Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
How do you know if you are on the right path?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 pm
How do you know if you are headed into the direction where God wants you to go?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 pm
I wonder the same thing all the time...it's so hard... All I've really been able to rely on is this:

James 1:5-8 --> 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Matthew 7:7 - Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

You just have to pray and trust that God will lead you down the path of His will. Of course, seeking Him is also apart of the requirement. God reveals is will in different ways to different people. Some through dreams; some through random Bible passage opening; some through feeling; some through signs (which may or may not be bad events); and so on. Those who have a closer relationship with God find it a bit easier to be in the center of His will. To bring this to a close, pray and seek God; you will find Him. Believe.

That's all I can say. Sorry I can't help more...  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
I wonder the same thing all the time...it's so hard... All I've really been able to rely on is this:

James 1:5-8 --> 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Matthew 7:7 - Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

You just have to pray and trust that God will lead you down the path of His will. Of course, seeking Him is also apart of the requirement. God reveals is will in different ways to different people. Some through dreams; some through random Bible passage opening; some through feeling; some through signs (which may or may not be bad events); and so on. Those who have a closer relationship with God find it a bit easier to be in the center of His will. To bring this to a close, pray and seek God; you will find Him. Believe.

Thats what I do everyday. Sometimes I feel like He is doing something, then sometimes I get confused and unsure of where I'm meant to be. I've been a Christian since I was a little girl. It was easier as a child, but as I'm older it isn't as easy. I am trying to go back the way I was when I was a child.. and guess I have to seek Him as my adult self, which I have been, and pray and believe that I will eventually be led to where I'm meant to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:48 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Thats what I do everyday. Sometimes I feel like He is doing something, then sometimes I get confused and unsure of where I'm meant to be. I've been a Christian since I was a little girl. It was easier as a child, but as I'm older it isn't as easy. I am trying to go back the way I was when I was a child.. and guess I have to seek Him as my adult self, which I have been, and pray and believe that I will eventually be led to where I'm meant to be.

You could always ask a close friend (who has a close relationship with God) or pastor (or other spiritual leader) for help and prayer as well. Daniel got his pals and asked them to pray with him when they needed God's help in interpreting Nebuchadnezzar's dream to keep them alive. Daniel was a pretty boss guy, so I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't just pray by himself but also got his close-with-him, close-with-God friends to pray with him. Prayer in numbers can always do amazing things.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:37 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

You could always ask a close friend (who has a close relationship with God) or pastor (or other spiritual leader) for help and prayer as well. Daniel got his pals and asked them to pray with him when they needed God's help in interpreting Nebuchadnezzar's dream to keep them alive. Daniel was a pretty boss guy, so I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't just pray by himself but also got his close-with-him, close-with-God friends to pray with him. Prayer in numbers can always do amazing things.

So true. I was involved with a church. I'm new to the area.. well kind of. Kind of stopped going though because I tried to volunteer and they never called me back and also they got a new pastor and I was so used to the old one. Maybe we will go back and give the new one a try.. just each time we went it was always the elder pastor. We could always try a different place too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:16 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

So true. I was involved with a church. I'm new to the area.. well kind of. Kind of stopped going though because I tried to volunteer and they never called me back and also they got a new pastor and I was so used to the old one. Maybe we will go back and give the new one a try.. just each time we went it was always the elder pastor. We could always try a different place too.

Well I hope all goes well concerning finding the right church. smile  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Well I hope all goes well concerning finding the right church. smile

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:56 pm
Reading your Bible (KJV) every day helps  

Robotic Chewie2590

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 am
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

If you feel confused and unsure, then stop and pray to God, and ask if this was the path he was leading you down or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 pm
When it comes to the right path, it's going to always involve a lot of faith from you, and you being willing to trust in God. It's hard, yes, but it makes us stronger and able to withstand anything that might oppose us.

Besides, the right path is something you can find right in His Written Word. We see it right there.

It's a place of appropriateness, gentleness, and kindness towards our opponents, and always praying for our enemies so that God can bring them to repentance. (2 Timothy 2:24-25; Matthew 5:44-46)

Consider the holy things, things that are good, lovely, of God, righteous. Think of these things every day:

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
(Philippians 4:8 )

Our true religion is this: be with the widows and orphans in their sufferings, and to remain unstained from the world. (James 1:27)

And orphans aren't just children you find in orphanages or alone on the street. Anyone without a father is an orphan. People who come into Christianity without their parents are orphans. They need us, and we need each other.

Know the love of God. Pray on it, and practice His love towards your brethren. (1 Cor. 13)

Follow the Commandments of our God.

Lay down your life for your brethren, and help to carry their burdens. (John 15:13; Galatians 6:2)

Do not pride in yourself, and do not provoke others. (Galatians 5:26)

Avoid foolish and senseless arguments and debates. They only cause quarreling. (2 Timothy 2:23)

Do not curse your fellow men, who are creatures of God. (James 3:9,10)

I'm sure I could find plenty of other examples of the path God wants us to take, but these are the ones that stand out to me the most. This is the path He laid down for us, through His Son and the apostles.

And while it looks nice to someone who wants to obey God and Jesus, it's actually a pretty hard path. It's hard to be good, especially towards others; it can be downright exhausting. Our hearts, most of the time, want to be selfish and idle to God's commands. That's why the path is narrow, and not everyone will be able to follow it. But our God knows us, and He knows that if we rely on Him and trust Him, we can go down this path.

It takes a lot of faith to follow His path towards heaven, and many people fail over and over. Sometimes those who some of the greatest servants of God will have the darkest of moments, and feel like God isn't really there for them because the life of a saint is not easy. It can run us down, but it's Satan that wants us to use that moment to give up. Don't give up. Keep praying, keep thanking God, and keep taking your afflictions to Him. He will pull you through that darkness.

If you feel like you don't know what to do as a Christian, and feel like you're confused about your place, I think a good thing to do is read about people who've been faithful Christians in the past. One of the best books I've been trying to read and get through is called Story of a Soul (you can read it for free online). It's about Saint Therese of Lisieux (aka The Little Flower). Yes, she was a Catholic (for those who are not favorable of Catholicism), but the way she lived her life is very inspiring. She became a nun when she was just 15, and for nine years, she lived a life that was very simple but very Godly.

However, she had her moments where she felt very far away from God because life wasn't easy, especially when she was sick with TB. It eventually killed her when she was 24, God rest her soul, but she lived a life so holy and unique that she was made a Doctor of the faith and was canonized. Amazing, right? So if you're interested, definitely look up that book.

May our God and His Son bless you. - Candie

kdke

Anxious Noob

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm
What makes me sure of my Christian faith is:

+Bible prophecies being fullfilled
User Image

+Creationism and Christian Apologetics
--- http://www.answersingenesis.org/
--- http://www.icr.org/
--- http://yecheadquarters.org/index.html
--- http://www.creationism.org/
--- http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/

+The beauty and complexity of the universe (admiring God's creation)
User Image

User Image

+The world's hate for Israel and the Jews (Anti-Semitism)
--- Dear Muslim, let me tell you why I believed
--- Why Do People Hate The Jews?
--- Why Does So Much Of The World Hate Jews?

+The existence of Atheism
User Image

User Image

+Personal experiences with the supernatural
--- My Testimonies & Dreams Collection

EDIT: Sorry, I realized I was probably incorrectly answering your question. How do you know if you're on the right path? Pray to God for Him to help guide you, and that He can use you to serve Him to fulfill plans He has for you and other people. Also, read your Bible to stay in touch with His Word.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm
Thanks, all of you, it really helps.  

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas