33%  [ 5 ]
Gold!
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:54 pm
Miro decided to start a thread about this in hopes that having to post updates will make her more likely to stick to it sweatdrop She plans to be doing this at least 3 or 4 days a week. She remembers a gym teacher in high school making her do tae bo a few times and while it seems really silly and rather embarrassing, it actually did give a pretty good work out. It was many times better than anything else the teacher ever made us do.

Miro hasn't tried it yet so she doesn't know if she'll even be able to make it through the entire work out or if it'll disturb her downstairs neighbors (hopefully not sweatdrop ) She was able to get through the whole thing when she had to do it in gym class, but that was a little over a decade ago confused

But just to be clear, Miro isn't doing this because she thinks she's fat or somehow unattractive. Miro actually thinks she's in decent shape as far as looks go 3nodding She just realizes that her metabolism is starting to slow down, and after seeing her husband gradually gain 60+ pounds after his metabolism slowed down and how that's negatively affected his energy levels and respiratory system, Miro figures it would be easiest to try to stay in shape now rather than attempt getting back into shape 60 pounds from now. sweatdrop

Miro doesn't have a scale so she can't really update how much weight she looses, but she does have measuring tape 3nodding Current measurements (in inches) are 36/28.5/39. The bust measurement tends to fluctuate a lot it seems sweatdrop Miro somewhat hopes to get her waist measurement back down to 26 because she liked it best that way 3nodding and there's a cute dress she bought when she was that size that she can't fit into anymore crying But mostly she's just wanting to be in better overall health.

She currently doesn't have any plans to make changes in her diet because her diet doesn't seem overly unhealthy as it is, and she already sometimes skips a meal out of absentmindednessnessness, so she doesn't feel too many Calories is an issue right now.

Wish Miro luck and hope she doesn't kill herself with tae bo crying

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 am
Wah! That was so hard to keep up with crying Miro missed entire sets of some things because she couldn't figure out how to do it right, and she didn't bother going back to try again. sweatdrop It'll gradually get easier as she becomes more familiar with the routine 3nodding At least she remembers it happening that way in high school.

Even with missing some of the different sets, Miro still got quite a work out from it. It's been a long time since Miro has sweated so much emotion_sweatdrop The morning after, Miro mostly feels it in her thighs (more so the back of her thighs), lower back, and sides.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 am
I actually liked doing Tae Bo in school. That and that one time I did a small portion of Yoga in high school. I tried doing the tread at the cabana in my apt complex but after one of my conventions I didn't get back on the wagon. This would be a great idea but my youtube loads have been really slow lately so I would have to go with the actual video if I did that. Or find something else. Some of my co-workers are doing the Insanity work out too. That one's nuts. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:49 pm
After doing the video for a while, you'll be able to keep up better. cat_3nodding The first time is always the hardest anyway, because you don't know what's coming next. I've got a workout video that I do a couple of times a week (when I remember cat_sweatdrop ). It's getting easier to keep up, but I'm still feeling it afterwards. When I don't use the video, I try to go swim laps in the pool.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:52 am
I disliked tae bo with a passion in high school mad I swore that someday, it was going to kill me crying I even wrote a song about it at one point, but I lost it somewhere crying Miro remembers having to sit down like a pregnant lady - very slowly and carefully - due to her thighs and bum being so sore gonk

Miro's thighs are still sore today, but it's actually not as bad as it was yesterday somehow, even though she did the work out two days in a row. It was harder to keep up the second time more so due to soreness and tiredness. She still doesn't get some of the exercises either, but she got a good work out. 3nodding Her sides are more sore than any other part of her body. She started to feel it a little bit in her upper arms a few hours after the second work out, but she doesn't feel it so much anymore.

It's actually nice to know that other people use or have used exercise videos around here. It makes Miro feel a little less silly redface Miro knows there's bound to be people that use exercise videos to work out, otherwise they wouldn't be made. But Miro has never met anyone who actually used them before.... or really worked out for that matter sweatdrop , except for Tes, but Miro doesn't count him because he just does a few stretches and push-ups then calls it a day talk2hand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:15 am
TES………pft! talk2hand

Miro, I have used workout videos and I've owned a few too. Its tougher for me to do them these days at home because I have a big doggie that thinks if I get on the floor to do sit ups, then I MUST want to play. stare She won't leave me be and then she tries to lick my face!! gonk

I've thrown all my very old videos away due to changes in technology. Forced to upgrade as my husband buys new components to our entertainment system. I think his sole purpose for doing this is so he can get one more remote control I don't know how to use. stare

Lately, I've been thinking about getting a yoga video. I tried some classes recently at a studio and I liked it. But there again……doggie. stare I go to the health club we belong too and that is always nice. I also have a great book with weightlifting exercises that's real good. Lots of pictures and written very well. I do like to lift weights…… *threatens doggie with 5 pounds.* mad

I'm going to try your workout video here when I get a chance and "workout with Miro." User Image  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 am
Working out around pets does seem like it would be hard sweatdrop Good thing Miro doesn't have pets, unless you count her husband mrgreen She would feel incredibly silly working out around him, though redface He teases Miro about everything crying

The video Miro found on youtube is different from the one she did in high school, but she figured it would still be about the same, though it's become clear that this one doesn't work the thighs and bum nearly as much. She picked tae bo because it has both a warm up and cool down as part of the full work out, which is good. I wasn't sure how many other videos had that. After lurking around the fitness forum here on Gaia for a bit, it seems some apparently don't have that. There was this thing called Zumba that she was reading about, but it's said to be a full hour work out with no stretches to keep you from hurting yourself confused An hour of just working out seems too long sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:15 pm
For some people they start out small with work outs like 15 minutes or so, then as it gets easier they build up to an hour work out. I've always wanted to try Zumba I hear its really fun.

I should honestly look into a work out vid for home. Like I said I used to go to our cabana but I've been getting lazy about it. Plus I still feel a little self conscious of it when there's other tenants using it. sweatdrop

Liada Trovaras

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:09 pm
Hey! Push ups work all your core muscles, so what need do I have for anything else?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm
P90X

Do it to it ...  

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:24 am
I used to really good about it, but now I just work out randomly every now and then. The only thing I do with any consistency is my 3 mile run every Wednesday morning.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:10 am
Waah! 3 miles? gonk Miro was barely able to finish one mile when gym class had that test at the end of every year to see if you could run a mile in a decent amount of time. Miro doesn't like running at all crying She would take the entire class period to do it and barely make it in time to get changed and to her next class crying

Miro hasn't done tae bo the last couple of days because she was having trouble sleeping, so not getting enough rest after doing more activity than she's used to was making her feel sick sad She hopes to try again during the weekend, though 3nodding

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 am
*compares her measurements with Miro*
eek
I do Denise Austin Videos (2 -3 sets of 10 minute ones) of Pilates. I have no equipment except two 5 lb weights so I just do mat things for the most part.

I also try to either do "spin" exercises on a bike for 20 minutes or treadmill for 20 minutes. As much as I attempt every day, I think I average about 4.5 days of 7 a week doing a combo of both. I started last month myself.. I need to umm... loose my a** to fit into a dress stressed That and I had put on 10 lbs without realizing it from eating too many gluten free cookies and brownies. So I, like you, just want to kick up my metabolism and health stuff. I have the health stuff to keep in check and watch over anyway.

I'd love to do this with you User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:19 pm
YOu think Tae bo will kill you? try zumba. i got a teast of it because the city is offering free classes down town in the millennium park. i have a love heat relationship with it now. and now go to the gym 3 times a week and torture my self willing at zumba for the past month. why? because i was results. dropped one pants size in the past month. went form a size 18 to a size 16 and hope to get to a size 14 or 10 and i'll be happy. but most of all to stop most of the giggling. but that not all because i'm going to gym my mom is going to and that was the main goal because her she is way over weight. we have no scale but moving form my fat girl pants and working my way back down to my skinny girl pants is more rewarding then looking at a scale.  

BatGirlJinx85

Dangerous Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gaian 50

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 pm
Any workout has to be hard to be effective. But yes, I've heard that Zumba is really difficult to keep up with.

Fitting into smaller size clothes does feel good. I'm not quite at that point yet, but I'm noticing that my clothes are fitting looser. We have a scale, but it doesn't always work right, so I don't trust it when it does work. I've noticed that my half-mile walk to work is a lot easier to make now too. Would try running it, but I don't think I can face running at 6 am. cat_sweatdrop Walking is bad enough at that time.

I was bad for the last week and didn't work out much, other than some laps in the pool. cat_redface I did do my workout video today, though. Just finished a few minutes ago, actually.  
RL (Real Life) General Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff