Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Suggestions & feedback
too many sub-forums

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 am
Is there a way to use the main page of this forum more for subjects and have less sub-forums? There are SO many now that I feel like I am certainly missing something if I have to click on every one of them to see if there are new posts.
I personally would prefer there to be many less and it would be easier to check for new posts. I know on the main guild page I get the last 5 or whatever, but if there were more than that since my last visit, I have to check everywhere to find out.

Is there a reason we aren't using the main page more? The stuff you want at the top can still be stickied and then it's easier to find.

Also, perhaps it is time to look at everything that is stickied and make sure it's still stuff that needs to be.

Just my thoughts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am
As the guild dictator.... I am joking! mrgreen I do see how it can be difficult finding topics in the list of sub.forums I have made. I have an urge to have everything categorized, and orderly, but things that seem orderly to me might not seem orderly to someone else. We should be able to shorten the list down quite much. Perhaps getting rid of the chatterbox and using the front page is a good idea, and instead as you say sticky topics that should have priority, like for example the different Bible versions.

Let us hear what other people have to say on the matter. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:53 am
Garland-Green
As the guild dictator.... I am joking!

Thank you, that made me laugh!
Really though, it IS your guild to do with what you'd like, and I agree, I like things orderly as well, I just don't have as much time here as I would like perhaps sometimes and I like to know what's going on. I just want to save myself time clicking them all.

I think some of the differentiations could be combined though even, like Prayer and Praise reports (prayer requests, testimonies) Bible Study and Inspiration and interpretation. Banners and Art could just naturally become divided between entertainment and technical depending what it was for...
Maybe main could be used for chatter and questions and answers?
Whatever happens, if these change any or not, I still love this group. I was not coming to Gaia for long periods because not a lot of interest for me, but this makes this place of interest for me. Even if nothing changes, I will still come here. wink Thanks for a great guild  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:13 pm
I suppose I don't have problems finding all the topics because I remember what sub-forums they were in xd and everytime I check on the guilds - check each individual sub-forum and it doesn't usually take me more than 5 minutes to do that unless I'm responding to a thread or checking on one of my own threads separately.

We never have used the main forum unless it was for the daily bible verses and everything else. I kind of like that style in my person opinion because it seems slightly neater, but it would be an idea to transfer what is in the Chatterbox to the main forum. I don't see the harm in that. Then after that, delete the Chatterbox thread, or make it a different topic. Or find ways to combine topics into one sub-forum maybe. I dunno what else to suggest, though, since the current style doesn't bother me.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Suggestions & feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items