Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Can Music Impact A Change In The World? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:36 am
I am a lead vocalist in a punk/rap rock band and I make music about don't do drugs and party like a better person. But I also write about serious things like how people laugh when somebody commits suicide where I am from and if somebody is gay, then it is like the civil rights era for gays over here. I am a Christian and believe that love is love and it should be shared no matter what you are. I listen to all kinds of bands that allow that stuff. The Ramones, The Misfits, and not to sound old, but maybe even Bob Dylan did too. SO if u want, tell me what music u like and if you know anybody that promotes songs against haters of gays or encourages people not to be ashamed of being gay, then let me know. Peace  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 am
I like all sorts of music personally. Being a Belly Dancer, I listen to music from all over the world. I think people can change the world or at least help one person and that person may help others down the line, etc....

I like Rock, New Wave, Jrock, Alternative, Punk, some pop. The only stuff I don't care much is Country and Rap.

Besides Lady Gaga, I don't know who supports LGBT rights or not as usually that isn't a subject that comes up, but I sure there are more people than we think that do. smile I could always check some of the music out later to see.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
I like all sorts of music personally. Being a Belly Dancer, I listen to music from all over the world. I think people can change the world or at least help one person and that person may help others down the line, etc....

I like Rock, New Wave, Jrock, Alternative, Punk, some pop. The only stuff I don't care much is Country and Rap.

Besides Lady Gaga, I don't know who supports LGBT rights or not as usually that isn't a subject that comes up, but I sure there are more people than we think that do. smile I could always check some of the music out later to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4clbHc4Xg

This song isn't just a suicide prevention song, it's also about being yourself. Check it out and support Rise Against.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 am
Alana The Tough One
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

This song isn't just a suicide prevention song, it's also about being yourself. Check it out and support Rise Against.

I think I heard that song before. A pretty good song with a good message, to bring awareness to some serious problems.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Alana The Tough One
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

I think I heard that song before. A pretty good song with a good message, to bring awareness to some serious problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUVp0RRPWDE

Here's my punk style of vocals. and my fav band.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am
Alana The Tough One
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Alana The Tough One
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUVp0RRPWDE

Here's my punk style of vocals. and my fav band.

That's awesome! Personally I am a fan of The Clash.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 pm
I think music truly can change peoples views on things, opinions, and ways of life. I mean look at how the world is now, and look at how music is.

What kinds of music I like? I like an odd amount of variety, I love rock as My Darkest Days, but then I love any foreign Asian sort of music, from classical asian music, to k-pop such as BIGBANG and Super Junior. Then I love classical piano music such as Mozart and Bach, then I love parody music like things by Toby Turner and Smosh. It's strange but that's the kind of music I like! xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 pm
Music manipulates your brain chemistry; which means it can change thoughts and emotions. Music is a wonderful thing. I listen to classical to rap and everything in between as long as the lyrics aren't terribly violent or bashing. Then again the most violent song I have ever heard is classical. Mars the Bringer of War by Holst  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 am
I like anything that rocks, classical music, and jazz. Anything but pop (Exception: Pink and a couple of Lady Gaga songs, and Adele) and rap that I find distasteful. (I like the Gorillaz, The Beastie Boys, and The Black Eyed Peas for example.)

My favorite band is My Chemical Romance. They show a lot of support for my generation.

Two of the band members are on the LGBT spectrum. Gerard Way is bisexual and Frank Leero is gay. There are rumors that they dated and there's this whole Frerard fandom (which I think is kind of stupid now since Gerard Way is happily married to a woman and has a daughter) They make jokes about that in a nice way, they think it's funny. They don't have any songs about gay rights as far as I know but they have music on anti violence, general teenaged struggles (and more bullying here), anti-drug, and abuse.

Shinedown also joined the fight against bullying. I love these guys.

I think music can make an impact. Music was an important anti-war tool during the Vietnam war. And hey, Lady Gaga gave LGBT teens an anthem. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 pm
Belethiel
I like anything that rocks, classical music, and jazz. Anything but pop (Exception: Pink and a couple of Lady Gaga songs, and Adele) and rap that I find distasteful. (I like the Gorillaz, The Beastie Boys, and The Black Eyed Peas for example.)

My favorite band is My Chemical Romance. They show a lot of support for my generation.

Two of the band members are on the LGBT spectrum. Gerard Way is bisexual and Frank Leero is gay. There are rumors that they dated and there's this whole Frerard fandom (which I think is kind of stupid now since Gerard Way is happily married to a woman and has a daughter) They make jokes about that in a nice way, they think it's funny. They don't have any songs about gay rights as far as I know but they have music on anti violence, general teenaged struggles (and more bullying here), anti-drug, and abuse.

I think music can make an impact. Music was an important anti-war tool during the Vietnam war. And hey, Lady Gaga gave LGBT teens an anthem. ^_^

Ooh, I liked some of the music that you picked. I also like the song Sing.

My dad played the song Bully for me a weeks ago, he always seem to find all these songs and information.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel

My dad played the song Bully for me a weeks ago, he always seem to find all these songs and information.

Oh, the whole freaking Danger Days album was brilliant, in my opinion. xD I want to buy it, I listen to it on youtube.

Cool. Like, literally played for you?

Crap, I forgot to put It Ain't a Fashion Statement, It's a Death Wish... I only heard it once, and I don't know if it's an anti-bully song or what. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm
I know Patent Pending did a song about suicide and how you should hold on. As a musician, I can definitely say that music can really help people out.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel

Oh, the whole freaking Danger Days album was brilliant, in my opinion. xD I want to buy it, I listen to it on youtube.

Crap, I forgot to put It Ain't a Fashion Statement, It's a Death Wish... I only heard it once, and I don't know if it's an anti-bully song or what. >.>

I need to hear more songs from them. ^^

LOL no, I meant online (iTunes or something). He was telling me about that song.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel

I need to hear more songs from them. ^^

LOL no, I meant online (iTunes or something). He was telling me about that song.

Yep. I like everything from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge and The Black Parade as well. Their music videos are pretty awesome, Gerard Way directs all of them. He's quite the artist, too. I look at that guy and go, "What an epic individual." *rambles about how awesome he is*

Ah. Still awesome. xD  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:00 pm
Belethiel
Two of the band members are on the LGBT spectrum. Gerard Way is bisexual and Frank Leero is gay.

If he's gay, someone should tell his wife.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff