Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Flexamorous~ Just checking what it means!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dasher Anne

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 pm
I just took this test, and it said I was most likely flexamorous. The definition it gave me of the word exactly describes how I feel, but I'm just wondering of that's really what it means? I know there's no exact definition, but I've been looking around a little and can't find anything to compare this to.

The definition it gave me is:
Quote:
You are flexamorous if you are capable of having romantic relationships with both men and women. In contrast to those who are ambisexual, you do not necessarily view your sexual desires as equally strong in both directions. You view each relationship, whether with a man or a woman, on its own terms. You do not define yourself by the gender of your partner, even to the extent of asserting an equal interest in both. You fall in love for a variety of reasons, and sexual excitement is not the defining condition. You are sexually compatible with both men and women, but the sexual component in your relationships may have more to do with physical comfort and affection rather than intense sexual desire.

Flexamorous sexuality is a more common presentation among women than men. Many women who do not define themselves assertively as bisexual nevertheless consider themselves capable of falling in love with both men and women. Perhaps this reflects a cultural expectation that men are primarily interested in sex and women in relationships. In either case, for men or women, this category places greater value on falling in love with an individual, regardless of his or her gender.

This category also captures men and women who may have never questioned their sexuality, and who continue to have sexual desires for the opposite sex, but who have found themselves unexpectedly in love with someone of the same sex.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm
I think it just means you might be primarily gay or straight but there could be a few exceptions depending on the person (hence a bit flexible when it comes to love, attraction, etc...). I don't know if that is right or not, but that's how I saw it.

I took the test and it said I was ambisexual but I think I am more asexual/Demisexul panromantic (as for gender identity, I am leaning more the gender fluid/androgyny due to have both female and male traits, behavior and expression). Test can't tell you everything, but still fun.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff