Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Push-Up Bras...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chesiregirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 pm
So, push-ups. I want and need one. My breasts are fairly large, and I need extra support so they don't get saggy. My Mom refuses to let me get one, saying I don't need one. She's even forced me to get a bra with no padding at all, saying I "didn't need it" (because according to her all padding is meant to boost my chest size rather than cover me up).It's really embarassing; I want proper coverage and support for my chest. My older sister has a push up (her chest is smaller, but still decent-sized), as well as my best friend, whose breasts are roughly the same size as mine, give or take.
So, how do I convince my Mom that:
A. Push-ups are meant to SUPPORT your breasts, not "boost your cup size".
B. Minor padding is okay, and not meant to make your breasts look bigger but to cover what needs to be covered.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm
That my dear is very good of you. Push-up bras do indeed support you breasts more, but they can make them look larger, as they are pushing them up, creating extra clevage.

But I have 2, they are quite comfortable. They are certain types of bras that make your breasts look smaller than what they really are, if you a very large, eg. D, DD, F etc they make they appear smaller. A push-up bra is good, but I suggest you might want to op for a padded on instead.

To convince your mum: Maybe just write a list of pros and cons for both padding and push up.

I know I asked my mum, she just bought it, but I only have a B cup. Roughly what size are you? Because I think that if you are any larger than D or DD you might want to stick to a padded one.

Hope this helps ^^

emotion_bigheart

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:24 am
Push-ups might not be the way to go. I have a size B cup, and I hate push-ups, even with the size I'm at. One of the bras I have right now that I LOVE is my white under wire bra. It only has a liiittttle bit of padding at the bottom, but other than that, nothing, and it supports me amazingly! So I suggest an under wire bra if you want support.

As for if you are uncomfortable with your bras and bra size, don't worry. Every girl is different. My boyfriend seems to think my B cup is just fiiiinnnneeee. ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 pm
M i n i R e d S t a r s
That my dear is very good of you. Push-up bras do indeed support you breasts more, but they can make them look larger, as they are pushing them up, creating extra clevage.

But I have 2, they are quite comfortable. They are certain types of bras that make your breasts look smaller than what they really are, if you a very large, eg. D, DD, F etc they make they appear smaller. A push-up bra is good, but I suggest you might want to op for a padded on instead.

To convince your mum: Maybe just write a list of pros and cons for both padding and push up.

I know I asked my mum, she just bought it, but I only have a B cup. Roughly what size are you? Because I think that if you are any larger than D or DD you might want to stick to a padded one.

Hope this helps ^^

emotion_bigheart

I'm not sure, but I think I'm a D. The women in Victoria's Secret measured me and said I was "D in a normal bra, but DD in demi". I also wear C and B bras from different stores, though they don't fit quite as right as my D bras from VS. So I'm guessing i'm D. And to clear it up, I'm fairly sure my sister is B and my friend is C. But I've been told VS bras exaggerate size, so I'm not sure, but somewhere in the C-DD range.  

chesiregirl

J e n R e i

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:18 pm
wow that sucks. What wrong with bigger looking boobs? As long as they are supported and not look like old lady boobs. Anyways,I am a 34C and get push up bras,they help make certain tops look better and are comfortable,depends where and how much you spend on them. Non padding bra seem uncomfortable since its not supporting,you might as well not wear a bra. Just save up some money and buy bras without her around and hide them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:25 pm
chesiregirl
So, push-ups. I want and need one. My breasts are fairly large, and I need extra support so they don't get saggy. My Mom refuses to let me get one, saying I don't need one. She's even forced me to get a bra with no padding at all, saying I "didn't need it" (because according to her all padding is meant to boost my chest size rather than cover me up).It's really embarassing; I want proper coverage and support for my chest. My older sister has a push up (her chest is smaller, but still decent-sized), as well as my best friend, whose breasts are roughly the same size as mine, give or take.
So, how do I convince my Mom that:
A. Push-ups are meant to SUPPORT your breasts, not "boost your cup size".
B. Minor padding is okay, and not meant to make your breasts look bigger but to cover what needs to be covered.

Not sure, but perhaps you can show her some proof to convince her? Whatever you do, I think you ought to handle it as rationally/maturely as possible so she doesn't automatically put the label of "daughter just wants a big bra" label on you. If you talk to her like you know what you're talking about, perhaps she'll let you convince her that it's perfectly fine for you to get one.  

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Siiyuan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 pm
i'm asian so i'm pretty much flat so i'm not sure sorry
i wish i had tits LOL  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm
If you're looking for support then underwire is where you need to be looking, that isn't what a push up bra is for.
You're mother is odd for not letting you get your own bra of choice. I hate over controlling parents. (mine weren't, that I am grateful for)  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lady Anonymys

Durem Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 pm
Do not try to convince her. Ask her to maybe drop you off at the mall so that you can go shopping with your own money and then buy one.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 pm
Something you might want to look into is a bra with full coverage and some padding, but potentially not as much as a push-up. I don't know the brand or what the bra is called, but if you have a Target in your area, check their lingerie section and just start trying on bras in your size. You'll find it when you put it on lol. Granted, this particular brand isn't super pretty and lacy like I love [the one I have is nude and is slightly silky], but it is darn near the most comfortable bra ever. xD As a bigger busted girl, the last thing you want is a demi bra. They give little to no coverage, in my experience.

Warning: All genuine advice stopped in the last paragraph. If your mother doesn't take snarky sarcasm well, don't listen to me: Next time it comes up, you might also remind your mom that boobs do look rounder and bigger when they're well supported [lol]. It's not that you're trying to make them look bigger, it's just that you're trying to be good to your back [which is true. Busty women who wear the wrong bras do get more back pain and headaches]. Then, ask her if she would prefer you to be hunched over and have your boobs sagging to your waist when you're in your 40s because she wouldn't give you a descent bra. Might change things if you put it back on her. rofl

xX A m a - S a m a Xx

Chatty Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Popular Thread 100
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items