Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Student Profiles
Student Basics and Information (Must Read)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 pm
So you wanna be a Student? Well, here are a few things to know about being a Student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

1) Read the Guild Rules. You need to do so before you can make a character in the guild.

2) Make your character.
+ Restricted Names
+ Existing Wizarding Families (Check here to see if someone is using the last name you wish to use. If they are and you still wish to use it, contact that person. You should consider adding on to an already existing family, especially if our current accepting status of new families is closed. If you are adding to an existing family, please PM that member to ask if it is all right to do so.)
+ Acceptable Wand Woods and Cores List
+ Accepted Pets List
+ Face-Claim List
+ More-Than-Average List (A More-Than-Average Student is a student with more than average attributes and, sometimes, properties of a Magical Creature, but attends Hogwarts all the same. For more information on the difference between MTA and MC, you should read here. Also note that you must have been in the guild actively for a guild year before you can request an MTA. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE MORE-THAN-AVERAGE!)
+ Profile Skeleton
+ Also, see here for information as to why all new members must make a first year.

3) Wait for a crew member to review your profile.
+ Title of Thread. Different titles mean different things.
+ If you wait three days and it has yet to be approved, please contact the Student Profiles Manager.
+ Be sure to contact Student Profile Checkers with any questions you might have
+ Important note: Do not put yourself "Pending". Do not remove crew comment. Do not remove crew signature at the bottom of your profile once it has been pended/accepted. If you do any of the above three actions, a profile warning will be issued.

4) Go get sorted.
+ When sorting opens, we will send announcements for where you need to be and when.
+ When the Sorting Hat has opened and you have been linked to it through Announcements from our Announcer, post your character's personality.
+ Do not PM the Sorter; they will get to your character eventually. Please be patient and wait.
+ When you have been sorted, go back to your character thread and change your house to what the Sorting Hat assigned you.
+ Do not change the Title of your Thread to say "Accepted". You will receive a warning if you do.
+ Wait until a crew member changes the Title of your Thread to "Accepted".

5) After being "Accepted" by a crew member, add a List of Knowledge to your profile as a separate post.
+ This is how you will keep track of all the topics your character has to learn.

6) Attend class.
+ Your classes are updated on Sunday.
+ You can only attend core classes, and must learn at least two topics per class.
+ You may post in the classes whenever you want.
+ After your first year, you begin to get the option of choosing different electives, see here for a list of electives and when you can take them..

So there you go! That's the basic info you need to know on making a Student at Hogwarts!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:53 pm
Waiting to Become an Official Student at Hogwarts?

While waiting for sorting to start, there’s a few things you can do. Here’s a list:
+ Check out the Room of Requirement and read up on some of the guides we have.
+ Post your student at Hogsmeade, but you must also have your student’s parental figures there as well.
+ Make a profile in Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World Guild and roleplay there.
+ Post in the Guild Chatterbox.
+ Get your roleplaying skill up to par in the Roleplaying Assistance Thread

Good luck, and we are glad to have you at Hogwarts!

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 am
Below you'll find a couple of skeletons we provide for your use. The first is our basic profile skeleton, the second is a more in depth one if you like to dig a little deeper when writing your profiles. You're free to use either of these. There are also a good many members who have coded their own skeletons, and you are welcome to contact them if you see one you'd like to use.

You are also free to code your own, if you're interested in doing so. We're pretty strict about what information goes in the profile, at least as far as the bare minimum goes. The basic skeleton below includes all the necessary sections you'll need to include. Beyond that, you can add as much extra information as you like. We do ask that you try to keep the information organized and easy to navigate, and that your skeleton is easy to read. Avoid using excessively small or large text, and if you like to use color codes, avoid anything too neon or too pale.

Make sure you follow all the instructions in the parenthesis while you're putting your skeleton together and include all the information we ask for. Just like if you make your own skeleton, you're free to add sections as you see fit, though you cannot remove any of the ones already included. Remove the parenthesis and everything in between them when you're done, please.

The Crew holds the right to accept or deny anybody. Please make sure you follow the rules when applying.

Post the profile as your own thread in the Student Profiles with your character's name as the title. If you are still working on it, please include 'U/C' in the title to let us know it's not ready. Once it's complete and you want it looked over, chance the 'U/C' to 'NCR'.

Do not bump your thread.

[b]Hi, my name is[/b] (Name)

[b]But I mostly go by[/b] (If you have a nickname, put it here. Otherwise, remove this option)

[b]I'm a[/b] (female? male?)

[b]I'm[/b] (Age; first years must be 11-years-old) [b]years old.[/b]

[b]My birthday is[/b] (you can make this up! We have a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnYnRnt84m7PdFVha0pUYzNBRnR2d0lfQzAwREJ0OWc]list[/url] that you can go in and add your character to. It's optional)

[b]My dream job is[/b] (what does your person want to do? Even if you have a job right now, does your character want to do something else?)

[b] My blood status is[/b] (Pure blood? Muggle? etc.)

[b]This is my[/b] (What year are you? If you're new, you must be a First Year) [b]year here at Hogwarts.[/b]

[b]I'm a member of[/b] (Once you are sorted, update this section with the house you are sorted into. Do not sort yourself.) [b]house.[/b]

[b]I'm interested in[/b] (girls, guys, both?)

[b]I'm currently with[/b] (who are you with? If no one, say so. If you are with someone in the guild, link their profile like so: [url=their profile]Their Name[/url])

[b]People can describe me as[/b] (Personality. Please make this at least a good-sized paragraph at least 4-5 sentences long. We would like to see what your character is like)

[b]My background story is[/b] (Bio about your character. Please make this at least a good-sized paragraph to show what your character's life has been until now. Show me you can actually write)

[b]I enjoy[/b] (At least five things your character likes. Hobbies, favorite classes, etc.)

[b]I despise[/b] (At least five things your character hates.)

[b]I'm afraid of[/b] (At least one thing that your character is afraid of. No exceptions.)

[b]My strengths are[/b] (what is your character good at? Needs to be a max of 2; make sure they do not clash with flaws)

[b]My flaws are[/b] (what is your character bad at? Needs to be a max of 2; make sure they do not clash with strengths)

[b]I look like[/b] (describe or link your picture. Do not post pictures, please. Simply link them as such: [url=your picture's url here]this[/url]. If you are using a celebrity face, make sure to say whose in your profile, and then request it!)

[b]My wand is a[/b] (length), (wood), with (core)

[b]My pet is a[/b] (what kind of pet do you have?)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here you about your character that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

[align=right][b]Pended By:[/b] [size=10](Do not touch this)[/size]
[b]Accepted By:[/b] [size=10](Do not touch this)[/size]
[b]Recent Updates Accepted By:[/b] [size=10](Do not touch this)[/size][/align]

If your fifth year student is made prefect, please swap the "I'm a member of" section for the following:
[b]I'm a prefect for[/b] (house) [b]house.[/b]

If your seventh year student is made Head Boy or Girl, please swap the "I'm a member of" section for the following:
If they are also a prefect:
[b]I'm Head Boy/Girl and a prefect for[/b] (house) [b]house.[/b]

If they are not a prefect:
[b]I'm Head Boy/Girl and a member of[/b] (house) [b]house.[/b]

For fifth years, please add the below to your profiles.
[b]My O.W.L. Scores Are:[/b]
(Add each class your character took an OWL for and the score they received.)

For seventh years, please add the below to your profiles.
[b]My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:[/b]
(Add each class your character took a NEWT for and the score they received.)

OPTIONAL: If your student plays for their quidditch team or is involved in any clubs, please consider including that information in your profile! Years involved and honors (such as team or club captain) are especially nice as it helps the mods keep track of who's doing what, which can be useful information to have later on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:20 pm
If you wish a more in-depth look at your character, there is another profile format you can use if you don't want to make your own. Please do not delete the portions that state 'do not touch this'. This is for the crew to make alterations to, and is required in profiles to have. All credit goes to Cara MiaKitty for the format.

The code for the profile can be found underneath the spoiler tag.

xxFIRST NAMExxxMIDDLE NAMExxxLAST NAMExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES (What people call your character)

GENDER (Male/Female/Other)

FACECLAIM (Your character's faceclaim; make sure it is available by checking the Faceclaim List)

AGE (How old is your character)

BIRTHDAY (Month/Day/Year)

BLOOD STATUS (Pureblood -or- Halfblood -or- Muggleborn)

SEXUAL ORIENTATION (Straight/Bisexual/Gay/Other)

WAND (Length/Wood/Core)

MORE-THAN-AVERAGE (Does your character have a MTA? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.)

PET (Does your character have a pet? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.)

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

YEAR (First-Seventh)

HOUSE (Gryffindor -or- Hufflepuff -or- Ravenclaw -or- Slytherin)

DREAM JOB (What career does your character want?)

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) (Description of trait as it applies to your character)
TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) (Description of trait as it applies to your character)

■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)

DISLIKES
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)

STRENGTHS
■ (strength)
■ (strength)

WEAKNESSES
■ (weakness)
■ (weakness)

FEARS
■ (fear)

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD (Your character's life before they attended school)

SCHOOL YEARS
FIRST YEAR (what happened your character's first year of school; this section will be added in after their first year is completed)
SECOND YEAR (what happened your character's second year of school; this section will be added in after their second year is completed)
THIRD YEAR (what happened your character's third year of school; this section will be added in after their third year is completed)
FOURTH YEAR (what happened your character's fourth year of school; this section will be added in after their fourth year is completed)
FIFTH YEAR (what happened your character's fifth year of school; this section will be added in after their fifth year is completed)
SIXTH YEAR (what happened your character's sixth year of school; this section will be added in after their sixth year is completed)
SEVENTH YEAR (what happened your character's seventh year of school; this section will be added in after their seventh year is completed)

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED (date of most recent update)

UPDATES MADE
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)

PENDED BY (do not touch this)
ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)

[size=20][u][color=white]x[/color]▧[color=white]x[/color][b]FIRST NAME[/b][color=white]xxx[/color][i]MIDDLE NAME[/i][color=white]xxx[/color][b]LAST NAME[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]BASICS[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]NICKNAMES[/b] [size=11] (What people call your character) [/size]

[b]GENDER[/b] [size=11] (Male/Female/Other)[/size]

[b]FACECLAIM[/b] [size=11] (Your character's faceclaim; make sure it is available by checking the Faceclaim List) [/size]

[b]AGE[/b] [size=11] (How old is your character) [/size]

[b]BIRTHDAY[/b] [size=11] (Month/Day/Year) [/size]

[b]BLOOD STATUS[/b] [size=11] (Pureblood -or- Halfblood -or- Muggleborn) [/size]

[b]SEXUAL ORIENTATION[/b] [size=11] (Straight/Bisexual/Gay/Other) [/size]

[b]WAND[/b] [size=11] (Length/Wood/Core) [/size]

[b]MORE-THAN-AVERAGE[/b] [size=11] (Does your character have a MTA? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.) [/size]

[b]PET[/b] [size=11] (Does your character have a pet? If so, list it here. If not, delete this line.) [/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]SCHOOL[/b] [i]AND[/i] [b]CAREER[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]ATTENDING[/b] [size=11]Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry[/size]

[b]YEAR[/b] [size=11] (First-Seventh) [/size]

[b]HOUSE[/b] [size=11] (Gryffindor -or- Hufflepuff -or- Ravenclaw -or- Slytherin) [/size]

[b]DREAM JOB[/b] [size=11] (What career does your character want?) [/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]PERSONALITY[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b] TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) [/b] [size=11] (Description of trait as it applies to your character) [/size]
[b] TRAIT (NOTE: This is the only bolded text you should edit in the skeleton, please edit it to list the personality trait) [/b] [size=11] (Description of trait as it applies to your character) [/size]

[b]LIKES[/b]
[size=11]■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like)
■ (like) [/size]

[b]DISLIKES[/b]
[size=11]■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike)
■ (dislike) [/size]

[b]STRENGTHS[/b]
[size=11]■ (strength)
■ (strength) [/size]

[b]WEAKNESSES[/b]
[size=11]■ (weakness)
■ (weakness) [/size]

[b]FEARS[/b]
[size=11]■ (fear)[/size]

[size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]BACKSTORY[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]EARLY CHILDHOOD[/b] [size=11] (Your character's life before they attended school) [/size]

[b]SCHOOL YEARS[/b]
[size=11]■ [b]FIRST YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's first year of school; this section will be added in after their first year is completed)
■ [b]SECOND YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's second year of school; this section will be added in after their second year is completed)
■ [b]THIRD YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's third year of school; this section will be added in after their third year is completed)
■ [b]FOURTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's fourth year of school; this section will be added in after their fourth year is completed)
■ [b]FIFTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's fifth year of school; this section will be added in after their fifth year is completed)
■ [b]SIXTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's sixth year of school; this section will be added in after their sixth year is completed)
■ [b]SEVENTH YEAR[/b] (what happened your character's seventh year of school; this section will be added in after their seventh year is completed) [/size]

[align=right][size=16][u][color=white]xxx[/color][b]UPDATES[/b][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size]

[b]UPDATED[/b] [size=11] (date of most recent update) [/size]

[b]UPDATES MADE[/b]
[size=11]■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)[/size]

[b]PENDED BY[/b] [size=11](do not touch this)[/size]
[b]ACCEPTED BY[/b] [size=11](do not touch this)[/size]
[b]RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY[/b] [size=11](do not touch this)[/size][/align]

If you are using this skeleton, once your student has taken their OWL exams, add this section under their house:

O.W.L. SCORES
Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~

[b]O.W.L. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

When they have taken their NEWT exams, add this section under their OWLs:

N.E.W.T. SCORES
Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~

[b]N.E.W.T. SCORES[/b]
[size=11]Astronomy ~
Charms ~
Herbology ~
History of Magic ~
Potions ~
Transfiguration ~
Elective ~ [/size]

If your character is made prefect or Head Boy/Girl, please add that information into the HOUSE section of the profile. Example: HOUSE Hufflepuff Prefect and Head Girl

OPTIONAL: If your student plays for their quidditch team or is involved in any clubs, please consider including that information in your profile! Years involved and honors (such as team or club captain) are especially nice as it helps the mods keep track of who's doing what, which can be useful information to have later on.  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Student Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers