Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Labels - Please Respond no Matter the Sexuality Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harmony8910

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 am
My mother says that when my hair is in its natural form, which is course and kinky, I look like a butch, which irritates me. Number one: I'm not a butch, but I don't think I'm what people call a "lipstick lesbian" either, even though I wear makeup and dresses. Number two: I hate being labeled, it is annoying and rude. My question is: Have you been labeled as a "butch" or "lipstick" lesbian (or any other label)? And if you're gay, have you been labeled too? If you're transgender or a cross-dresser, does the term "drag queen" or "drag king" irk you? Do you hate labeling as much as I do?
*Add On*
But everyone, how do you ignore something like that? Maybe I'm just more sensitive than you guys are. For those of you who don't care, you don't find it the least bit annoying because someone judged you on your appearance? And for those who don't like labels, would you care if the person labeling you were from the gay community?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 am
Yes, drag-king bothers me alot, OR butch/lesbian, too. I do hate labels...  

Pompette

meligoth666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm
Labels are here to stay for better or for worse so jack up that patience meter because we are surrounded by humans eek . For as much as we are learning about ourselves, educating others is part of the deal if you want to make your world tolerable.

Although it is odd that my friends consider me when I am in my genetically born gender as drag.

Humans are a bunch or weirdos.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:42 pm
I've honestly been labeled all my life, but never in regards to my sexuality. I got labels like "weird", "loser", "p***y", "f*****t" (even though I'm not gay), and a bunch of other hurtful ones growing up. All from bullies. I don't like being labeled, especially if those labels are hurtful, but I think some labels are positive. Like how I call myself a nerd. I'm nerdy so to me it's kinda cool.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Lime Kiss

Versatile Lover

4,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 pm
You know, when I was younger, it bugged me. I didn't like being called queer or a f** or whatever, but now I actually like all of those names. I'm proud to be a f** and if people mislabel me, that's their issue, not mine. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 pm
Labels are for clothes, not for people. I don't let it bother me.  

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm
Eh, I personally don't care what people want to call me. I've been labeled before in a derogatory way by ignorant people and
even labeled by people who say they don't want to be labeled. o;

Just because people THINK they know me doesn't mean they do.
Just because society says I HAVE to have a sexuality doesn't mean I do.

I know what/who I am and I consider the people who need to label me
jealous that they don't know me well. c;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm
Prince Ikari
I've honestly been labeled all my life, but never in regards to my sexuality...Like how I call myself a nerd. I'm nerdy so to me it's kinda cool.

Yeah! I'm nerdy too! Go Nerds!
But everyone, how do you ignore something like that? Maybe I'm just more sensitive than you guys are. For those of you who don't care, you don't find it the least bit annoying because someone judged you on your appearance? And for those who don't like labels, would you care if the person labeling you were from the gay community?  

Harmony8910

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:27 pm
Harmony8910
Prince Ikari
I've honestly been labeled all my life, but never in regards to my sexuality...Like how I call myself a nerd. I'm nerdy so to me it's kinda cool.

Yeah! I'm nerdy too! Go Nerds!

YAY! Nerds!
Honestly, it's just not letting it get to you is all. Not letting others define us. Only we know who we truly are. I mean it's annoying and depending on what the other person says, it can be a bit hurtful, and I know because I was attacked in regards to my appearance a lot, and it destroyed my self-esteem. But my self-esteem is higher now that I'm not in high school anymore. And truthfully, I wouldn't be bothered if someone from the gay community labeled me. I'm not gay, so if someone of the same sex wants to label me as such, well that means people of both sexes must like me then lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 pm
labels do hurt but still i am afraid that my label is "freak" eople don't call me a f** or a queer they just say i'm gay and that is that. still i know how those names hurt but i have to rein in my temper or they just might catch on fire smile as funny as that might be i can't allow it ti happen becuase i would be charged with it in someway so yeah labels hurt but thats all they are is labels.  

Elementalists

Loyal Werewolf

3,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kaori Amatsuka

Sugary Bunny

14,175 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:47 pm
Honestly, I've never been 'labelled', well apart from effectively being called a freak by my sister because being transgender is 'unnatural' to her. It's doesn't bother me though, someone calls me a shemale I just shrug, it's pretty much true after all and the 'label' doesn't bother me. I learned from a young age to just ignore any unkind or harsh words directed at me, to not allow verbal insults and the like to bother me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:09 pm
I've been labeled before but it never really bothers me. It only touched a nerve once and that's only because I felt like I was letting someone down. But that's it  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Rainbow Overkill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 pm
I do not know whether I was then a girl dreaming I was a butterfly...

User Image
I have always been labeled, for one thing or another. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, so I get called fatty, piggy, ugly.. and I also get labeled because I am autistic and can't relate well to others, miss social cues and act like I am a child so I am called slow and a retard.
Ironically enough, nobody has ever put a label on me for being a girl who likes girls.
So yes, labels upset me intensely. Maybe I am not mature enough yet to understand that most of the world is mean.
User Image
or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a girl.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 pm
User Image
When I was younger I was taught, probably without
realizing it partially, to be closed minded through the
way my mother was and the religion I used to belong to.

I have been called:

1: An outcast:
    I used to live in an area where everyone was related
    to everyone except for me.

2: Fat:
    I've struggled with weight since I was little because my parents
    gave me adult portions such as a whole pizza+ ice cream when I was 8.
    Plus, my family was very dysfunctional with our parents always 'somewhere',
    but not home. When they were they would be fighting, even if it was just my mom she'd always find something to yell at one of us for. I ate for comfort, and now when I get really low, I don't eat at all which makes my body store.

3: Spoiled:
    Okay, they say the youngest gets more. Not true, I got the same
    amount of guck from out mother, just when the others were actually in school they didn't see it. Plus, 2 and sometimes all 3 of my older siblings would push me to tears almost everyday. My brother was the worse followed by my middle sister who idolized him.

4: Sick/Emo:
    Not long after being forced to tell my father to leave, and then found out the next year that I was going to be alone with my mother as she was moving me away from my dad, siblings who were all out of the house and my friends, I lost it. I didn't want to live, I hated my life, and I loathed myself for being a screw up, fatty, not talented or super smart like my siblings. However, because of my dog I ended up not committing suicide but getting addicted to cutting. I was threatened to be locked away in a hospital more than once when my mother found out. I fight it, but sometimes when life goes to hell it's really hard to not go back.

5: Trailer trash:
    When I am home, I like to be in comfy clothes. Summer time, sleeveless feels so much better. But according to my mother back then, that made me look like trailer trash. And because I didn't always clean up after her all the time, I was sloppy and whatnot.

6: Potential terrorist:
    When I started college, German was filled up because I registered late. So I took another language that I think is beautiful. However, some people at work said they'd watch me closely and if I started talking about "Allah" they'd take me down. I was studying Arabic. It is a wonderful language, and the hardest I have yet encountered because of the throat sounds. Which when I have more time is kind of appealing.
    Also they think this and #7 because I don't see Muslims as evil like many of those I've grown around. Many it seems think Muslims = terrorists/murderers/rapists.
    People also don't seem to realize that Allah = God = The Great Mystery = whatever else people call a central being of energy/belief/god/so on.

7: Godless/Witch/Evil:
    I don't have a religion. I find most of them to have a lot of flaws
    and hypocrites. I was never welcomed in them because of my weight, my ideas, and my last name oddly enough. The ones I've considered looking more into is Wicca. People think Wicca, they think witch, and they think evil satanist. Same with Pagans. Most of them don't even know the first thing about either. The other is Buddhism. But because I don't belong in their tiny little spectrum, I'm obviously evil.

Now, most people don't know that I'm bisexual because it is none of their business.
If they don't like me after they find out even if they did before, I've lost nothing.

I've been called other things, but have sense forgotten because
it wasn't important.

Oh, and I'm very sensitive too, but I've been learning.
I have found that the reactions of those who slander when I just smile
at them and walk away is absolutely wonderful.
User Image

Ceeshnia

Omnipresent Phantom

Ceeshnia

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:39 pm
User Image
Rainbow Overkill

You are amazing.
You kind of remind me a girl I knew named Angie
who had some of the same problems, though
I don't think she was homosexual, her mother
and religion wouldn't allow it even if she were.
She was one of THE sweetest people I have
ever known.

Rock on girl, the whole world isn't mean, just
the unimportant people wink
User Image

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items