Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Sisters coming to the same college...help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I over reacting?
  Yes, you are D:
  No, it's ok to be upset
View Results

ashleyjordan

Beloved Worshipper

9,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:22 am
I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, I am very happy that my younger sisters have decided to go to college and that they like mine so much but...just this once I wanted something to be mine.

I am the eldest of seven children and have shared everything my whole life. Usually I am fine with it and it's actually a blessing to be that close to them. But I already left my previous college for numerous reasons but also because I am a set of triplets and we all went there freshman year. I realized it wasn't the place for me, so I branched out and found my own path...

And now others are jumping aboard a train that I thought held room only for a single passenger.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 am
So my question to you is:

What's your opinion of this, am I just being selfish & overemotional? How do you think I should handle this? Please explain & I would love to hear any advice you're willing to share heart  

ashleyjordan

Beloved Worshipper

9,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 pm
User Image

I personally don't see the problem unless they are in the same major as you and have the same teachers. And if not then you'll just see them around campus when you see them.

I would rather have my sisters going to my college than my whole high school. It was just kind of unpleasant to know I had to see these people again but in a different setting.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 am
little aishi chan

I personally don't see the problem unless they are in the same major as you and have the same teachers. And if not then you'll just see them around campus when you see them.

I would rather have my sisters going to my college than my whole high school. It was just kind of unpleasant to know I had to see these people again but in a different setting.

Thanks so much for the reply!

Yeah you're probably right...my new college is large so I probably won't run into them that much anyways. It still defeats my wish to finally go off on my own since I've gone to the same highschool with all of my siblings for my whole life sweatdrop

Oh well, maybe it's for the best smile  

ashleyjordan

Beloved Worshipper

9,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Idia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am
When they start applying for the same jobs as you, then you should be worried. wink
They are trying to find their own path, too. It may not split off just yet. Speaking as a baby of 6, it's easy to go somewhere that you know is good when someone else has been there.
You probably won't see them all the time, and if you do feel like seeing them you can plan lunch some time.
Don't go someone just to get away from your family, go somewhere that has the best program for what you want to do.
Make your talents and your work your own.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:21 pm
you shouldn't be too worried about it, even if they go for some of the same classes as you there's tons of professors teaching the same course normally. and there's no problem with going to the same campus as siblings, between schedules and other activities you might not even see each other that much, not to mention i doubt you'll be sharing a dorm together if you live on campus. just relax, besides, to be honest i think being one of seven siblings, you were probably bound to have someone else go to the same college as you anyways  

StrayKit

ashleyjordan

Beloved Worshipper

9,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 pm
StrayKit
you shouldn't be too worried about it, even if they go for some of the same classes as you there's tons of professors teaching the same course normally. and there's no problem with going to the same campus as siblings, between schedules and other activities you might not even see each other that much, not to mention i doubt you'll be sharing a dorm together if you live on campus. just relax, besides, to be honest i think being one of seven siblings, you were probably bound to have someone else go to the same college as you anyways

But that's what I think everyone is forgetting-I've already gone to college before with my two other triplets. Now that I finally found a school to make my own, the others just had to choose the same one. It's not that big of deal anymore and probably will be a very nice thing. I guess I was just a bit bitter and disappointed in the beginning because no one seems to understand what I'm just a little upset about.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:53 pm
                    oooh, i'd be ticked if this happened to me- i'd hate it if my twin decided to tag along and go to the same college as me.

frankly, i completely understand the whole "i want it to be mine and mine alone" feeling- compromising on birthdays, being compared to eachother, etc. etc. it's enough to make someone's head spin a lot of the time, isn't it? and then you go to college and you're your own person and it's all your own and..
                    ..then they tag along. (insert headdesk here)

no, you're not being selfish. hell, i probably would have been passively-aggressively complaining about it.

and really, you can't change where they're going at all. personally, i'd show them around, help them out with directions and give them a few tips. and the rest i'd let them figure out themselves. i might casually mention that college is a time to branch out, too, but that's just probably my passive-aggressiveness rearing its head.

so.. yeah. late reply, but i hope it helps! ^^

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

ashleyjordan

Beloved Worshipper

9,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am
Dancehall Hysteria
                    oooh, i'd be ticked if this happened to me- i'd hate it if my twin decided to tag along and go to the same college as me.

frankly, i completely understand the whole "i want it to be mine and mine alone" feeling- compromising on birthdays, being compared to eachother, etc. etc. it's enough to make someone's head spin a lot of the time, isn't it? and then you go to college and you're your own person and it's all your own and..

no, you're not being selfish. hell, i probably would have been passively-aggressively complaining about it.

and really, you can't change where they're going at all. personally, i'd show them around, help them out with directions and give them a few tips. and the rest i'd let them figure out themselves. i might casually mention that college is a time to branch out, too, but that's just probably my passive-aggressiveness rearing its head.

Yes, this has helped a bunch! It's just...so nice to know that someone understands that you're not being a complete jerk! I think you're right about the passive-aggressive complaining, I did that for a bit because no one understood but now that I am here & that college has started, it doesn't seem like that big of deal that they are coming here anymore. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them again smile Showing them around would be fun & I'm sure this whole thing will turn out nicely. Thanks for caring~  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:45 am
ashleyjordan
Dancehall Hysteria

Yes, this has helped a bunch! It's just...so nice to know that someone understands that you're not being a complete jerk! I think you're right about the passive-aggressive complaining, I did that for a bit because no one understood but now that I am here & that college has started, it doesn't seem like that big of deal that they are coming here anymore. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them again smile Showing them around would be fun & I'm sure this whole thing will turn out nicely. Thanks for caring~

you're welcome! and i have the same problem- people think i'm getting worked up for no reason and being a complete and utter jerk when my twin does this or that- same with her when i do this or that, too. definitely a downside.

and passive-agressive complaining is hardly ever productive. it does make you feel a bit better sometimes. or is that just me. :l

and that's awesome! ^^

and no problem! feel free to quote me if you need help with anything, alright?

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Meline Moon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:48 am
Well depending how big the college campus is, you most likely won't run into them. Although strange things do happen, when I was in college I kept running into this girl from highschool that I disliked. We didn't even share the same classes/major. xp

Unfortunetly, I can't give you any advice, I am a younger sister. My brother is five years older than I am, so I wasn't in college the same time he was. Also, we went to different colleges.

Maybe your sisters feel safer going to your college? College is a big change and stressfull enough with new classes/new experiences. It may be comforting to know that you are close by, and not in some far away college.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:31 am
Awwh! Honey, that is nothing. I'm the baby of 7, and I was in a highschool of 34 with ALL OF THEM! I go to college with three, and I have yet to see them "around." I quite like having them here, so if I run out of money, I can get one of them to loan it to me! I know it seems bad now, but trust me, it will be better. Life will work it out for you.  

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items