Submit

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am
Ok ladies help me! I am the quiet girl. I want to wait for a guy to come to me and say hi to start a conversation. But that is less and less likely. How can i not be nervous. I am 17 and never have gone on a date or had a true boyfriend. I have had guys that are friends but not a boyfriend. what can (if anything) I do so i am not so nervous?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am
Oh, I used to be incrediably shy as well.
To combat my quiet-ness, I got involved with school's clubs and activities, such as band. That way, I could spend more time with people who shared common interests; doing so allowed me to speak up on what I thought was interesting and important. After awhile, I found myself speaking with class-mates I didn't know, and that included the boys.

When I realized that boy cooties weren't so bad, I too, struggled to understand how girls flirted/got noticed. It was a relief when I saw that you don't need to wear revealing clothes or anything like that; all you need to do catch his eye, and that can be done by simply smiling as you walk by in the hallway. But always remember, as cliché as it might sound, the best way to snag a good boyfriend is to be yourself. (: That means when you speak with a guy, don't worry about anything, just speak what you feel on whatever topic you might be discussing.

I hope this helps~ >w<

Cherry-x-Sorbet

Tipsy Guildswoman

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 am
Cherry Ki
Oh, I used to be incrediably shy as well.
To combat my quiet-ness, I got involved with school's clubs and activities, such as band. That way, I could spend more time with people who shared common interests; doing so allowed me to speak up on what I thought was interesting and important. After awhile, I found myself speaking with class-mates I didn't know, and that included the boys.

When I realized that boy cooties weren't so bad, I too, struggled to understand how girls flirted/got noticed. It was a relief when I saw that you don't need to wear revealing clothes or anything like that; all you need to do catch his eye, and that can be done by simply smiling as you walk by in the hallway. But always remember, as cliché as it might sound, the best way to snag a good boyfriend is to be yourself. (: That means when you speak with a guy, don't worry about anything, just speak what you feel on whatever topic you might be discussing.

I hope this helps~ >w<

Little bit, I am in band and school clubs. I still though struggle talking to guys. in the school club i am in, Guys don't seem interested in what we are doing so there usally are no guys. (key club)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:22 pm
I used to be really shy with guys as well, until my best friend did something that broke me out of my shell forever rofl (I will spare you the story on that)

You're 17 right?! I'm sure you're attractive & have looks that will make any guys head turn wink Just be confident! Just go up to a guy & start a conversation with him.

I usually go up & say "hi" or if I'm trying to find a seat in a crowded room, I say "is this seat taken?" & then I'll take a look at him. What he's wearing, what electronics he has, what he's doing...etc & just ask questions to get a conversation going.

The most important thing though is to BE CONFIDENT! biggrin don't go looking for a "possible boyfriend". Have the attitude of "I'm gonna talk to this guy & whatever happens, happens".  

BellaRose2011

Friendly Regular

20,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 am
BellaRose2011
I used to be really shy with guys as well, until my best friend did something that broke me out of my shell forever rofl (I will spare you the story on that)

You're 17 right?! I'm sure you're attractive & have looks that will make any guys head turn wink Just be confident! Just go up to a guy & start a conversation with him.

I usually go up & say "hi" or if I'm trying to find a seat in a crowded room, I say "is this seat taken?" & then I'll take a look at him. What he's wearing, what electronics he has, what he's doing...etc & just ask questions to get a conversation going.

The most important thing though is to BE CONFIDENT! biggrin don't go looking for a "possible boyfriend". Have the attitude of "I'm gonna talk to this guy & whatever happens, happens".

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:22 am
MiracleRayray2
BellaRose2011

Thanks

You're welcome 3nodding  

BellaRose2011

Friendly Regular

20,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash