I'M FEELING THE LOVE, GIRLS. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm
As a result of a cross being erected at Ground Zero, Atheists filed a suit to have it removed citing the many different religions and beliefs of those unfortunates who perished on 9/11/2001.

According to the lawsuit, among the 2,792 people killed in the twin towers, 31 were Muslim Americans, approximately 400 to 500 were Jewish Americans, approximately 500 were non-religious Americans, and an unknown number were Americans of other faiths. (So, about half of the people who died were not Christian.)

The Christians, however, are outraged by this action and, following the piece that was aired on FOX, posted thousands of comments on the Fox Facebook Page. The range and malevolence of these God loving, Jesus jumping Christians is astonishing. Read them for yourself and let us know what you think about these kind and gentle church goers.

The list below, assembled by One Man’s Blog, represents just some of the comments directed at Atheists that were captured before the content on Fox’s FaceBook page was deleted. Each commentator’s name is linked to their Facebook profile if it can be found, along with the quote attributed to that person.

**I haven't posted the links for privacy of the posters, but if you want a link, Google's a great tool.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE LIKE THIS, AND THE PEOPLE WHO POSTED COMMENTS LIKE THIS DON'T REFLECT WHAT ALL CHRISTIANS FEEL.

User Image

OP  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm
I honestly don't think they have the right to say that Atheists need to die and that they'll kill them. They are trying to show equality to ALL the religions of the people who died in 9-11 but to me, the Christians who are being like that seem to have a superiority complex to other religions.  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm
This is one of the myriad reasons why I no longer call myself a Christian (yes, Catholicism is Christianity; remember, the Catholic Church is the oldest denomination of them all). Too many people use religion as an excuse for their small-mindedness and bigotry.

Why not erect a non-denominational Eternal Flame sort of memorial for everyone?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:32 pm
Gigi Deveraux
This is one of the myriad reasons why I no longer call myself a Christian (yes, Catholicism is Christianity; remember, the Catholic Church is the oldest denomination of them all). Too many people use religion as an excuse for their small-mindedness and bigotry.

Why not erect a non-denominational Eternal Flame sort of memorial for everyone?

That's a pretty nice idea!  

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:41 pm
Banshee Cupcake
I honestly don't think they have the right to say that Atheists need to die and that they'll kill them. They are trying to show equality to ALL the religions of the people who died in 9-11 but to me, the Christians who are being like that seem to have a superiority complex to other religions.
I don't think anyone has the right to say crap like that- it's sad, really, and it kind of makes people lose respect for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm
Dancehall Hysteria
Banshee Cupcake
I don't think anyone has the right to say crap like that- it's sad, really, and it kind of makes people lose respect for you.
Honestly people dissapoint me sometimes. Sometimes makes me ashamed to call myself human.  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:15 pm
Banshee Cupcake
Dancehall Hysteria
Banshee Cupcake
Honestly people dissapoint me sometimes. Sometimes makes me ashamed to call myself human.
Definitely. I want to switch bodies with my cat a lot of the time whenever stuff like this pops up.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:50 am
And this is why I hate religion - It gets into people's heads and they become so close-minded. Religion doesn't help anyone, it just hurts those who disagree with them.  

The Soul Dew Guardian

Timid Loiterer

Dirty Computer

Misfit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:59 am
It's reasons like that why i don't try to shove the belief of god down people's throats. probably why i hate it when people try to shove it down my throat as well. everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:43 pm
I'm a good Catholic. c:
Frankly, I would have put up the cross too. I don't really see it as a Catholic emblem...mostly a symbol of divinity and holiness and happy days.
But then you know, some people don't see it as that.
So maybe the cross should be took down.

What was the cross doing up there in the first place?

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:31 pm
unfortunately most people see christianity as the nationally recognized religion so the cross may stay up but HOPEFULLY something that doesn't associate with any religion can go up instead. and crap like this, the few people that DO think this kind of bull and say it, are why so many people hate christians. honestly, i'm pagan, i have no problem with the people of christian faith, i have friends that are mormon and catholic and have gone to church their whole lives and absolutely love them. but people that say things like this make me feel physically sick, ESPECIALLY since my younger brother is athiest. really this sort of thing is just disgusting, saying people should die just because they don't have the same faith as you....i need a distraction now  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:08 pm
That's not very "Christian" of them.  

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:43 pm
Radiant Mercy
I'm a good Catholic. c:
Frankly, I would have put up the cross too. I don't really see it as a Catholic emblem...mostly a symbol of divinity and holiness and happy days.
But then you know, some people don't see it as that.
So maybe the cross should be took down.

What was the cross doing up there in the first place?

some memorial thing? i dunno, it was something about rembering the victims. i couldn't find much on it.
and well, the cross is a religious symbol, so it was bound to become offensive. .-.
and i think gigi posted something about putting up a non-denominational eternal flame? that would be a good idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 pm
StrayKit
unfortunately most people see christianity as the nationally recognized religion so the cross may stay up but HOPEFULLY something that doesn't associate with any religion can go up instead. and crap like this, the few people that DO think this kind of bull and say it, are why so many people hate christians. honestly, i'm pagan, i have no problem with the people of christian faith, i have friends that are mormon and catholic and have gone to church their whole lives and absolutely love them. but people that say things like this make me feel physically sick, ESPECIALLY since my younger brother is athiest. really this sort of thing is just disgusting, saying people should die just because they don't have the same faith as you....i need a distraction now

same here.
and i'm sort of atheist? i guess you could call it a variation- i'm agnostic atheist.
and yeah, it definitely made me sick to my stomach, too.  

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:45 pm
Marnomy
That's not very "Christian" of them.

unfortunately.
and apparently one of them posted something like "christianity is the official religion of the u.s. and if you don't like it then get out!"
ha, no.
we have separation of church and state.  
08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas