Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 pm
Hi!
I'm currently questing wither the Angeni twins of comedy and tragedy
Or Just the Angeni of Jest (as in jokes and poking fun ext).

What I am wondering is may I have a domained Angeni who has no back wings?

EDITED!
Not a halfbreed! They or he had the wings at One point but they were removed.
So full blooded Angeni just disfigured.

The story would be that the he or she would have them removed and the scars covered by a blanket so he or she could wander more freely amongst the Regualr breeds.
Honestly there is a lot more to the story but I don't wanna type it all up here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:24 pm
NOT an official answer, but just my observation / thinking out loud.

If she was to be an Angeni with Angeni powers and an domain, you should be able to get her customed without the wings, but would still have to consider her a Angeni as far as pricing, rules, etc. I would also assume the scars could be drawn on if you got an "unclothed" version.

I have a unicorn that was purchased/paid for as a Unicorn, but she lost her horn. Yurei

You could always get a half-breed Angeni custom without wings, but I don't think you'd be able to ICly consider her a disfigured Angeni with a domain and Angeni powers.

Either way, its an interesting idea smile

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:08 pm
Yea I asumed full price if it was possible as they would be full blooded but like you said disfigured.

The Angeni of comedy would give up his wings to walk amongst the commons and his brother or sister tragedy would give up their wings to stay grounded with the twin.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
What you could also do is custom them with wings, so they are still Angeni(And for breeding purposes), but also request of the colorist a version of them with NO wings and the scarring. Also my own thinking out loud, I'm just kind of wondering if they might rule them non-Angeni or half-Angeni with scarring... So my proposal there would cover all bases as a just-in-case surprised

I've also seen some Angeni(Though I think from breedings) with faded wings, so there's also that. Sort of like... The three images of Cursed Skin Walkers and some Purewalkers - They get a non-pelted version, pelted version, and then the animal spirit version, so there'd be... Winged version, faded-wing version, wingless version. Since I think the Angeni wings may be separate layer sets, it MIGHT not be that hard for the colorist(s) to do, but it'd also depend on the colorist and I'd ask before posting if that can be done smile  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Im sure this might have changed by now, but Mind *used* to give out wingless versions to show markings, but Kalis was quite adamant that that was NOT okay so I know she had to stop for a bit... Idk if thats changed tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:25 pm
@Ktns; I would imagine that has changed since Kalis is no longer part of staff. c:

As far as domains go, only pure (or uni cross) angeni can have domains, so you would have to get a pure and get a wingless version (which I'm not sure is allowed in itself. It would have to be something you be very careful with where after he cuts his wings off that's it. No more winged RP unless it's specified as a flashback. o: )

However, I'm not sure how cutting off the wings would effect said domain; if the angeni would lose power etc'. o: That might be another question in itself since I don't think it's been done before.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 am
I was under the impression that only pure Angeni or Angenicorns could have domains/power... so they would need to have wings.

While you could ask for wingless versions for showing off markings and for breeding purposes, I do believe you can't use these versions in RP... since officially the character ALWAYS has their wings.....

Unless, maybe, if you could get the ability to remove her wings as part of her ability. Maybe it is one of the curses of tradegy that for a short period of time she loses her Angeni powers and appears 'normal'. Of course you would need to ask Uta about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 am
He would still have the ankle wings, head wings, and possibly (as I'm not sure if it's mutant or not) butt wings.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 am
Yeah; no big wings would make him a half breed.

Same way no beak on the hippogryphs makes them a half breed. o:  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:25 am

Butt wings on anything other than that usdia sub-species is a mutant atm I think

Ktns

Lunatic

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:27 am
IMHO it wouldn't be a "half Angeni" if it was ICly born with wings, but then they were cut off. Again, there's precedent with Yurei: she's a unicorn even though she doesn't have a horn, because it was forcibly removed from her. Just like a hippogryph wouldn't suddenly become a halfbreed if a skinwalker bit off his beak in RP.

Now, Yurei did loose her ability to heal when she lost her horn since their magic is tied to it. I would be curious as to if, ICly, an Angeni looses its domain/magic if it looses its wings. /curious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:37 am
As Kamiki says..she wouldn't be a half breed, it would be a pure breed disfigured angeni (which I think is an awesome RP idea btw and I def want RP if/when you get them).

I like andranis' idea as well, and then you could even RP out the 'loosing of the wings' if you wanted since you would have both forms =-)  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:12 am
Sorry I totally read that as 'he would only have' instead of 'he would still have'. XD

But yeah; I think it's just a matter of how this would work canonly and if it's something that's going to be too hard to keep track of etc'.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am
I've been thinking more about this.... and I think there may be a slight issue....

a) He wouldn't be able to stay conscious enough to cut all four off. (not sure how he would do it anyways XD)
b) Wings have main arteries in them, and each feather has a blood supply (which is why breaking a birds feather can often cause some blood to flow out of the feather core)... so in essence it would be like slicing your neck or leg. Something he wouldn't survive. And surely if a pure unicorn was there to help him heal... surely their nature would prevent them from allowing him to continue on all four wings?

I dunno... smile just something to consider. Hehehe.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:01 am
That's a very good point, Puu. o:  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]