Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
This is probably why I'm single.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:59 pm
So, I'm texting with a friend, talking about this website that has listing for work you can do for room and food (usually, sometimes just room).

He then mentions that he's interested in this. Am I? Would I like to go out with him?

Cue 10 minutes of slight panic and wondering if he is serious or if he was getting a kick out of phrasing the question as such (Honestly, he would do that. He's one of those people that likes to make people uncomfortable at various points. And it's hard to tell when he's kidding sometimes.). Because do most people just tack that question onto something unrelated?

Of course, as I slightly panicked, he texted "into the world" before I could actually stop and respond. Who knows if that's what he meant or not. (Yeah, I know. Next time, less freaking out, more asking what he meant). Hopefully, he meant that one, for him.
Either wayyyy...
I think I know why I haven't had a girlfriend or boyfriend. 8D Because people potentially asking me out makes me panic.

Oh, my life. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 am
Dude, no worries. It's hard to figure people out.

I've only sorta dated people, never been someone's partner/girlfriend outside of long distance stuff. Because people are hard to figure out. And a bunch of bastards. 8D  

Biohazardous Lollipop

iBeatrice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 pm
He might've been testing the waters, seeing how you'd respond. And after waiting 10 minutes, he tried to diffuse the tension from what he just said. Or he could just be an awkward person in general, if he says awkward things around everyone in any situation.

It's a fun kind of panic, though, if it's a person you're actually attracted to. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:26 pm
He apparently thinks I'm aromantic (I'm honestly not sure why other than he insensate need to "figure out" everyone's label and inform them of it.), so I'm going to go with a no on this. That or if he does, he shouldn't be biting because he's asexual, and I'm really not sure how a relationship between someone who is only romantically attracted to people but not sexual attracted to people and someone who is (as he thinks, apparently) sexually attracted to people but not romantically attracted to people would really work out.

Thank baby Jesus.

Now I just got to tell him to stop trying to figure out my super specific ~special label~ and that no, I'm not aromantic. Kthanksbai.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Biohazardous Lollipop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 am
He sounds like a c***e.

People trying to define someone else's sexuality are annoying. D;  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:08 pm
Lol. Slightly, honestly. He can be amusing, but he's not someone I would hang around all the time because he can be a douche who likes to be super specific and right.

I agree. He's told someone who identified as pansexual that she was actually demisexual. While she had said that she didn't become attracted to people until she knew them, I feel like if she sees herself as pansexual, then shut up and just agree. xD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:07 pm
Try and relax. Don't rush into a relationship and say what your feeling, be straight forward.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:57 pm
It's hard trying to text and understand people. You never fully understand what is going on. Hope things work out though,if he was interested it might be brought up again in the near future.  

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out