11%  [ 3 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 am
A strange bit about my personality you all may not know is I LOVE SNAKES.

Yep cold blooded glorious glittering slithering natural wonders. Love them to death! 

When I was growing up I wanted to be a herpetologist. Long story short, I had to let that dream go but my love of reptiles has always persisted. 
So I settle for snake jewelry, snake art, pet snakes ( yay cheeto! My lovely little corn snake of nearly three years), being very proud of being a snake on the Chinese zodiac and  playing all froms of snake based characters in nearly every roleplaying forum (when permitted of course). 
Needless to say when we got snake familiars here in the shop I nearly wet myself. My girl blake is most certainly getting one as soon as my other familliar quests are finished. 

However with this new familiar type and now that i find a majority of my role playing done here i have yet to dabble in my serpentine desires. My question is this Is it possible now that we have snake familiars in any way to quest for a pure or cursed snake skinwalker? I'm more than willing to write approvals for the shop to look over to prove my role playing capabilities and follow any strict guidelines you may set.
No night time activity, No super, effective poison, ect 
Lol trust me I've been severely handicapped and still enjoyed myself. 
*crosses fingers*   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:08 am
**Not an official answer*

Any walkers that do not yet have templates have to be obtained via RL customs/auctions/bribes/events in which you can get a custom pure walker.

It's not really a case of powers (since skinwalkers don't really have any powers other than the shifting?). Those things you listed could just be quirks or things unique to him/her.

The poison would have to be something you'd need to get approved before, I'd imagine. It could be a case of only being able to be used once a day etc'.

But yeah, as far as I know, any of the familiar species can be come walkers (though I think there was talk of a few of the more cutesy ones being barred from this cause.. a hummingbird walker? bunny walker? XD) I think snake should be fine, though. o:

I'd like to see it, that's for sure. o vo  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:11 am
*also not an official answer* But I'm pretty sure LOL's right. You can get any familiar as a skinwalker (upon approval), but unless there is an existing template they are considered mutants and only be obtained via bribes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 am
*Nods* Last I checked/when this was discussed when I was staff - the above are correct - "Custom" skinwalkers (species that do not have templates) are obtainable through the same fashion as/considered mutants.

There are a limited subset of species allowed as PUREwalkers last I checked, but any familiar species can be a cursed skinwalker (in theory, it's just the first animal that a newly cursed skinwalker kills and dons their pelt).

I don't know how the newer familiar species will apply to purewalkers - if any will be allowed - condors probably will since they're birds of prey, and they have templated bird feet - but even though a snake kind of fits the bill thematically of something that might be allowed for a purewalker, IDK what kind of feet that would come with X3.

But tl;dr - Kamiki & LOL should be right.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:23 am
*would suggest scaled legs for the feet*

Love the idea. And seriously laughed at the bunny-walker idea Lolly. Can you imagine that cute little face as a pelt....or an evil version of anything for that matter XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 am
slimycrow
*would suggest scaled legs for the feet*

Love the idea. And seriously laughed at the bunny-walker idea Lolly. Can you imagine that cute little face as a pelt....or an evil version of anything for that matter XD

Oh I could definitely picture a creepy/evil rabbit X3.

Frank the Bunny

Might need a heavily edited or custom version of the rabbit familiar though.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 am
I couldent figure out what kind of feet it would have either. Honestly I'm leaning toward it haveing birds claws rather than paws and if it was going to be a mutant slot anyway he would most certainly be covered in glistening scales head to . . .ummm claw? Lol.

The question now is . . . Do we have RL commission slots anymore?

* cough quest art would also be loved as my doodles leave much to be desired*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 am
Sirenz was the only one given permission to do the RL commissions, so no, no one else can do them (we're only doing the ones people have paid for already and the colorists that take over don't really get anything but the satisfaction of finishing a pony for them ;3)

As for walkers... Just keep your eyes peeled? They're slowly a comin' xD  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 am
Sabin Duvert

There is also the Monty Python bunny XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm
Revel1984
Sabin Duvert

Omg yes please someone quest for that!!'  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 pm
I would still LOVE to see Usdia skinwalkers for smaller species, like foxes, rabbits, bobcats, ferrets, etc. /personalopinion  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:57 pm
SummedUp
Revel1984
Sabin Duvert

Lol..  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 pm
SummedUp
I couldent figure out what kind of feet it would have either. Honestly I'm leaning toward it haveing birds claws rather than paws and if it was going to be a mutant slot anyway he would most certainly be covered in glistening scales head to . . .ummm claw? Lol.

The question now is . . . Do we have RL commission slots anymore?

* cough quest art would also be loved as my doodles leave much to be desired*
*cough you know you can pm me when theres a need for that*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:25 pm
SummedUp
Revel1984
Sabin Duvert

Chesh has tried for that. iller rabbit of chernborg. sorry bad spelling keyboard is....fickle.

but as thre r limited bribe slots, she's only tried the once. pretty sure she did get permisssion a year ago or so.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:28 pm
Kamiki
I would still LOVE to see Usdia skinwalkers for smaller species, like foxes, rabbits, bobcats, ferrets, etc. /personalopinion

its small but fierce!  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces