Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iorhea Angellus

Feral Saint

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 am
I had mostly negative experiences with meditation. The entities I made contact with were not benign; though they came in a non-threatening light, I could feel they were fiendish, not friendly. The kind of meditation that calls for "emptying your mind" or to utilize binaural beats led to spiritual attacks for me. In scripture, I've come across an example where music has the ability to expel evil spirits (like when David played the lyre for King Saul in 1 Samuel 16:23), but I can't help but wonder if the opposite is true: certain types of music drawing evil spirits towards us instead of away, which I think was the case for me. Meditating over scripture is biblical, anything else I've learned to be cautious about.

Quote:
Joshua 1:8

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

So, be careful of the type of meditation you're partaking in.

In the early stages of my spiritual journey, I didn't start with scripture (which has its pros and cons), but I desperately wanted contact from anything "divine"; that led to a very open participation in everything from magic to astral projection (or at least attempting to). I prefer to keep the method undisclosed, but I would request "advice" from these entities through a certain type of divination and this one time I asked who I was communicating with and it claimed to be an angel(s). Of course, I wasn't very bible savvy at the time (nor a believer) so I didn't think to ask if they were "fallen" or not, which in hindsight I'm pretty sure they were. They would reveal the lies people told me; sure, I got the answers I wanted and knew beforehand how to catch people in their lies or avoid their traps, but it led me down a very bitter path, destroying my relationships with people, not building them up. I would say on only one occasion did I interact with a possibly benign angel and it only did so to intervene during one of those "attacks" that had become frequent (namely, the negative "light" entity trying to take me out of my body and this serene voice was trying to help me stay inside). After repenting of various new age practices, the attacks ended and the serene entity didn't bother contacting me again.

From my experience, I would say that if one were to stay within the "boundaries"—the protective confines of scripture/ YHWH's commands—there's no need for them to make direct contact with us (I'm not saying they're not around protecting, just that they do not need to establish communication, unless they were commanded by YHWH to deliver a message). Once we venture out of our protective cage, prepare to make contact not just with your angels, but with evil entities because now you're fair game, you're operating outside scripture/his commands. Maybe someone else can help us here, but I don't think there's a single verse that encourages us to initiate contact with them (I know verses like Heb 1:14, Ps 91:11, & 34:7 say angels are sent to help us, but nothing comes to mind about us seeking to communicate with them first).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces