Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Media
Help out a worthy cause in the place that needs it most!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guiteau

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask.

I am working for a theatre company in Lynchburg, VA this summer and they are going to be putting on a show: Bare.
Bare is a story of two boys in a catholic boarding school who fall in love, but have been raised in fear and can never really be who they are.
The show, in addition to the issue of Homosexuality discrimination, deals with bullying in all of its forms, for all people.
It is a really power piece and needs help to be put up.

We are putting it up in Lynchburg, Va. I'm not sure if you are aware of what's in that town, but it's Pastor Jerry Falwell Sr.'s home town, and he started the Moral Majority and Liberty University. If you are gay at Liberty, you get kicked it. It's a lot of people who just need to learn to be accepting, but also a lot of people who are just plain afraid to come out. Parents send their kids to Liberty to try and turn them straight. That just aint right.
We are hoping to be a voice for those who have had no one tell them it's alright to be who they are.

Anyway, I know this is long, and may seem needy, but do me a favor and just check out the Indiegogo page and see what we are about. We have already received some hate mail about putting on the show, and are reaching out to get support. Even if you can't help out, spread the word to someone who may be able to. We have a long way to go but wont give up.

Thank you guys so much!!

Bring BARE to Lynchburg, VA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:10 pm
If this kind of thing isn't allowed in the guild, I'm sorry. I'll take it down. Just thought that it was definitely something worth sharing. ^_^  

Guiteau

Media

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff