Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Harlowe's Office Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:27 am
Valentina Melody La Russa
Fourteen Years Old/ Fourth Year Gryffindor

Wearing: A long red evening gown with pearls/ Single/ Pureblood/ thinking: Mother going to kill me / Heiriess to the La Russa Fortune

Valentina thought to herself she really needs to keep her mouth shut sometimes and learn to control her anger. "I guess I made myself an enemy in the head of house" Valentina muttered under her breath to herself. "I understand now, Professor. " She said deciding it wasn't worth arguing with her. Valentina decided she was going to count down the days till she goes back to Pisa or Cambridge depending on where Arlo is to have his wedding. "I will be seeing you tomorrow then Professor." Valentina said as she headed out the door to find something to take her anger out on and to think of a place to hide to avoid going to the professor after lunch break..

Exits to Gryffindor Common Room
OOC: Free for Interaction

Cara MiaKitty

Put Name here

Put Name here

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:03 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo just sat there with his hand holding up his head, trying not to die of boredom. Yes, he got it, he made a mistake. Would he do it again? Probably...but of course, next time it would be a lot more concealed and wouldn't be a two person thing. As he listened to the woman go on, he really stopped listening, letting it go one ear and out of the other. He already knew he was going to be in detention for awhile...so really, wasn't that all she needed to say. Did she really have to draw it out like that? He had no idea, but as the conversation went, Theo found himself growing more and more annoyed, but a particular thing she said, almost made him flip out.

"Wait...wait...wait: excuse me? I had no reason to speak up? How could you say that? No, I spoke up because she said to let our parents deal with it, which I do not have last time I checked. I'm sorry that it didn't fit your context: but are you serious? You know nothing about me Professor and to be honest, that's all I'm getting out of this conversation, but whatever...detention...every day. If you come up with any outstanding consequences for speaking up like this...tell me in class. Have a nice day." he said venomously, words streaming off his tongue so venomously that it may have seemed even aggressive. But he felt that he was justified. He was in a room with two women who thought they could speak for him and thought they knew what he was thinking. He couldn't even believe either of them had the audacity to do this.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

Cara MiaKitty

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:32 am
User Image

โ„‚๐•Œโ„โ„๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•ƒ๐•
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely in her Office with Theo, Valentina
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Strained
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          โ Angel jinxed me... โž

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceAmata didn't believe Valentina's words for an instant; she could already tell she was going to end up giving the girl more detentions for skipping. The redhead had caved far too easily after attempting to put up an argument. However, she wasn't going to bother trying to drag this out, and allowed the girl to leave without another word. Theo, on the other hand, made her eyes spark with anger at his outburst. "No, Mister Gibbs, you did not have reason to speak up! She was trying to worm her way out of trouble. Nothing more. Unless you had informed her of such, she had no idea that you have no parents. She wasn't trying to be offensive, she was trying to cover her arse. You, on the other hand, sought to speak up and make a big deal out of nothing, and were exceptionally rude in doing so. There are only two reasons to say something like that in such a situation; to garner pity, or because you're looking for an excuse to throw a fit. Which, for the record, you should be too mature for. But, apparently not. And if you think it's acceptable to speak this way to me, allow me to correct that; there is never, ever a an excuse for a student to be so disrespectful, especially not to a professor." She paused there, mouth drawing into a thin line. There were several ways she could deal with this, but given that her temper had already snapped, she thought it best to leave it someone else's hands. Amata stood, cutting off Theo's exit to the door. "You know, in spite of everything, I might've managed to have a nice day. But between the both of you, apparently it's not in the cards. At least Valentina apparently knows when to pretend she's complacent. You'll be coming with me, Mister Gibbs... to see the Headmaster. Perhaps next time you'll learn to keep your whining to yourself." Amata stepped aside and gestured towards the door, glaring at the young man. Perhaps she hadn't behaved as professionally as she should have, but she didn't have the patience for children who thought they could get away with saying whatever they wanted, and cover it up with childhood trauma. "I don't have parents" was not an excuse to act like a child... and in any case, she knew for a fact that Theo had been adopted. It was in his paperwork. "I do wonder how your adoptive parents would take to knowing that you apparently don't consider them your parents. Your outburst wasn't just disrespectful to myself and Valentina... it is to them as well. They took you in and raised you; saying you have no parents when you go home to them every Summer is the height of disrespect. But, you can explain your reasoning behind that to the headmaster; I'm through dealing with you. Don't talk back, don't try to defend yourself. Walk. Now." She waited for him to exit and then followed after the young man, all the while wondering how on Earth a child could grow to be so damned entitled and so damned rude. Her mother would have had her hide for speaking to a professor that way. For speaking to any adult that way. And her father's quiet disappointment would have somehow managed to be worse. The idea that anyone could think such behavior was excusable... honestly, it was disgusting. Hence why she was taking this to the Headmaster; she didn't have the patience to deal with it. Amata knew her faults well enough to know it was best to pass this on to Steele.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          xxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:39 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Fษชา“แด›สœ Yแด‡แด€ส€ |โบ| Gส€สา“า“ษชษดแด…แดส€ Pส€แด‡า“แด‡แด„แด› |โบ| Hแด€สŸา“-BสŸแดแดแด…

Text

It was a rare occasion Dani felt the need to visit her Head of House's office, as she'd managed to stay out of trouble for most of her time at the school, and she wasn't taking any of Professor Harlowe's classes. However, with her fifth year rapidly coming to a close, she knew she needed what the Muggles referred to as 'career counselling'. She needed more input than what her grandparents were giving her; it wasn't that they didn't have her best interests at heart, but she figured she needed to know what her options were.

Dani approached the office, and knocked on the door, before poking her head inside. 'Oh, I hope I'm not catching her and Professor Powell at a bad moment,' she thought. 'That wouldn't be good.' "Hello, Professor?" she asked. "Is this a good time to discuss career options?"

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 pm
User Image

c ฯ… r r e n ั‚ l y
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          โ™ฅ grฮฑั‡sฯƒn pฯƒwั”ll โ™ฅ
                                                          Looking Lovely at her Office with Dani
                                                          xxxา“eelฮนngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxั‚ะฝฮนnฤธฮนngxxx
                                                          โ Career options? Hm... โž
                                                          โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

thั” rฮฑรญn รญs f ฮฑ l l รญ n ' ฯƒn mั‡ wรญndฯƒwpฮฑnั”s แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ะฒut wั” ฮฑrั” h รญ d รญ n g รญn ฮฑ s ฮฑ f ั” r p l ฮฑ c ั” แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxxxxx
                                                          undั”r cฯƒvั”rs stฮฑั‡รญng d r ั‡ ฮฑnd w ฮฑ r m แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxx
                                                          ั‡ฯƒu gรญvั” mั” f ั” ั” l รญ n g s thฮฑt รญ ฮฑ d ฯƒ r ั” แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxx
                                                          โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceAmata looked up from the papers she was graded at the sound of the knock on her door. Smiling at Dani, she gestured to wave the girl in, nodding. "As good a time as any," she said brightly, setting her quill aside and clearing some room on her desk. She very carefully moved the papers to the side, not wanting to misplace them (she swore, she was starting to pick up some of Grayson's bad habits), and then stood, moving to a cabinet in the back corner of the room. "Career options, you said?" she asked, opening the cabinet and pulling out a drawer, riffling around in it for a moment before producing a file, bound in leather, carefully tied off. She returned to her desk and opened it, chewing on the inside of her cheek for a moment.

spaceThis was one of the things Amata really liked about having been made Head of House; she found that she greatly enjoyed these conversations... well, most of the time. Occasionally... she suppressed a shudder at the thought of a few of the students who'd come by to talk to her about their future plans. Luckily, she shouldn't have any trouble with Dani. There was a reason she'd made the girl prefect, after all. She was smart, and hard working. Honestly sometimes Amata wondered at her sorting; she seemed much more like a Hufflepuff to the blonde. But, then again, Amata knew that she personally came off as a bit of a Ravenclaw most of the time. It wasn't as though being in any one house meant that you couldn't possess traits associated with the others.

spaceShe took a moment to skim over the more recent entries in Dani's file, things that she didn't already have more or less committed to memory about the girl, like her more recent grades in her lessons. After a moment, she looked up, fingers lacing together on the desktop, and she smiled. "Alright. Where do you want to start wtih this? Obviously you won't know your OWL scores until the Summer, but, how do you think you did? Your performance there will determine what your options are for your NEWT level classes, which will determine what you'll be qualified for after graduation." She knew that Dani knew this, but it didn't mean it didn't bear repeating.

spaceThe blonde chewed her cheek again, thinking. Generally, performance on exams corresponded fairly well with performance in lessons, but that wasn't always the case. Sometimes students were poor test takers, sometimes the pressure got to them, sometimes they cracked. And sometimes the one thing on the practical was the one thing they hadn't mastered; that happened a lot. "Assuming your exam grades reflect your performance in lessons, we at least have a decent starting point. If you get your scores and they don't match up with what we discuss today, you are obviously welcome to come see me at the start of next year and we'll take another look at your options," she said with a smile. Honestly, in Dani's case, she didn't think it would be an issue. She had trouble seeing the young woman as one who would have issues with test taking. But then, you never knew. And she especially didn't know, since she didn't actually teach her. Sometimes she bemoaned the fact that her lesson was an elective... and one that not many of her house's students seemed inclined to take.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          xxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ รญt stฮฑrts รญn mั‡ t ฯƒ ั” s, mฮฑkั”s mั” c r รญ n k l ั” mั‡ n ฯƒ s ั”
                                                          xxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ w h ั” r ั” v ั” r รญt gฯƒั”s, รญ ฮฑ l w ฮฑ ั‡ s knฯƒw
                                                          xxxxxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ thฮฑt ั‡ฯƒu mฮฑkั” mั” s m รญ l ั”, plั”ฮฑsั” s t ฮฑ ั‡ fฯƒr ฮฑ w h รญ l ั”
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ just t ฮฑ k ั” ั‡ฯƒur t รญ m ั” , w h ั” r ั” v ั” r ั‡ฯƒu gฯƒ

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:58 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

Fษชา“แด›สœ Yแด‡แด€ส€ |โบ| Gส€สา“า“ษชษดแด…แดส€ Pส€แด‡า“แด‡แด„แด› |โบ| Hแด€สŸา“-BสŸแดแดแด…

Text

Dani found a chair to sit down, and was grateful to do so. Though she tried hard to hide it, the run-up to the exams, as well as actually tests had taken their toll upon her. During the time the OWLs took place, she'd barely slept and her appetite was such she forced herself to choke down something to keep going. It was no joke that she'd been functioning on little sleep and copious quantities of the 'Study Blend' of coffee she'd come up with, a triple chocolate espresso with hazelnut cream. Now the OWLs were over, Dani was exhausted.

"I think I did all right on my exams, Professor. I was a little worried about my Transfiguration exam, but I was able to get the kitten back all right, and they made me give him back to the examiner. I hope Professor Deschering thinks I did well enough on the Healing exam, I really didn't want to disappoint her, or become a vulture snack. I also kinda babbled a bit on the Wizard Law practical."

Truth be told, she'd gotten through her last exam on sheer nerve and caffeine, positing a legal argument whereby her imaginary client would have committed a moral failing by not acting as he did. A justification defense was not an easy case to put together. "More than anything I want my grandparents to be pleased with my work," Dani added, with a tired smile.

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 pm
User Image

c ฯ… r r e n ั‚ l y
                                                          xxxา“eelฮนngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxั‚ะฝฮนnฤธฮนngxxx

ะฒut wั” ฮฑrั” h รญ d รญ n g รญn ฮฑ s ฮฑ f ั” r p l ฮฑ c ั” แƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“xxxxxxxxx

spaceAmata gave the young woman a curious look when she noted how exhausted she looked, and felt a stab of sympathy run through her. Oh, she remembered that feeling. A little too well, actually. She'd been a good student, but even good students got nervous. Especially when the outcome of one series of tests affected so very much. She gave Dani a warm, sympathetic smile. "I'm sure you did just fine on all of them, Dani. Of course, the question is whether or not you'll meet the requirements to continue on into the NEWT level; Wizard Law, as long as you passed, you're fine. Transfiguration and Healing both require an Exceeds Expectations, but, if it's really important, you can appeal to Professors Dechering and Elliott to continue on with an A. Given how hard you work, I'm sure both would be willing to allow it, and obviously I would help facilitate the conversation."

spaceThe former Gryffindor paused then, glancing back at her files a second. She took a deep breath, pursing her lips, thinking carefully on what she knew about the fifth year. She did well in her prefect duties, obviously, was very enthusiastic and dedicated. She could probably handle a fairly high amount of responsibility as far as her career went. Stress... Well, if her current state was any indication, she could probably be trusted to handle it, though she'd need to develop healthier habits for keeping herself rested and the like. Amata looked back up to Dani, still thoughtful. "I know you want to make your grandparents proud, but, that really shouldn't be your focus at this juncture. You're making decisions that are going to follow you through the rest of your life, it's important that you be satisfied with the choices you make. What you should try to focus on is, figuring out where you want to go, and how best to get there. I'm certain their approval will be easier won than you think. No sense stressing yourself out and wearing yourself ragged trying to impress people who love you regardless. As long as you are successful and happy, I'm sure they'll be satisfied," she said, speaking with a fair amount of experience. She'd ended up editing for her mother for years because she'd thought that was what her Mum wanted; Meredith had always talked about Amata working with her on her books and the like, and so Amata hadn't ever really considered that she might have another path. And while she'd been happy enough doing that, it'd been frustrating working so closely with her mother, and she was much more suited to what she did now. Not to mention how much worse it'd be dealing with Meredith now that her father was dead. She didn't even want to contemplate that.

spaceThe blonde leaned forward slightly, her posture opening her up, the pose of a confidant. Her expression was warm and inviting, meant to draw Dani in and make sure she was comfortable. "So, the question becomes, assuming you performed well on your exams, what path do you want to take? I assume since you're here to talk to me about it that you've at least done some thinking on the matter? If not, obviously we can look over what you'd be qualified for on the assumption that you'll be able to continue on in all your lessons." She paused, expression growing slightly more serious. "I can't make any decisions for you, obviously. I'm just here as a sort of sounding board for you to bounce ideas off of, and to make recommendations on how to proceed based on those ideas. I can probably help you form a few, but I'll need to know where your head is at first, obviously. Just because you show skill in one area doesn't mean you're passionate about it, so based on grades alone I can't say what you should or should not choose as a career path." She grabbed a clean sheet of parchment and her quill again, so that if she needed to, they could take a few notes down about how the conversation went for future reference. You never knew when it'd be nice to have something like that on file, after all.

xxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ รญt stฮฑrts รญn mั‡ t ฯƒ ั” s, mฮฑkั”s mั” c r รญ n k l ั” mั‡ n ฯƒ s ั”
                                                          xxxxxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ thฮฑt ั‡ฯƒu mฮฑkั” mั” s m รญ l ั”, plั”ฮฑsั” s t ฮฑ ั‡ fฯƒr ฮฑ w h รญ l ั”
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxแƒ“ แƒ“ แƒ“ just t ฮฑ k ั” ั‡ฯƒur t รญ m ั” , w h ั” r ั” v ั” r ั‡ฯƒu gฯƒ

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 am
User Image
                                                      User Image

Text

"I know," Dani replied, nodding her head with agreement, "but, the Quinns, my grandparents, have been very good to me, they've been my second shot at things, and I don't want to be a disappointment to them like I was with my parents." She smiled, and added, "Grandpa Quinn took me round to the Ministry offices in Whitehall, over the summer, to introduce me around. I think he's seeing about getting me a summer internship or something."

"I started out wanting to go into quidditch, but since I likely won't make first team until my seventh year, that's not likely to happen," Dani said, with a slight self-deprecating chuckle, when the subject of career paths came up. "Six years on reserves doesn't make for much of a highlight reel to show a prospective team. I started taking Wizard Law and Healing because the Quinns wouldn't have agreed to let me take Advanced Flying and stay on the team if I didn't. I added Cursebreaking because I figured it would be a good skill set in either case. Wizard Law is interesting, and I really like the Healing class. Its hard work, but I like helping people, and I like Professor Dechering, enough that I don't want to be her first student to fail their OWL. Its also why I hang out at the Dueling Club meetings sometimes, besides being with Leo and Tanya and Theo, oh, and Jean, of course, if something happens, maybe I can help. Working on Healing has actually helped me get better at my other 'wandwork' classes. If there's a place in life where I can use all of this stuff, I'd like that."

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:50 pm
User Image

c ฯ… r r e n ั‚ l y
                                                          xxxา“eelฮนngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxั‚ะฝฮนnฤธฮนngxxx

spaceAmata frowned at Dani's response, a small twitch forming in her eye. She understood wanting to show gratitude, but there was a limit to how much any one person should do as far as putting other people before themselves. "I'm sure they've been very good to you," she said gently, "But that does not mean you should concern yourself with their wants above your own. It is your life, you can't build it around their expectations. You'll make yourself miserable." A hand gestured towards the fifth year, the professor's concern evident on her face. "I assume your current exhaustion is because of exams? You've pushed yourself very hard... maybe too hard. You need to keep your own health and well-being in mind, always. As far as being a disappointment... Obviously I can't speak on whatever led you to think of yourself as such, but Dani, you're only fifteen. You're barely more than a child, and children make mistakes. If your parents consider you a disappointment, it's their failing, not yours. And you can't let the fear of failing others push you to fail yourself, either by making yourself unhappy with your decisions, or unhealthy because you didn't know when to relax and take care of yourself. No matter how 'good' to you your grandparents have been, they are not the ones who will be living with the decisions you make. You will. You have to be your own top priority, always." She paused then, then added, "Unless you decide to have children. Children are the only people in your life who should ever come before you, period. And only so long as they are reliant on you. Once they're grown, their decisions are their own."

spaceThe Gryffindor Head of House found herself hoping she wasn't talking to a brick wall. Dani was bright, but stubbornness and loyalty ran strong through most Gryffindors. The idea that she was working herself so hard in an attempt to avoid disappointing her grandparents, while understandable, was still very concerning, due to the severity of it. She sighed, then said, "If an internship is something that you want to do, I say go for it. But, make sure that you're doing it because you want to, not because you have to. It will look good on future job applications, but it's not necessary, and again, you're only fifteen. There's no need to cut your childhood so short. And, if you do decide to go through with it, make sure it's in an area you have actual interest in, not one you think will meet the expectations set for you, or that you think will look best on a transcript." Above all else, Amata really hoped that Dani listened to her. She was far too young to be so concerned with the opinions of others, even if those others were her grandparents.

spaceWhen the young woman started finally getting into the meat of the conversation, Amata listened intently, processing everything with a thoughtful expression. On the subject of Quidditch, she shrugged. "Recruiters really only look at the seventh year players, unless they've been told specifically to come look at someone younger. If you perform well your final year, you could still attract some interest. I wouldn't write it off entirely just yet," she said. The blonde fought to ignore the girl's comments on her grandparents allowing her to remain on the team, feeling a small spark of fury at the notion that they should be able to control the girl that way. If she wanted to play, she should be allowed to play. It wasn't right for them to force her to take lessons she didn't wish to take in order to keep her position. But, it was really too late for Amata to say anything in that regard. Besides, it did seem like she'd benefited somewhat from their meddling, so there was that, at least. "If you find Healing enjoyable, obviously there's the option of working for St. Mungo's. It will require a lot of work, as the requirements for both Healer and Mediwizard are fairly substantial. For Healer, you'll need at least an EE on your NEWTs for Potions, Transfiguration, Herbology, Healing, Charms, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Mediwizard is slightly less involved, requiring an EE in only Potions, Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. You'll also need to get an Apparation license for that, since they're the first responders in the event of an emergency." The former Gryffindor made a few notes for Dani's file then, taking a deep breath as she did so to collect her thoughts. "I would probably recommend you look into following this avenue, just based on this conversation. It's apparent that you may have enjoyed Wizard Law, but didn't get much out of it. Cursebreaking, you didn't say much on at all, other than explaining why you took it. Leads me to believe it's not really something you'd want to pursue. Which is just as well, since to be employed as a Curse-Breaker, you'd need a few lessons you didn't take." That was always the trouble with students whose electives list was short; sometimes she wondered if they signed the kids up for them too early. By the end of second year, half of them hadn't even considered what they might want to do with themselves, and three years later when they had this conversation with their head of house, they discovered that they didn't meet the requirements for what they'd decided they wanted to do. It could be quite frustrating trying to find an alternative in those cases.

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:29 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

Text

When asked about her current state, Dani nodded, and replied wearily, "Yeah, I haven't slept much this week, and I've barely been able to eat I've been so nervous. I've been preparing for OWLs since the start of last summer, and training myself the same way I did when I was learning how to swing a bat in cricket. I've working on exam prep when I wasn't otherwise occupied doing anything else all term, because I know a bad showing in OWLs could ruin any chance I might have of doing anything else later on. After we're done here, though, I'm thinking about staying away from the coffee, having a nice bowl of potato soup, crawling into my bed and sleeping for a couple days; I really feeling pretty ragged. I do want to make sure I show up for the last Healing Arts class, though, because Professor Dechering promised a special treat for those whom attend."

"I kinda am to blame for my parents' feeling towards me, though, Professor. Mother wanted a little girl whom liked frilly outfits and wanted to be a ballerina, instead I played cricket and football. When my magic surfaced, they knew I was going to be like my Aunt Bella and the Quinns, and not like them; Mom's a Squib and Dad's a Muggle. The day I got my letter, my magic went haywire and I accidentally hurt my brother was the proverbial 'it' for them. My brother hates my guts and runs from me, Mother won't speak to me, and Dad signed me over to my aunt like I was a secondhand motorcar."

Dani choked back a sob, and added, "I'm surprised the boggart didn't show up as my grandparents, instead it was my brother trying to choke the life out of me."

"Anyway," she said, as the conversation shifted toward the internship, "I think I owe it to my grandfather enough to check it out, at least. He told me if I wish to do well in any career I need to start meeting people and making contacts, because they're the one's I'll need to see about jobs and promotions and such."

"I was planning to take Apparation next year anyway," she said with a slight giggle. "The idea of being able to just go 'poof' and be somewhere else is just ace in my books. I found out I should have probably taken Ancient Runes and Arithmancy to be a real Curse-Breaker, but its too late now. I'd have to take three years of each simultaneously, and then score well on the OWLs, just so I could cram two years on in Seventh Year to take NEWTs on time. Short of having a TARDIS to get to classes there's no way I could pull it off. However, having a background with Cursebreaking and Wizard Law might give me a leg-up on other candidates trying to get into St. Mungo's. Kind of like the quidditch teams, there's lots of hopefuls, but not so many vacancies to fill."

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:14 pm
Grace Mitchell
Third Year Ravenclaw
Assignment #2

The Fountain of Fair Fortune

In the Beetle the Bard's story about the fountain of fair fortune, three witches and a muggle knight go in search of a fountain. This fountain's waters give good fortune to one individual once every year. The knight and the three witches each have a problem of their own: sickness, powerlessness and poverty, grief and longing, inept and simply have bad luck. They wish to find the fountain to turn their lives around. However by the time they get there neither of them really needs the waters of the fountain at all. Even the knight who was ultimately given the chance to bathe in the water never needed it. Truth was the water had no enchantment to make such things happen.

Why did the fountain work even if it wasn't enchanted at all?

It wasn't the fountain but the journey to get there that changed their fortune around. Working together it made them figure out how to change their own luck. One letting go of their grief. Another made a potion to help another with her sickness, only to discover that she could use her potion making to make money and make a living. The knight found out he really did have bravery like a knight should. Not to mention luck when neither of the witches that got him there needed the waters of the fountain. Bathing in the water the knight is then left to believe that he is now lucky and in turn asked one of the witches for her hand and heart. Ultimately the two came together allowing the one witch to let her old husband go.

As simple as it seems, we make our own fortune. However, sometimes we need support from others. Even something as simple as believing in fake fortune can make one believe their luck has changed. All that matters is that you believe in it and chances are it will come to make some kind of an effect.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:39 pm
User Image

User Image

Hษชsแด›แดส€ส แดา“ Mแด€ษขษชแด„ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€ || Sแด›แดœแด…ส แดา“ Aษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› Rแดœษดแด‡s

Grayson walked down the hall to Amata's office, a bottle of wine in hand and a box of chocolates under one arm, while his other hand held a package. He hoped that Amata hadn't gotten this book yet, but he wasn't sure. Besides, it was their anniversary (and he was quite appalled to realize he'd missed it for over a decade without realizing it) and he thought they could spend it together. There was also the added benefit of being in the same castle for it, so he didn't have to try to hunt down an owl to send it across an ocean or something because he was overseas. Which, that was very likely to happen considering how much he was itching to travel again since Joel had finally graduated Hogwarts. Maybe he could invite Amata to go with him to Egypt later during the summer? It wasn't like they had pressing engagements, unless he forgot something. Again.

Raising his hand to knock, he rapped on the door and cracked it open, hoping that Amata wasn't busy with a student. He knew she was the head of house, and she was often busy with students for one reason or another. He didn't see any students, so he guessed he was in the clear.
                                              "Hey, Amata, got a free evening? I figured we could spend it together since I'm not swamped." Sure, he was looking at end of term exams, but they weren't that bad. Besides, they both had been busy lately, so he figured a break was needed. Plus, he'd finally remembered their anniversary and checked the calendar. He had to write it down sometime in an organizer or something someday.

Thinking: Well, I hope she's not busy tonight.
                                              Taken By: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 pm
User Image

โ•“xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxยป wะฝere ยซxx
xxxHer Desk
xxxxxxxxยป wฮนั‚ะฝ ยซxx
xxxxxxxxxGrayson
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxยป า“eelฮนng ยซxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•œ

ฮฑะธโˆ‚ โˆ‚ ฮฑ ั โ„“ ฮน ะธ g , ฮน ฯ‰ ฮน โ„“ โ„“ ะฒั” xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ„“ ฯƒ ฮฝ ฮน ะธ g ัƒ ฯƒ ฯ… 'ั‚ฮนโ„“ ฯ‰ั”'ัั” ั• ั” ฮฝ ั” ะธ ั‚ ัƒ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ฮฑะธโˆ‚ ะฒฮฑะฒัƒ ะผัƒ ะฝ ั” ฮฑ ั ั‚ ยขฯƒฯ…โ„“โˆ‚ ั•ั‚ฮนโ„“โ„“ xxxxxx
                                                          fฮฑโ„“โ„“ ฮฑั• ะฝฮฑัโˆ‚ ฮฑั‚ ั‚ ฯ‰ ั” ะธ ั‚ ัƒ - ั‚ ะฝ ั ั” ั” xxx

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceAmata sighed faintly when she heard the knock on the door, figuring it was another student. Sometimes, being Head of House got a little exhausting. Not that she was planning on quitting any time soon, but it was late enough tonight that she didn't really want to deal with students. Apparently, luck was on her side, though, since it was Grayson who entered the room. Some of the tension left her body, shoulders relaxing as she gave him a small smile. Arching a brow at him when she noted that his hands were a bit full, she shook her head. "Free as a bird," she replied happily. Provided, of course, no students came by. But... hm. Well, it was late enough.

space"Do me a favor and lock the door behind you, dear," she requested, leaning back in her chair. The blonde twisted her hair up, sticking her wand in it to keep it pinned. After a moment's hesitation, she kicked off her heels, and propped her legs up on the desk. Locking the door meant that she was off-duty. It wasn't any sort of official system, of course, but it was hers. Most of her students ought to know by now that if the door was locked, it meant to come back the next day, unless it was urgent. Hopefully, no one would set anything on fire or fall out a window. Smirking at Grayson, she clicked her tongue and commented, "You seem to've come rather prepared." indicating the wine, chocolates, and... whatever else he had.

spaceIt was odd, because it looked rather like a gift, and they didn't really give one another many of those. Typically, it was just Christmas/Yule/whatever, since that was a set holiday(s) that a decent majority of people celebrated. Birthdays and the like were easy to forget, and she'd never been one to care about them much anyway. There were always the odd spontaneous "I saw this and thought of you" moments, but normally he wouldn't have given it to her until... Well, until she'd noticed it sitting in his office or chambers and commented on it. She'd acquired several little trinkets and books that way, noting them forgotten on a shelf and him confessing that he'd gotten it for her, only to forget it once he'd set it down. She was guilty of the same, so she didn't hold it against him. Besides, there were worse things for him to be than forgetful. "Did you want to stay here, or shall we go to my room?" she asked. It didn't matter to her either way, but when there was wine involved, they were probably better off with a bed being involved as well. Personal preference of hers, that. She tended to bruise.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

xxx ฮฑะธโˆ‚ ฮน'ะผ ั‚ ะฝ ฮน ะธ ะบ ฮน ะธ g 'ะฒฯƒฯ…ั‚ ะฝฯƒฯ‰
                                                          xxxxxx ฯั”ฯƒฯโ„“ั” f ฮฑ โ„“ โ„“ ฮน ะธ โ„“ ฯƒ ฮฝ ั” ฮนะธ ะผัƒั•ั‚ั”ัฮนฯƒฯ…ั• ฯ‰ฮฑัƒั•
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ฯ‰ั”โ„“โ„“ ะผั”, ฮน fฮฑโ„“โ„“ ฮนะธ โ„“ ฯƒ ฮฝ ั” ฯ‰ฮนั‚ะฝ ัƒฯƒฯ… ั”ฮฝั”ััƒ ั• ฮน ะธ g โ„“ ั” โˆ‚ ฮฑ ัƒ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ฮฑะธโˆ‚ ฮน ื ฯ…ั•ั‚ ฯ‰ฮฑะธะธฮฑ ั‚ ั” โ„“ โ„“ ัƒ ฯƒ ฯ… ฮน ฮฑ ะผ

User Image

xxยป โ•ณ โ™ฅ โ•ณ ยซxx
                                                          xxยป oฯ…ั‚ oา“ cะฝaracั‚er ยซxx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Richard was a tad bit nervous about having to speak with his head of house. Professor Harlowe he heard wasnโ€™t horrible. However, heโ€™d never personally talked to her. She apparently spent a lot of time with his history professor but the Gryffindor wasnโ€™t one for following those kinds of things. He was only doing this because Monika talked him into it. Since he wasnโ€™t prefect he supposed he could handle running the responsibilities of a club, even if it worried him more than anything else.

Going up to the door with his club form in hand, Richard took a break. He was a Gryffindor and if something scared him he needed to be brave about it. At least try for some nerve. Knocking on the door to the Gryffindor headโ€™s office, Richard mentally prepared himself for the conversation that was about to unfold. Of course the fifth year would probably make it sound like he was talking about his future verses just simply wanting to make a club.

With : No one...

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

Not afraid to be different!
                                      Well isn't that refreshing!
                                      Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                      Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:35 pm
User Image

โ•“xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxยป wะฝere ยซxx
xxxOffice
xxxxxxxxยป wฮนั‚ะฝ ยซxx
xxxxxxxxxRichard
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxยป า“eelฮนng ยซxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxInterested
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•œ

ฮนf ัƒฯƒฯ… ฯ‰ั”ัั” fฮฑโ„“โ„“ฮนะธg, ั‚ะฝั”ะธ ฮน ฯ‰ฯƒฯ…โ„“โˆ‚ ยขฮฑั‚ยขะฝ ัƒฯƒฯ…xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ัƒฯƒฯ… ะธั”ั”โˆ‚ ฮฑ โ„“ฮนgะฝั‚, ฮน'โˆ‚ fฮนะธโˆ‚ ฮฑ ะผฮฑั‚ยขะฝxxxxxxxxx
                                                          'ยขฮฑฯ…ั•ั” ฮน โ„“ฯƒฮฝั” ั‚ะฝั” ฯ‰ฮฑัƒ ัƒฯƒฯ… ั•ฮฑัƒ gฯƒฯƒโˆ‚ ะผฯƒัะธฮนะธgxxxxxx
                                                          ฮฑะธโˆ‚ ัƒฯƒฯ… ั‚ฮฑะบั” ะผั” ั‚ะฝั” ฯ‰ฮฑัƒ ฮน ฮฑะผxxx

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceAmata was somewhat surprised to hear the knock on her door; she didn't usually get visits from students this early in the year, and most professors knocked out of courtesy, but didn't wait for her to respond before entering. She set down her quill, and called out, "Come in!" the door opening in response to the verbal cue.

spaceShe was somewhat relieved to see that her visitor was not a prefect, which made it less likely that someone was in trouble. Richard Devereux did not look to be upset about something, merely nervous. She hoped he wasn't here to confess to something. Starting off the school year with trouble wasn't fun, and she'd done enough of that in previous years to last her a lifetime. The fact that it was a fifth year and not a first was also cause for some confusion, since generally any visits she did get this early on were from younger students with questions about the school. It couldn't be that, obviously. Hands folding over her desk, she smiled warmly.
                                                          "How can I help you, Mister Devereux?" she asked. Her face was a mask of calm, but inside she was praying it was nothing for her to be annoyed about. Richard was a good boy, she had a hard time seeing him being the source of any trouble. Still, it was always possible.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          xxxฮน'โˆ‚ ะฒฯ…ัƒ ัƒฯƒฯ… ัฯƒgฮฑฮนะธั” ฯ‰ะฝั”ะธ ัƒฯƒฯ… ั•ั‚ฮฑัั‚ โ„“ฯƒั•ฮนะธg ฮฑโ„“โ„“ ัƒฯƒฯ…ั ะฝฮฑฮนั
                                                          xxxxxxั•ั”ฯ‰ ฯƒะธ ฯฮฑั‚ยขะฝั”ั• ั‚ฯƒ ฮฑโ„“โ„“ ัƒฯƒฯ… ั‚ั”ฮฑั
                                                          xxxxxxxxx'ยขฮฑฯ…ั•ั” ฮน โ„“ฯƒฮฝั” ัƒฯƒฯ… ะผฯƒัั” ั‚ะฝฮฑะธ ฮน ยขฯƒฯ…โ„“โˆ‚ ั”ฮฝั”ั ฯัฯƒะผฮนั•ั”
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxฮฑะธโˆ‚ ัƒฯƒฯ… ั‚ฮฑะบั” ะผั” ั‚ะฝั” ฯ‰ฮฑัƒ ฮน ฮฑะผ

User Image

ยปยป โ•ณ โ™ฅ โ•ณ ยซยซ
                                                          xxoฯ…ั‚ oา“ cะฝaracั‚erxx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

Professor Offices

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas