring them into the fold." They might indeed be somewhat easier to add to the clan, and wouldn't need the babysitting of the newly turned.

"I've been trying to untangle the clan finances, which seem to have been effectively ignored for... I can't even tell how long. But from what I can tell, it might be better if whatever location we find, we use... unofficially." She made a face, at least partially directed over at the place where she had been working before Rancor entered. The clan almost certainly had money somewhere - the trick would be figuring out where, and whether it was tied up or could be used. Really, she ought not to have been surprised that the various bureaucratic work had been left undone until it had turned into such a mess. But what she had originally thought would take a day or two - familiarizing herself with Brujah organization and records, as well as important financial matters - had instead turned into a massive project, that she was going to pass off to someone else as soon as she could find someone else to pass it off to.

She really needed to find her siblings, or really any other Brujah. If they were still around at all.

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:07 am
He laughed a laugh that seemed less cold then he seemed capable a moment. Yes, the proper part of clan runnings - keeping up on things and ensuring a good front is kept and means and needs are met. After all, some things simply don't get handed to you. "Understandable, and definitely necessary. As for official or not, I am sure there's somewhere useful someone won't have an issue letting us use, even if they have to be... persuaded." He smirked, his tail flicking behind him. By word or force, he was sure it could be arranged if needed if there was nowhere uninhabited and large they could 'borrow' for a little while.

"The clan has, in nights past, run mostly smooth, although there were always the tangles when mass destruction accidentally tread upon clans not intended." He laughed coldly. "Unfortunately, angering some is not the best move... there was that time we almost screwed up the Sewer Rats once, that would have ended badly for us. We needed them on our good side at the time." He shrugged, seeming to dismiss the thought. "I may recall some of it, at least some of the ... older things. Anything acquired really recently I wouldn't know much about, but anything about here, definitely. I probably know about some other things as well, if you need information. I can't claim complete knowledge, as I didn't strictly handle the current stuff, but I had done it nights way back before I slept." Before generations had passed, and time had seemed to slip by...

He eyed around and finally spotted a chair that didn't look too beat up and sturdy enough to hold his frame. Given the frequency of brawls between clanmambers at times, it was hard to find good furniture that hadn't been repaired a few times and questionably sturdy. He walked over and snagged it, moving it to a spot near where she had been and gestured. "We should probably at least sit awhile," he said, taking a seat. "At least, I will, considering I've been making my way back for awhile now, and could use a moment off my feet." He chuckled quietly. "I doubt the finances are everything you've been doing, it's not like a Brujah to get that snarled up in things and not do something more... constructive with their time, even if the clan needs it."

He looked at her intently. "Mind, I, personally, do appreciate you stepping up and actually dealing with it, whether you enjoyed it or not. Necessities are as they are." And it was truth. Someone had at least had a mind to keep up on things, and make the best effort to get the clan moving. She hadn't been made Elder otherwise for disinterest in the clan's well-being. That, and one got more with honey than vinegar.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 am
She nodded. "Yes. Actually... I can think of a few appropriate places, if they're still available for use. Possibly even if they aren't." She grinned, fangs showing - even if they'd been abandoned, that shouldn't bother the types of faes they were trying to attract.

She was more than a little surprised by his offer to help, as well as the fact that he had been involved in handling such affairs, before. She reclaimed her previous chair, and shuffled briefly through the scattered papers, searching for the older ones, that might be from before he fell into torpor. Admittedly, the recent ones were what she was having the most trouble deciphering, where they existed at all, but probably better to start with where she knew he would be most use. While he was willing to help.

"I didn't exactly intend to spend this much time on it," she growled in response to his comment. "If there was anyone else I could foist it off on, I would do so." She shook her head. "And no, it is not quite all I have been doing. There is a new Ventrue Prince, who has been trying to organize the clans. She has been asking for representatives of each clan for her primogen, and although I haven't done anything on that front, I did meet her the other night. The werewolves, and these new Druids and Bards, have been encroaching on Cainite territory, and then there are the vampires from across the sea... The Prince had gotten onto the wrong side of a tangle with one of the weres, and I managed to fight him off before he could do her any real harm."

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:49 am
He listened intently, taking it in. Vampires from... elsewhere? Somehow, he felt like he should know more there, but it was eluding him. But it definitely seemed like unwanted visitors. And likely ones who wanted in on the territory they had. Unpleasant business. It wasn't like between the non-sect and the Sabbat there weren't enough running around they needed more wildcards. And the wolves, well, those were a known problem.

And a new Prince. While not exactly the most shocking news - Princes came and went often enough even for the younger vampires, it was something to keep in mind. And that she'd been in contact with her, at that. And aided. That could be a good thing, hopefully. Mostly it would depend on the head on the shoulders of that Prince. Ventrue as they were, were always the worst sort at times to deal with then things needed done. And it was against the anarchist way at times, but the Camarilla needed it. And, well, there would be no need for 'change' if there were nothing there. It was all necessity. And aside, a person could be changed.

The Druids and Bards news... that was also new. But the world was an ever-changing place. "As if we didn't have enough trouble with Holykats and Werewolves, we needed more problems against us in the form of Druids and Bards." Bards didn't seem quite so threatening, but there was also the chance there was far more to them then he knew. Mistaking one's enemy was often the first fatal step to a permanent grave. "And a new Prince... I know there have been several before, since I first stirred," he said, frowning slightly. "What are your thoughts on this one? Sensible at least, I hope. And hopefully not overbearing." He shook his head. "Some go power mad and think we need rules for everything, including blinking or some such nonsense. Not that it isn't fun to rankle those types with a call for change, but... I'd hope in these seemingly troubled times we have one who is pulling things together without aggravating everyone."

He poked a rather aged sheet of paper and pulled it to look at better. "Ah, hmm..." He scrutinized it a bit. "Yes, this has transferred hands a few times, but... looks like it's vacant, which is good. I'll have to look into the place. As I recall, we might have something useful stashed there. We only let it out to trusted mortals anyway." He shrugged slightly. "Not that they ever knew our true nature, they just knew we liked things a certain way and were very vocal. Might help some of our issues." He shrugged slightly. "I assume the Prince wanted you on the primogen?"  
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff