Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Harlowe's Office Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:39 pm
Damien Edgeworth
Slytherin // Second Year // Prof. Harlowe's Office // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervous
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'A Penseive... I don't see how reliving it could help... but I'll try.'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Damien cleared his throat, blushing a little. He didn't really see how using a Pensieve could help. All it would mean was going back and rewatching the whole horrific ordeal over again. But, if the professor thought it might do something, he would try. He recalled Brownie mentioning that his father kept one in his private study, a room that none but he and the House Elves entered. Apparently, according to Brownie (who he suddenly realized was something of a gossip, not unlike an old woman), his mother tended to look down on such behaviors as looking back on one's actions. You couldn't change them, so why think about them? The woman was very sure of herself... which he used to be proud of. Now he wondered... his father always argued with her over it, saying that you might not be able to change your mistakes, but you could look back on them and learn from them. He acknowledged that, perhaps, looking at it from a perspective where his life wasn't actually in danger, he might see something he missed, something that might help him get over the whole thing. He knew that a lot of his problem was probably because he felt guilty that he'd enraged the professor. Logically, he knew that there was nothing he could have done, but his head didn't seem to want to think about that. Maybe watching it happen would help. "My father... he has a Pensieve, and he's on the Board of Governors. He might... he could bring it, maybe. He does want to help me. And probably Marina, too. He just... he let my mother take care of me, like I was her responsibility, while he was supposed to have a job and work and make the money. So I think that... I think that he regrets that a bit. He might help."

═════════════════════════════════

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm
How did we get here? When I used to know you so well?

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second Year
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wearing
Mood: Excited
Thoughts: I hope his dad will bring it...
With: Damien and Professor Harlowe

Marina looked at Damien. He didn't sound quite as enthusiastic as her. Well, it had been a lot more traumatizing for him. He was the one who had almost died. Who would want to watch themselves almost die? When Damien stated that his father might be able to supply them with a pensieve, her eye's widened. Pensieves were hard to get, weren't they? Her family certainly didn't have one. They could probably use one, though. Her parents had their share of bad memories. She really hoped Damien's dad would bring it. The sooner the better. "Maybe you could write him and ask him to bring it here in a couple of days. We could meet up here to use it." The redhead glanced at Professor Harlowe. "If that's OK with you, professor."

"Endurance is nobler than strength and has more patience than beauty."

How did we get here? Well I think I know...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:01 pm
Shina Kiremono~Third Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Shina popped in briefly. "Here's my homework!" she said, setting down the parchment. A moment later, she was gone again.

Shina
The Fountain of Fair Fortune

I believe that the true power of the fountain lay not with the waters, which as stated in the story itself, contained no magic at all, but in the journey to reach the fountain. While there were many hidden morals and lessons, at the core, the Fountain of Fair Fortune illustrated a basic moral concept: the journey is more important than the goal. This is a concept that applies both in tales and in life.

While many like to focus on the end goal of a journey, be it fame, fortune, power or knowledge, one must work to gain these things in life, not merely wait for them to be handed to oneself on a magical platter. In fact, it has been shown quite often that those who merely are handed great things often suffer for it rather than flourish. Winners of vast sums of money often squander it and find themselves in debt, those who find themselves accidentally in the spotlight go from darlings to devils in the eyes of the public, sudden power gained without work leads to destruction and ruin. No, the true value in reaching goals is the journey, the learning of the skills that enables one to gain their desires through hard work, determination, and effort. Once learned, these skills provide lifelong tools that cannot be taken away, unlike money, adoration, or fleeting power.

The Fountain is a goal, a prize to strive for. From far and wide, men and women made their way to the garden walls. Some doubtlessly traveled in comfort and convenience at their leisure, greedily hoping to improve their already easy lives. These soft and comfortable folk likely risked little, learned little, and gained little from their journey. Other folk likely traveled in great hardship, sacrificing much and risking a great deal to try to improve their difficult lives. These folk, even if they do not make it into the garden, likely gained something simply from the journey, be it distance from their woes, a new perspective, new skills, or simply a break in their troubles spent trying to better themselves.

But each year, one person (or group) is given the chance to test themselves against the Fountain, to fight against obstacles with the tantalizing goal of a solution to their problems sitting just ahead. This incentive serves as a goad, and those who work to overcome the obstacles tailored to their woes will find that in overcoming the challenges set against them, they have gained what they need to reach their goals, and by the time they reach the fountain, they no longer need a mystical cure for their woes. The Fountain, at its heart, is a placebo that has no power in itself, serving only to unlock that which is already inside petitioners.

Truly, all of these fellows likely could have obtained their desires without the Fountain, but the lure of a pat solution gave them the impetus to act. All four fellows began their adventure convinced of their own shortcomings and limitations, and found, in the end, that they could in fact overcome these things. Asha traveled, despite her weakness, to find a cure, pushing her limits and eventually finding a healer who could help her. Altheda, who likely already had knowledge of healing and herbs, overcame her belief in her own powerlessness, and realized that she had a valuable skill that she could use to support herself. Amata grew from a meek woman desperate for the affection of a weak and faithless man to an independent woman who realized she need not waste her life pining for an unworthy cad. Sir Luckless was able to cast off his belief in his own inferiority and act with confidence that would allow him to succeed in life.

Like these fellows, we too can achieve our goals through hard work and determination. The Fountain provided those in the story with a reason to push themselves, but just like the characters, we don’t need magic to fix our woes if we are willing to get up and work for a solution. While a pretty promise might make it easier to bestir oneself to action, we can all stand up, work hard, and find our own solutions to our problems. Just like those in the story, we may sometimes need the aid of others to complete our journeys, but the true power of the Fountain, the ability to act upon our goals and learn from our efforts, already lies within all of us.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm
Shina Kiremono~Third Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

"Pardon, professor!" Shina said as she ducked into Professor Harlowe's office. "Just dropping off my homework!" She handed over her assignment, and was quickly gone again.

Shina
The Wizard and the Hopping Pot

The wizard and the hopping pot, like many of Beedle’s tales, was thought by some to be unsuitable for children in its original form. Revisions were aimed at one of two complaints: the pro-muggle message and the belief that the tale was too gruesome for children. In my opinion, the revisions employed in response to either complaint were quite detrimental to the tale.

Considering that the story, at its most basic, is a tale of an enchanted item punishing a wizard for not helping his muggle neighbors until he changes his ways, the attempt to edit out the pro-muggle message alters the story to the point of being nearly unrecognizable. The revised version turns the pot into an item that eats the muggles and later spits them out, a bit worse for wear, once the entire village agrees to leave the wizard alone to do whatever he likes. Save for the fact that the enchanted item is a pot, these two tales are so utterly different that they are really two entirely different stories. The new story is extremely anti-muggle, encourages isolationist behavior, glorifies the use of cursed magical items on muggles, and suggests that the best way to solve problems is just to torment and terrorize others until you get your way. Not a single moral or lesson remains intact after the revision, leading me to say that the alterations were not justified.

The second reason for revision was to make the tale lighter and softer, a process called Bowdlerization. Children were quite amused by a warty, groaning, clanking pot following a naughty wizard about until he learned his lesson. Adults however were sometimes dismayed at their children’s fascination with icky things, and out of a rather condescending and misplaced belief that their children would be harmed by such ideas, gutted tales of their even mildly unpleasant aspects. Mrs. Beatrix Bloxam is noted for writing revised versions of several of Beedle’s stories which were free of such terrible things as warts and hungry muggles. Unfortunately, they were also repulsive to their target audience, being so condescending, syrupy, and over the top in the attempts to cure it of negative aspects that children found it to be sickening and demanded their parents cease reading them Mrs. Bloxam’s tales. Personally, I find it absurd that warts and strange noises were found to be so terrible that children would be harmed by hearing a story featuring them.

After reviewing the revised versions, I find that both revisions were unjustified. In neither case was the reasoning for changing the story particularly valid. In both cases, the revised story was radically changed, and the story suffered for it. The Wizard and the Hopping Pot is a simple, amusing tale, and is best left just as it is for children to enjoy.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm
Adalaide Blythe
3rd Year Hufflepuff
Assignment 1

Beedle the Bard was born into a time when the relationship between wizards and muggles had reached a point of great distrust. Muggles were beginning to grow afraid of the abilities magical people had, and were acting out of fear towards their neighbors. In this time, it was far more common for a wizard to be out to get his neighbors than to help them, simply because it was safe to assume they were out to get him. And yet, in this troubling time, Beedle the Bard was able to be above the hatred and mistrust. His stories were about the opposite; about helping people in whatever way you could, whether you were magical or not. It's a message that still to this day is lost on some, because at the time he was writing, the trouble had only just begun. I believe that, in spite of how far we've come, we still have a lot to learn from Beedle the Bard. If people had been more receptive to his stories back then, maybe things wouldn't be so bad now. Perhaps we'd never have needed the Statue of Secrecy. I like to think that we'll get there, one day. Beedle the Bard was ahead of his time. If he were alive today, he'd still be ahead of it. We hide from the muggle world because we still don't know that we can trust them. I have cousin's who don't know I'm a witch, and that's sad to me. I hope that one day, we'll be ahead of him.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm
Marina Eugenie Aldred
3rd Year Slytherin
Assignment 1

Beedle the Bard challenged the views and opinions of his magical peers with his stories. Beedle's stories were about magical and muggle people. Instead of focusing on magic, focused on the struggles of the characters and the lessons they learned. This was completely unheard of in his time. Wizards and muggles were practically at war, neither side trusted the other, and both sides developed prejudices that would last for centuries. Even today, the magical and muggle worlds are separated, with the commonly held belief that they would be unable to coexist peacefully together if muggles were aware of magic. Maybe that is true, but we can always dream of a day, far in the future, when muggles and wizards will live side by side, aware of each other, in harmony. Our two worlds, while very different, are linked. We are all human, whether or not our we can cast a spell or ride on a broom. Beedle understood that it's not people's magic that matter, it's their hearts. His stories showed this, and while shocking, they were a much needed wake up call, even if they didn't go over well with some magical folk. I think that with each passing generation we draw ever closer to a future where the magical and muggle are united together, regardless of differences. My mum's family treats her like a distant relative nobody really likes, because they are intimidated by her powers. They are scared of their own daughter, though she would never in a million years ever use her magic to harm them. I think that's sad, and I hope that one day I'll be able to talk about Hogwarts with my grandparents, or show my cousins my wand. There is always hope for a brighter, peaceful future. One day, Beedle will be looked upon as a pioneer for his time, paving the way to way to better relations with muggles, all because of some children's stories. Beedle understood that our hope for the future lies with our children. I couldn't agree more.  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:10 pm
User Image

User Image

Penny entered the office and placed the homework on the professors desk, then exited.

Penny Dewitt
Student Name Penny DeWitt
Student Year and House 5th Year Slytherin
Assignment #1

Recount your own sorting, and discuss what traits you believe contributed to your placement.

Well I remember the surge of emotions that comes from your first trip to hogwarts, by the time I got to sorting I was almost numb having my nerves on edge for so long. When the hat was placed on my head I was so excited to hear his voice in my head. I knew it was coming and I was still shocked to hear it. I think part of the reason I am in this house is I wanted to be. My sister was a Slytherin and I wanted to make her proud. I am also very ambitious at getting what I want and using the means needed to get there. I was so excited when he yelled out Slytherin and I got to hurry over to my table full of the people I would be with for the next 7 years. I am still very happy and proud to be a member of my house. I owe that hat for my love of Hogwarts, being in Slytherin has helped me in my life.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:46 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped into Professor Harlowe' office. Not seeing her there he simply set the invitation onto her desk and left.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Quote:

Dear Professor Amata Harlowe,
User Image
The Ball will be occurring during the upcoming summer and will be open to the members and their guests:

Amata Harlowe and Family

Please send back an owl to the Brighton Estate with your acceptance or your denial as soon as possible.
Child Care will be available.
We hope to see you on our day and evening of dance, feast, and enjoyment.
~ The Brighton Family

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:28 pm
Alice Lancaster
3rd Year Hufflepuff
Assignment # 1 - Muggle Mythology

The elements to Greek mythology are gods, heroes, and magical creatures. This is similar to Roman mythology as well only they focus on humans rather than mythical creatures. Any stories about centaurs or gods like the goddess of love, or Apollo and Artemis the gods of the sun and moon are considered myths. Sadly I’ve only heard about them vaguely and never actually read about them.

======================================

Alice Lancaster
3rd Year Hufflepuff
Assignment # 1 - Mythology

Beedle the Bard

During his time muggles weren’t held very highly, however Beedle the Bard’s opinion was drastically different. He held muggles in high esteem during his life time, which showed in his stories. This would explain why the main characters for his stories were those with lesser talent with magic. That’s where the controversy comes in because he also wrote stories where those who valued pure blood were punished. This is seen in The Wizard and the Hopping Pot where a wizard helped the muggles and when he passed away left his son to continue what he started. However the son was uninterested in helping them and was punished by a magical pot left by his father. People of course didn’t like the idea of associating with muggles feeling that they were setting up for their own funerals.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:04 pm
Valentina Melody La Russa
Fourteen Years Old/ Fourth Year Gryffindor

Wearing: A long red evening gown with pearls/ Single/ Pureblood/ thinking: Mother going to kill me / Heiriess to the La Russa Fortune

Valentina made her way to the head of Gryffindor. She Already figured out what is about that the professor wanted to see her about. "There goes my lucky flask and then probably would a howler back to mother. Nothing unusual. Stuff my chance for prefect" Valentina said to herself. "Professor, you wanted to see me about my flask?" Valentina asked the professor. Valentina wasn't fussed about getting in trouble as long as she doesn't find out about the lack of her grades over he last 3 years.

OOC: Free for Interaction

Cara MiaKitty

Put Name here

Put Name here

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:06 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

The boy had been slightly worried when he had gotten summoned to the head of house's office...Amata Harlowe. Well...he wasn't worried about consequences really...rather the fact that this was his teacher and secretly hoped that this didn't seep through to his grade somehow. Let's face it...his behavior, Theo didn't always care about, nor did consequences ever really bother him at all, but his grades was one thing he did take a bit of pride in. He feared that one of favored classes was going to turn into a living nightmare because of this. That would be his luck at least.

He awaited to be in, just sort of awkwardly standing by the door, but he exuded confidence to say the least. He would never fault in that part of him. He had to...or someone could take advantage of it, especially a teacher. She could throw something at him and see that he was worried and pour it on even more. That was his basis for being the way he was: wasn't it? Well, if it was, he sure showed it.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:56 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely in her Office with Theo, Valentina
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Strained
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Angel jinxed me... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata sighed heavily when the door opened to reveal the two students, setting aside the papers she'd been grading and indicating that they both should sit. She took a long moment to compose herself, wondering what in Merlin's name had gotten into the two of them. She understood misbehaving; she hadn't exactly been a model student when she'd been in school. Or a model daughter... or a model anything, really. She had the scars from long-removed piercings to prove it, not that such things were noticeable. To say nothing of the piercings she hadn't removed, or the tattoo adorning her side. Still, she might've been something of a hellion, but she'd certainly never stepped quite this far out of line. Drinking. At a school function, no less! At their ages! She couldn't even wrap her head around how the two of them had gotten their hands on the alcohol in the first place, let alone what would've possessed them to drink it at a school bloody function! She laced her fingers together over the top of her desk, trying not to glare at the two, which was quite the feat, given how completely frustrated she was with their behavior. "Mister Gibbs. Miss La Russa. Thank you for coming... and yes, this is about the flasks."

spaceThe blonde professor's eyes flicked over to where the objects in question sat on her desk, and her hands separated, fingers of the left tapping incessantly across the surface. She sighed. "I'm not going to ask why; I remember being a teenager. I would, however, like to know what on Earth possessed you to think the Yule Ball of all things was the best occasion, and location, for your actions. It might be the holidays, but you are still at school, you know. You're lucky it was Xavier who caught you and not another one of the professors." This last bit was said with a faint huff. She could only imagine what the new Herbology professor would have done had he been the one to catch them; given what she'd heard about the other event at the ball, she'd say the pair were very lucky, indeed. "For that matter, I'm not going to ask how you managed to get your hands on it in the first place, though I'm sure I probably should. Know that I will be keeping a very close eye on the both of you. If you repeat this, it will not go so well." She didn't bother to add that she was going to inform the prefects of their actions and ask them to keep a close watch on the pair; no sense in alerting them to the fact that they needed to be on their best behavior when Tanya and the others were around. It might not occur to them if she didn't say anything, which made it less likely that they would simply work harder at not getting caught. Not that there was much to stop them from taking that route, but she could try to minimize how much thought they put into it, at least. "I'm not going to take house points because quite frankly I fail to see why the entire house should be punished for your behavior. Instead, you'll both be serving detention. Several. Detentions. Given that we're technically on break, you might think I'd wait and ask you in once the new term starts, but I'd rather take advantage of the fact that you currently have no obligations to lessons to interfere. You will both come here, after lunch, every day, for the next two weeks. That include weekends. I will have tasks for you to complete and you will be released when they are completed, to my satisfaction. Any day skipped without adequate reason, such as illness, will result in two days added on. Are we clear?"

spaceShe stared the pair down, actually somewhat impressed that she'd managed to keep her tone relatively neutral as opposed to growing angry and yelling at them or even snapping. At worst, she sounded like she was scolding them... which she was. It was sort of odd, actually. In all her time at the school, she'd not once had this issue before. Her lessons being an elective, she very rarely had issues like the ones Grayson had, where students who would rather be elsewhere caused trouble. She didn't recall ever once giving a detention. But, she was their Head of House, so it was her job to ensure that they understood the gravity of their actions. Even if that meant being stern... especially if it did. It felt ever so slightly out of character, if she were honest with herself. She'd very much like to throw something right now from sheer frustration at the two of them, but there was no evidence of this in her bearing. She needed a long, hot bath after this. While she was at it, she needed to tell off Professor Amorocho... their conversation at the Opening Term feast had clearly jinxed her. She'd known that things weren't going to be smooth, but she hadn't expected the first bit of trouble to be quite this dramatic. Honestly.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

RedEagleEye007

mrs-lestrange

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:28 am
Valentina Melody La Russa
Fourteen Years Old/ Fourth Year Gryffindor

Wearing: A long red evening gown with pearls/ Single/ Pureblood/ thinking: Mother going to kill me / Heiriess to the La Russa Fortune

Valentina was trying so had to laugh when she heard several dentitions. "It's Christmas Professor, being half Italian its tradition to have a sip of fire whiskey at a celebration." Valentina said. "That flask is a family heirloom they only thing I got after my grandfather passed away." She said "Everyday! Really! I have a horrible memory I don't even remember which classes I have or if I even went or not." She was slowly leading up to loing her temper at the professor. "Weekends are for study and sleeping it's not fair. I need my sleep. I need my weekends." Valentina wanted to scream because being with the head of house is going to kill her. "Wouldn't it be easier just my the parents will with us. I already know my mother is going to kill me once I get home from Hogwarts anyway so just let her deal with me rather spending dentition in here everyday and weekends just isn't really my cup of coffee." She said as the anger was building up even more.

OOC: Free for Interaction

Cara MiaKitty

Put Name here

Put Name here

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:44 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo sat down next to Valentina, rolling his eyes as she began to speak. Is this about the flasks? Are you serious? No, we are being elected as student of the month, he thought to himself, not really saying a word however. He didn't want to get more in trouble than he already was. She did ask them why the Yule Ball of all place, to which he answered. "Well, really, I can't speak for her, but I've been extremely stressed lately. On top of that, I got to enjoy what the Yule Ball offered alone. I was on the verge of leaving had I not run into a friend of mine. So truth be told, I was trying to instill a little fun for myself...obviously there are better ways to do it, but I wasn't thinking much at the time," he responded, shrugging his shoulders as he met her eyes with his own, telling the truth.

He did thoroughly enjoy that house points wouldn't be taken, but was a little disheartened to find out that he had to go to detention during break, which quite frankly, sucked, but he had to deal with it. "Wasn't going home anyway so alright," he said aloud, shrugging his shoulders once again as he kept his gaze on the teacher confidently. He couldn't let himself be taken advantage of somehow. That was the last thing he wanted. And the fact that she wasn't really as mad as he thought she would be, he thought he was getting off rather easy compared to another professor had they gotten to him.

That's when Valentina had spoken up. Theo, touching his palm to his forehead and shaking his head, didn't really say much. "Not too sure how my non existent parents are supposed to deal with me Valentina. Don't speak for both of us," he commented, still shaking his head. He really didn't want to go into this conversation right then.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

Cara MiaKitty

[quote="mrs-lestrange]

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:40 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely in her Office with Theo, Valentina
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Strained
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Angel jinxed me... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata narrowed her eyes at Valentina, feeling the faintest twitch start in her eye. "'Being half Italian' is not an excuse for breaking school rules, Miss La Russa. If you wanted to keep with tradition, you should have spent the holidays at home. Furthermore, a flask full of the stuff implies you were doing a lot more than taking a sip. By all means try to defend your actions, but do not lie to me. And don't think that any excuse will make me be any kinder. Regardless of your intentions, what you did was unacceptable." Valentina's comment that the flask was an heirloom was met with a frown. Amata was trying very, very hard not to roll her eyes at the girl, to be perfectly honest. Her excuses were weak and her behavior was childish. If you were going to act up, you needed to own up to your actions when you got caught. "You should have thought of the importance of the item before you decided to put it to use. As it is, you're acting like I won't give it back. The contents have been vanished," Somehow, it'd seemed inappropriate to drink liquor filched from students, "- and you're free to take it when you leave. But if you're discovered to have alcohol in it again, I will confiscate it and send it home to your parents." The blonde grabbed the items in question and held them out then for the pair to take. Given that the owning of a flask didn't automatically mean that someone was drinking, she didn't see any point in holding onto them.

spaceShe had to close her eyes and take a deep breath when Theo spoke. Of all the... at least Valentina's excuse had held some sort of water for why she may have felt justified in her actions. Of all the things he could have said, 'I wasn't thinking' was probably the single laziest excuse the boy could've come up with. "Stress is not an excuse to dive into a bottle, Mr. Gibbs. Neither is not having a date to a dance. There are worse things in life than being single, I assure you. Particularly at your age." Amata honestly couldn't fathom it; to tell the truth, she was somewhat concerned about where precisely Theo had picked up these habits. What the hell was the boy's home life like, that his reaction to stress and not having a date was to drink? Of course, it wasn't an excuse for his behavior... more somethings she should be concerned about.

spaceShe was pulled from her musing over that by Valentina's comments on her punishment. Again, the professor's eyes narrowed, something akin to fury sparking in them. "Horrible memory? Allow me to correct the problem, then. Every. Day. That shouldn't be so hard to remember. If need be, I can make sure you remember. Trust me, there are plenty of ways to do so. Carelessness is not an excuse for escaping punishment. Nor is it one for missing lessons, in fact. I haven't bothered to say anything on that particular subject, mostly because it's your life. If you wish to allow your own laziness to result in poor grades and cause you difficultly later on down the line, that is your decision. I'm your Head of House, not your babysitter. You are old enough, and should be mature enough, that I don't have to hold your hand and hound you to go to class. But, you will attend your detentions. Believe me when I say that this is non-negotiable." She could tell that the young lady was getting angry, but frankly, she didn't care. Her actions and her attitude were incredibly immature. The words 'it's not fair' almost made the Gryffindor Head of House snap. "'Not fair?' Firstly, allow me to remind you; what you did was illegal, Miss La Russa. Not simply against school rules, it was against the law. You're lucky you're getting off as easily as you are. If you'd really like to challenge my authority, I invite you to take it up with the Headmaster... who I assure you, will take the matter much more seriously and handle it much more strictly than I. Secondly, I fail to see how you could possibly expect me to believe you use any of your free time on the weekends for studying when you admitted yourself that you never go to class. Given that it's clear you're only using 'studying' as an excuse to try and sound as though you have a legitimate reason to complain, let me just tell you; you can get plenty of sleep on the weekends while still serving my detentions. If you were really so worried about losing your precious free time, you shouldn't have broken the rules. Actions have consequences, something you seem to not have been properly taught. Allow me to remedy the situation. You will serve your detentions, and you will not complain further. I'm letting you off easy; I suggest you take it."

spaceShe chose to ignore Theo's snide comment on his own plans for the holidays, not acknowledging that he'd even spoken beyond spearing him with a glare. However, when he replied to Valentina's desperate plea that she simply allow their parents to handle the matters, she cleared her throat for his attention. "Uncalled for, Mr. Gibbs. Watch your tongue; you had no reason to speak up other than to be rude." Amata was fed up with the both of them. Valentina for her immaturity and entitled attitude, and Theo for his arrogance and obnoxious retorts. She didn't know how she was going to survive making them come serve detention for the next two weeks... aside from a lot of chocolate, several long, hot baths, and pestering Grayson to take her mind off of it. She felt sort of bad that he was going to be bearing the brunt of her frustration, but he hadn't done so badly last night, after all. Actually, she might go bother him after she was done with this... she definitely needed something to distract her. Amata leveled her gaze at Valentina again. "There are several months between now and the Summer break. I'm not going to let you get away with acting like nothing happened, only to return home to parents who will long since be over any anger for your behavior. It's highly unlikely they'll still be angry enough to bother with punishing you come June. If they do, it will be on principle, and you'll likely get off far easier than you would have, or than you should. Frankly, Miss La Russa, your inability to accept the consequences for your actions is appalling. Stop arguing; you'll not change my mind, you'll only make things worse for yourself." Her gaze moved between the two. "Detention. After lunch. Every day. Starting tomorrow. No excuses. You're both dismissed." She wasn't leaving any chance for the pair of them to continue arguing with her. They could storm off and be angry, they could whine to their friends or curse her name, she didn't particularly care. She was not going to argue with a brick wall, which she sensed was exactly what continuing on with Valentina would be doing. It wouldn't sway her decision; indeed, she was already contemplating her options for extending or worsening the punishments. And she would ensure that Valentina made it to her detentions, even if she had to hunt the girl down or have a prefect escort the girl to her office. No excuses... She ground her teeth. There was a headache already pounding in her temples. God willing, this would be the worst she had to deal with this year.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

RedEagleEye007

mrs-lestrange

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Professor Offices

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash