Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Extreme Conservatives on Homosexuality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iMarimba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 pm
I found this website and in all honesty it brought me to tears.

I know that there are homo-phobes, but I didn't know just how terrible, biased, and narrow-minded some can be. Like this shatters my heart to see this hatred.

I was raised in a Christian household, and I've learned that only those who have not sinned can cast the first stone. No mortal on Earth has lived without sin, and in these articles people have claimed to kill homosexuals. Do people not see that's as bad as lynching African-Americans?

I wish people could be open-minded and loving. Not condemning and hateful.
I wish things like this wouldn't happen. I am not a hippy or a satanist. I'm just a 15 year old girl wishing for a better planet.

With the knowledge of this hatred, I feel i have to do something about it. I know that I should just ignore like a bad youtube video, but I can't find it in my heart to do that anymore. I want to stop this hatred.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 pm
Reminded me of a site that I ranted about in another guild not too long ago, I think it was called Exodus. I found terribly offensive.

Sites like these are so hateful and stereotypical and ignorant. Some of the stuff people say or do is just sickening. I am pretty sure the Chriswire is more of a sick joke though, not serious as I heard about it before.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Rainbow Neko Fairy

Clean Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 pm
I'm not even going to bother clicking the link you've provided. I heard enough in the words that followed it. I wish people would just stop with their homophobia. And, it's not even homophobia at this point; it's just flat out stupidity. Big ******** deal. Two guys are walking down the street holding hands. At least they're not robbing a store holding guns. Seriously, people just need to shut the hell up and accept the fact that we're here and get the hell over it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:36 am
iMarimba
I found this website and in all honesty it brought me to tears.

I know that there are homo-phobes, but I didn't know just how terrible, biased, and narrow-minded some can be. Like this shatters my heart to see this hatred.

I was raised in a Christian household, and I've learned that only those who have not sinned can cast the first stone. No mortal on Earth has lived without sin, and in these articles people have claimed to kill homosexuals. Do people not see that's as bad as lynching African-Americans?

I wish people could be open-minded and loving. Not condemning and hateful.
I wish things like this wouldn't happen. I am not a hippy or a satanist. I'm just a 15 year old girl wishing for a better planet.

With the knowledge of this hatred, I feel i have to do something about it. I know that I should just ignore like a bad youtube video, but I can't find it in my heart to do that anymore. I want to stop this hatred.

User Image
Christwire is just an example of POE'S LAW,translation it's a parody site of fundamentalist christian news sites just like landover baptist church or objective ministries are parodies!!!  

NocturneKefka666

iMarimba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 am
NocturneKefka666
iMarimba

User Image
Christwire is just an example of POE'S LAW,translation it's a parody site of fundamentalist christian news sites just like landover baptist church or objective ministries are parodies!!!

Oh thank goodness. That takes a heavy weight off my heart.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:23 am
Hahahaha, Christwire is a hilarious troll/parody site. Their article on Skyrim being a gateway into gay orgies cracked me up.

What's truly sad is that you know their are those few crazy, extremist religious folks who actually believe the site. I guess Alabama's going to have some new residents lol.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Lustful Memoir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 am
I don't really think this has anything to do with the original post but being gay myself I wrote a small thing about what Homosexuality is to me on my profile if anyone wants to check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:06 am
I ain't surprised. Alabama was the state that had thw govorner saying it was legal to kill a black man. The nerve of some people. Alabama is known as the most hating state in the world. It is basically the founding place of the KKK's most violent movement. If you don't believe me, maybe this movie trailer and clip will show you.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgbJFv5sIKM

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3APAsWvIl0&feature=related

(the clip shows the arrogance of Alabama's racist and homophobic people.)  

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:26 pm
As the great actor Charlie Chaplan once said as part of a speech in The Great Dictator, "...only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural."

Here's a link to that scene, if anyone is interested.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:19 pm
Your Dream Fan Fiction
I don't really think this has anything to do with the original post but being gay myself I wrote a small thing about what Homosexuality is to me on my profile if anyone wants to check it out.

Please don't hijack other people's threads.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 pm
Barrett Jaeger
As the great actor Charlie Chaplan once said as part of a speech in The Great Dictator, "...only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural."

Here's a link to that scene, if anyone is interested.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made

Dude, that was touching. I'd like to be friends with you cuz we got some things in common like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 pm
People who do things like this are just stupid.....But of course everyone has their own opinions on things like homosexuality....and yeah its horrible but you know how people are.....I dont know how long it'll be until they learn that we are all the same and love is love but everyone needs to keep positive things in their mind at stay away from negative things like that...  

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:36 pm
      Oh my god. thankfully this is a parody of all those people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:48 pm
These people ould say what they like
but ******** with the green lantern

AND WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM

http://christwire.org/2012/06/dc-comics-releases-green-lantern-sodomite-superhero/  

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items