Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Bible Study
Why Obama or Manson can not be The Anti-Christ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am
There is a lot of guessing going on as to who the final Anti-Christ is. Some people say it is this and/or that politician. Rock stars call themselves Anti-Christ, but they are if anything just an anti-Christ, not The Anti-Christ.
Since there is so much confusion on the topic let's look at what Characteristics The final Anti-Christ will have.

Characteristics of Anti-Christ in the words of Scripture.

W. W. Fereday.

1. His moral characteristics are these.
Isaiah 14: 14 . . He shall say in his heart, I will be like the Most High.
Dan. 8: 25 . . He shall stand up against the Prince of princes.
Dan. 11: 36 . . He shall exalt himself above every god.
2 Thess. 2: 4 . . He shall exalt himself " above all that is called God."
2 Thess. 2: 4 . He shall show himself that he is God.
1 John 2: 22 . . He shall deny both the Father and the Son.
Rev. 13: 6 . . He shall open his mouth in blasphemy against God.
Rev. 17: 3 . . He shall be full of names of blasphemy.

2. The extent of his power.
Isaiah 14: 16 . . He shall make the earth to tremble, and shall shake kingdoms.
Isaiah 14: 17 . . He shall make the world as a wilderness.
Dan. 7: 25 . . Times and laws shall be given into his hand.
Dan. 8: 9 . . He shall wax exceeding great.
Dan. 8: 24 . . His power shall be mighty. . . . He shall destroy wonderfully.
Dan. 11: 36 . . He shall do according to his will
Dan. 11: 40 . . He shall enter into the countries and overflow.
Dan. 11: 42 . He shall stretch forth his hand upon the countries.
2 Thess. 2: 9 . . His coming shall be with all power.
Rev. 13: 7 . . Power shall be given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev. 17: 13 . . The ten kings shall give their strength and power unto him.

3. His power will be supported by miracles.
2 Thess. 2: 9 . . His coming shall be after the working of Satan, with all power, and signs, and lying wonders.
Rev. 13: 12 . . He that ministereth in his presence shall do great wonders, so that he shall make fire come down from heaven on the earth, in the sight of men, and shall deceive them that dwell upon the earth by means of these miracles which he shall have power to do.
Rev. 13: 15 . . He shall have power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

4. His reception on the earth
Rev 13: 8 . . All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him whose names are not written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev. 13: 15 . . Whosoever will not worship the image of the beast shall be killed
Rev. 17: 8 . All whose names are not written in the book of life shall wonder.
John 5: 43 . . If another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

5. The place of his manifestation in blasphemy.
Isaiah 14: 13 . . He will sit on the mount of the congregation, on the sides of the north.
Dan. 8: 11 . . He will take away the daily sacrifice.
Dan. 11: 45 . . He will plant the tabernacles of his palace on the glorious holy mountain.
2 Thess. 2: 4 . . He will sit in the temple of God.

6. He is named-
Isaiah 14: 12 . . "Lucifer," as blasphemously assuming Christ's character of " the morning star."
Isaiah 14: 4 . . "The King of Babylon."
Isaiah 10: 5 . . "Asshur," or "Assyria," as being king over that country.
Dan. 7: 20 . . "The Horn that has eyes," as denoting intelligence and strength.
Isaiah 30: 33 . . "THE KING," for whom Tophet is prepared.

These are his principal names in the Old Testament, where he is always referred to in connection with the Jews. In the New Testament he is called, in contrast to the holiness which is the Church's character, the Man of Sin, or the Wicked One. In Isaiah also he is called the Wicked One-"By the breath of his lips He (the Lord) shall slay the Wicked One." Isaiah 11 (quoted in 2 Thess. 2) In John he is called "the Antichrist," in his special character of opposition to Christ. In the Revelation he is called the Beast, as denoting his moral estimate in the sight of Heaven.

7. He will be destroyed by no mere human agency.
Dan. 8: 25 . . He shall be broken without hand.
Isaiah 11: 4 . . . The Lord with the breath of his lips shall slay the wicked one.
2 Thess. 2: 8 . . The Lord shall consume him with the breath of his lips, and with the brightness of his coming
Rev. 19: 15, 20. When He cometh forth who shall tread the — wine-press of wrath, the Beast is taken, and cast alive into the lake of fire.

The following connections may also be found useful:

1. Between Daniel 8. and 9.
8: 25 . . . By peace he shall destroy many.
9: 27 . . . He (the Prince that shall come) shall confirm the covenant with many.
8: 11 . . . He shall take away the daily sacrifice.
9: 27 . . . He shall cause the sacrifice to cease.
8: 19 . . . He shall prosper in the latter end of the indignation.
9: 27 . . . . . . . . till that determined is poured on the desolator.

2. Between Dan. 8 and 11.
8: 9 . . . . He waxes great towards the pleasant land.
11: 41 He enters into the glorious land.
8: 17 At the time of the end shall be the vision.
9: 40, 41 . . . At the time of the end shall he enter.
8: 19, 24 . . . He prospers in the last end of the indignation.
11: 36 . . . . . He shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished.

Between Dan. 7 and 11.
7: 25 He shall speak great words against the Most High.
11: 36. . . . He shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods.
7: 25 He shall change times and laws.
11: 37, 38 . . . He shall not regard the God of his fathers, but honour another.
7: 22 He shall continue until the saints possess the kingdom.
11: 36 . . . . . he shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm
Thanks for clearing this up. I remember after Obama became president, so many people were convinced that is the antichrist that Revelation warns us about. I saw these YouTube videos and articles that said Obama must be the antichrist. I was completely convinced for a while and then I had to think it over really good and I looked at articles saying why Obama couldn't be the antichrist and I couldn't find much, but I found that he fit the antichrist so far, but not completely.

Now that I concentrate on these specific verses as a set it clears it up a lot. I'm sure for others it clears up the issue as well. My husband and I believe that Obama is preceding somebody much worse whether it'll be the next president after him, 2 presidents later, or maybe even 10 presidents, or it could be somebody in another country. I suppose that by God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit that when this person does show up in the world that we will just know.

Also, the thing I've been wondering also that may be a flaw in the way Christians in America think as well as a flaw in my own thinking, too, is that we treat that part about the "antichrist" in Revelation as, "The antichrist will be one of our presidents." And it's definitely possible, but we aren't given those details, but whoever it is - they will seem to have the upper hand, cause people to fall, cause people to worship him, etc. etc. They will feel or make it seem like the world is in their hands instead of God's. This will affect the whole world - no matter what country it starts in. I used to think the antichrist would be one of our presidents because I suppose since I live in America I automatically thought that the antichrist will be in America simply because I live here without thinking about other countries.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

GrimmCorpseDPS

Friendly Vampire

9,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 am
Makes sense you know? As the bible says not even Jesus knows when he will be coming back. We just know he's coming only go knows when the time is right. I also realized that everything Paul told Timothy in his letter is happening today. People would only care for themselves, children will be disobediant to their parents. It's amazing on what God knows that we don't He knows when I'm going to do today. But like I was saying Only God knows when the Rapture is going to happen. We can't say when the world is going to end that's up to God truly.

smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:48 am
Alex Flame Guardian
Makes sense you know? As the bible says not even Jesus knows when he will be coming back. We just know he's coming only go knows when the time is right. I also realized that everything Paul told Timothy in his letter is happening today. People would only care for themselves, children will be disobediant to their parents. It's amazing on what God knows that we don't He knows when I'm going to do today. But like I was saying Only God knows when the Rapture is going to happen. We can't say when the world is going to end that's up to God truly.

smile

Yet people are guessing like crazy. Setting dates, selling everything they own etc. Nobody knows but God like you said. When ever it will happen according to the time he has set. We can know when the season is there but not the date. smile He encourages us not to be scared when we see all these things.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

GrimmCorpseDPS

Friendly Vampire

9,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:53 am
Garland-Green
Alex Flame Guardian

smile

Yet people are guessing like crazy. Setting dates, selling everything they own etc. Nobody knows but God like you said. When ever it will happen according to the time he has set. We can know when the season is there but not the date. smile He encourages us not to be scared when we see all these things.

Right because we know that we would be going home. Some one last year said that the world was going to end in December based off the Myan calandar. Plus it can happen any time now we just have to be ready for when it does. And Sunday Im getting baptized smile Im a bit jumpy over it ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 am
Alex Flame Guardian
Garland-Green
Alex Flame Guardian

smile

Right because we know that we would be going home. Some one last year said that the world was going to end in December based off the Myan calandar. Plus it can happen any time now we just have to be ready for when it does. And Sunday Im getting baptized smile Im a bit jumpy over it ^^

That is really great! I am sure your baptism will be a very nice experience. smile
I wouldn't worry about the Mayan calendar at all, not even take it into consideration.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

GrimmCorpseDPS

Friendly Vampire

9,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:27 am
Garland-Green
Alex Flame Guardian
Garland-Green
Alex Flame Guardian

smile

That is really great! I am sure your baptism will be a very nice experience. smile
I wouldn't worry about the Mayan calendar at all, not even take it into consideration.

Honestly I don't care for the mayan calendar. I just go by what i believe in smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 pm
Just a thought, but does this scare anyone else? Cause it's freaking me out just reading it.. I don't understand it fully, maybe I don't want to but where exactly is the explanation of why the Anti-Christ isn't Obama or Manson?  

Mary Corleone

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm
Deora Gale
Just a thought, but does this scare anyone else? Cause it's freaking me out just reading it.. I don't understand it fully, maybe I don't want to but where exactly is the explanation of why the Anti-Christ isn't Obama or Manson?
With so many criteria having to be filled it can't be Obama or Manson. Non of them have a talking statue which they make people worship.
They are not setting themselves up to be worshiped in the temple of God.
They are not admired by the whole world. They don't have the power to make fire fall from the sky. They don't have power over the whole world. They could not make all the world take the mark. Non of them are great peacemakers. You shouldn't worry. You are safe with Jesus on your side. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 pm
Garland-Green
Alex Flame Guardian

smile

I dont know about you, but it's very hard and difficult for me not to be scared when these things are happening. Looking at the world the way it is now scares me, so i can't imagine how i will survive when the Anti-Christ comes and slays all who dont worship him. I always have this nagging question at the back of my brain: "Will I be strong enough to refuse and admit my faith although it means certain death?" D;
Does anyone else ever question that? Or is it just me? sad

iiLove_Me_More

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:22 am
iiLove_Me_More
Garland-Green
Alex Flame Guardian

smile

I dont know about you, but it's very hard and difficult for me not to be scared when these things are happening. Looking at the world the way it is now scares me, so i can't imagine how i will survive when the Anti-Christ comes and slays all who dont worship him. I always have this nagging question at the back of my brain: "Will I be strong enough to refuse and admit my faith although it means certain death?" D;
Does anyone else ever question that? Or is it just me? sad
I would be lying if I didn't say I have not thought about it too, but I would like to think that if that time comes that God will be there and not only give me the words I need to say but the peace I need to endure even torture.
The thing is, denying Jesus is certain death. Dying for his name sake is not.
You are not alone thinking about these things.

Matthew 10:19
When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:05 pm
Speaking of which, some months ago i was looking up just videos and i stumbled upon this:

Not saying that he is, but it is an interesting coincidence.

if the video failed please click this  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 pm
I'm more inclined to believe that the anti-christ will be more than one individual, more like a movement. An anti christ is any thing that is contrary to the will of Christ or His commandments could be considered anti christ.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 pm
Shadows-shine
I'm more inclined to believe that the anti-christ will be more than one individual, more like a movement. An anti christ is any thing that is contrary to the will of Christ or His commandments could be considered anti christ.

Etymology
It is made up of two roots: αντί + Χριστός (anti + Christos). "Αντί" can mean not only "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of", "Χριστός", translated "Christ", is Greek for the Hebrew "Messiah" meaning "anointed," and refers to Jesus of Nazareth within Christian, Islamic and Messianic Jewish theology.

Many if not most of the Reformers believed Rome to be the Babylon in Revelation. Not only is it a city between seven hills, it was also for a period drunk with the blood of the saints. Its head puts himself in place of Christ as a mediator between God and men.

Revelation 6:9
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

From Revelation we gather that it is a religious institution.

Revelation 17:9
And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

John 16:2
They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time comes, that whosoever kills you will think that he does God service.

Nicolaus Von Amsdorf (1483 - 1565)
"He (the antichrist) will be revealed and come to naught before the last day, so that every man shall comprehend and recognize that the pope is the real, true antichrist and not the vicar of Christ ... Therefore those who consider the pope and his bishops as Christian shepherds and bishops are deeply in error, but even more are those who believe the the Turk (ISLAM) is the antichrist. Because the Turk (ISLAM) rules outside of the church and does not sit in the holy place, nor does he seek to bear the name of Christ, but is an open antagonist of Christ and His church. This does not need to be revealed, but it is clear and evident because he persecutes Christians openly and not as the pope does, secretly under the form of Godliness." (Nicolaus Von Amsdorf, Furnemliche und gewisse Zeichen, sig.A2r.,v.)
Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)

"nothing else than the kingdom of Babylon and of very Antichrist. For who is the man of sin and the son of perdition, but he who by his teaching and his ordinances increases the sin and perdition of souls in the church; while he yet sits in the church as if he were God? All these conditions have now for many ages been fulfilled by the papal tyranny." (Martin Luther, First Principles, pp. 196-197)

Flacius (1570)
"The sixth and last reason for our separation from the pope and his followers be this; By many writings of our church, by the Divinely inspired Word, by prophecies concerning the future and by the special characteristics of the Papacy, it has been profusely and thoroughly proved that the pope with his prelates and clergy is the real true great antichrist, that his kingdom is the real Babylon, a never ceasing fountain and a mother of all abominable idolatry." (Flacius, Etliche Hochwichtige Ursachen und Grunde, warum das siche alle Christen von dem Antichrist ... absondern sollen)

Georg Nigrinus (1530 - 1602)
"The Jesuits claim to be sorely offended and have taken my declarations as an insult and blasphemy in branding the Papacy as the antichrist of which Daniel, Paul, Peter, John and even Christ prophesied. But this is as true as it is that Jesus is the Messiah, and I am prepared to show it even by their own definition of the word 'antichrist'." (Translated from "Nigrinus, Antichrists Grundliche Offenbarung" fol. 6v.)

"This Jesuit further contends that the Papacy cannot be antichrist because the Papacy has lasted for centuries, but that the antichrist is supposed to reign only for 3 1/2 years ... But no one doubts today that Daniel spoke of YEAR-DAYS, not literal days ... The prophetic time-periods of forty-two months, 1260 days, 1, 2, 1/2 times are prophetic, and according to Ezekiel 4, a day must be taken for a year." (Translated from "Nigrinus, Antichrists Grundliche Offenbarung" fols.28v. 29r.)

John Calvin (1509 - 1564)
"Though it be admitted that Rome was once the mother of all Churches, yet from the time when it began to be the seat of Antichrist it has ceased to be what it was before. Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman Pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt .. I shall briefly show that (Paul's words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." (Institutes of the Christian Religion, Vol.3, p.149)

John Knox (1505 - 1572)
Yea, to speak it in plain words; lest that we submit ourselves to Satan, thinking that we submit ourselves to Jesus Christ, for, as for your Roman kirk, as it is now corrupted, and the authority thereof, whereon stands the hope of your victory, I no more doubt but that it is the synagogue of Satan, and the head thereof, called the pope, to be that man of sin, of whom the apostle speaks." (John Knox, The History of the Reformation of Religion in Scotland, p.65)

Thomas Cranmer (1489 - 1556)
"Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of Antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons." (Works by Cranmer, vol.1, pp.6-7)

Charles Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)
"It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. If there were to be issued a hue and cry for Antichrist, we should certainly take up this church on suspicion, and it would certainly not be let loose again, for it so exactly answers the description."
"Popery is contrary to Christ’s Gospel, and is the Antichrist, and we ought to pray against it. It should be the daily prayer of every believer that Antichrist might be hurled like a millstone into the flood and for Christ, because it wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Saviour, and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Ghost, and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the vicar of Christ on earth; if we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors: we shall love their souls though we loath and detest their dogmas, and so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened, because we turn our faces towards Christ when we pray." (Michael de Semlyen, All Roads Lead to Rome)

The great number of people who believed/believe this is not proof in and of itself, but in combination with scripture, history (burning of Bibles, and Bible translators, persecution of those who refuse to submit to Papal authority, murder, stealing, building glorious buildings with money from selling indulgences), practice (priest-craft, salvation by works, remission of sin through the church, idol worship, transubstantiation and so on) and doctrines of the Catholic Church it paints a pretty convincing picture.

Edited March 20th 2015;
It need not be Rome, but Rome does fit into the mold without too much effort.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Bible Study

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces