View Results

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:43 pm
Most of my life (at least since I first started developing a chest), I've had trouble finding a good swimsuit. The problem, for me, lies in finding one with both support and great style. Swimsuits that give enough support are nearly impossible to find. I see so many swimsuits on sale during the summer that I know I'd love to wear, but there's no way I'd ever buy most of them because I know that it'd be like wearing a limp rag over the top. XP It's just awful. Even swimsuits that are my size don't always give enough support.
I asked for advice on this before in another thread in Gaia's Fashion section, and someone recommended a few websites to me that provided swimsuits with underwire in a bra-like manner. Unfortunately, one of the websites was Canadian and didn't ship to the U.S. The other, I'm guessing, was too expensive.
Which, we all know, is another major part of the issue: cost. xd
Victoria's Secret, like everything else, sells some good swimsuits, I have no doubt. But I made the mistake of purchasing one of their online (in a "large," as they didn't measure this particular one by cup), and found it to be atrociously small. Seriously, there's no way that thing was a large. I tried it on and couldn't believe what I saw. =(
I even asked a V.S. employee if they ever sold swimsuits in-store (as obviously it'd be better to try it on first), and sadly, the closest V.S. store that actually sells swimsuits in-store is 2 hours away from where I live. =P

So, I'm curious - aside from my own swimsuit troubles, what kind of swimwear do you guys like to wear? Do you ever have any problems with swimsuits? What do you usually look for - color or style (or both)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 pm
I say, look for stores that sell bikinis tops and bottoms you can mix & match. They're often relatively cheap, and you don't have to pick anything you're not entirely comfortable in. For instance, I bought a bikini top somewhere, one that fits me, and then boys swim trunks elsewhere. No money wasted, total comfort.  

sterek

Tipsy Genius

dawnwolfee

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:48 pm
Yes, comfort is so hard to find in swimsuits! I bought a really cute bikini top from Roxy awhile ago that was perfect when I tried it on but when I actually wore it I had to keep pulling at it >.<

I think some of the best places to go for swimsuits are Pacsun and Victoria's Secret (although admittedly way too much padding). Also, if you're still looking for a swimsuit, I know that American Eagle is having a sale and they have all kinds of swimsuits but unfortunately you can probably only order them online.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm
dawnwolfee
Yes, comfort is so hard to find in swimsuits! I bought a really cute bikini top from Roxy awhile ago that was perfect when I tried it on but when I actually wore it I had to keep pulling at it >.<

I think some of the best places to go for swimsuits are Pacsun and Victoria's Secret (although admittedly way too much padding). Also, if you're still looking for a swimsuit, I know that American Eagle is having a sale and they have all kinds of swimsuits but unfortunately you can probably only order them online.

Yeah, it sucks when it feels like they work at first but then you just end up tugging on them. XP I always used to have problems with neck ties, which chafe the skin too much, so I quit buying them if I could help it.
I actually didn't know Pacsun sold swimsuits. =o I might have to look into them and American Eagle...although yeah it does kinda suck you can only get them online...kinda risky especially when it comes to swimsuits.
I think what Victoria's Secret ought to do, like with most swimsuits, is just make the padding removable. I dislike padding in swimsuits unless it's absolutely necessary for cover-up purposes.

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items