Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Street City: Single Hero (Spartan x Zelly) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 pm
Street City is filled with different sorts of Heros and Villains! However, the focus of this story is not on all of them in the city, but instead of one Hero named Joker, and her arch enemy, Infurnace. Their powers, hers the control of paper, and his, the control of fire, both hate each other with the bitter sense of how opposite they are.

On the other side of things, we have their regular selves. Ruri Knight, a sweet girl who helps her rather awesome mom, Camille, with her bookstore. Nicholas, a regular nerd with his dirty little secret of being a pyromaniac who loves to hang out at the book store with his best friend Ruri, who has pyrophobia.

To look into these two lives and how they interact with each other makes for an amazing story, not only of their battles as enemies, but of their feelings as friends as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 pm
I look good right?:
User Image
Well if you must know, my name is: Ruri Knight
I have this many candles on my cake: 15
Please keep this a secret. My hero name is: Joker
Here's what I look like in costume: Wearing this with this mask.
I have an amazing power as well!: The ability to manipulate paper! It can be razor sharp and hard as steel if I want it to, and with enough of it I can turn it into weapons, animals, and anything else I can think of. Doesn't work with fire or water though....
There is a story behind this all: My dad was an author since before I was born and my mom owned a book store. Match made in heaven, huh? Guess it's no wonder I turned into such a bookworm. They got me into reading pretty early on and I was reading dad's mystery novels by the time I finished middle school. Unfortunately, he died before then. I was ten when the restaurant next to our book store caught fire. It spread, and the store went up too. Dad stayed behind to make sure mom and I and the rest of the customers all got out. I didn't want to leave him behind so my mom had to carry me out. I remember reaching for him when the books inside suddenly flew off the shelves and tore themselves apart, the pages swirling around as if forming a shield around dad. Fire beats paper, though, and both he and the shield had been burned up before the fire department arrived. A few things changed that day. Obviously, I discovered I had this odd little power of mine. Second, I developed pyrophobia, a fear of fire. I can't even light a match now without starting to shake. Third and last, I decided I'd make use of my power to help people, and try to do what I can so no one else loses someone precious like I did.
This is also a secret so don't tell!: I guess there's someone....I mean, we've been friends for a while now, but I never stopped to think about taking it further than that...
Other things about me?: I'm a bookworm with pyrophobia. Like I said, don't even try to light a match around me, please...
There's someone in my head?: Zelly-fangirl

I'm always looking my best!:
User Image
If I must tell you, my name is: Nicholas Webelton
I don't think my Birthday is something to talk about: 15
You better not tell a soul about this!: Infurnace
It makes it easier to steal!: I can create and control fire at will
I look fantastic in my costume!: Infurnace
My backstory isn't that special: As a kid, I've always had a knack for burning things. My parents knew something was wrong when they started to notice all of the burn spots in the backyard as well as all of the missing lighters my dad kept trying to find. It may have been an addiction, but not a power. I realized my power when I was six. My father left my mother, tired of all of the stress and problems I kept causing. I was oblivious to this until my father told me right in my face how much he hated me and never wanted me to be his son. This burned away at me and still does to this day. As soon as he walked out the door, I ran the opposite way to the backyard, wanting to try to let off some of my own steam with some fire. I flicked on the lighter and all of a sudden the flames swirled all around me, engulfing me in flames! I was about to scream, but I realized that I was in no pain at all. It slowly formed into a ball and down at a tree, burning that instead. A fire call later, I was slowly learning how to control this power, it changing my look and also giving me something to play with. I started becoming Infurnace when I was twelve, causing havoc everywhere and just burning what I pleased. I don't really rob that much, but I do when I want to by something awesome.
This is more secret than anything else!: I do like someone, but I don't have to guts to ask her out yet
Anything else?: I hate water. Sure I take showers and all but there short and sweet. After that I try to never let water touch my skin.
There's no one in my head!: spartan309

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:55 am
"Well this has been a fun day...." Ruri sighed as she stared up at the thundering sky. She stood next to her mom as they hid under a bus shelter near the cemetery while praying the pouring rain would stop. It had been five years since Adrian Knight died and the two of them had been paying his grave a visit as they always did each year. The sudden storm was a surprise though and now they were kinda stuck without an umbrella. "Hopefully Joker doesn't need to work today, because she'd be downright screwed."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am
"Stupid.... stupid... stupid..." Nicholas uttered as he was walking home in the storm, umbrella up, rain coat on, and even his rain boots just to keep the rain from touching his skin. "And today I wanted to go burn stuff too..." Nicholas reached home and started to take off all of his rain gear, putting it up to dry and quickly drying his hands from the water.

Nick went up to his room, taking out his phone. He decided to give his best friend, Ruri, a text, to see if she's holding up well in this storm.

'Hey. You doing alright? This storm is brutal.'
He texted her, laying on his bed as he watched the shines of lightning and listened to the booming thunder.

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:26 am
'Could be better, but could be worse. Could be wetter too.' Ruri texted back with a small smile as she sat down on the bench. 'What a day to be visiting the dead, huh? We're stranded out here by the cemetery with not an umbrella between us.'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:46 am
"Well wetter would be worse..." Nick said to himself as he sent another text to Ruri. 'I can ask my mom to pick you guys up if you need it. She's not doing anything important anyway.' He offered, wanting to help his best friend and her mom get out of this nightmarish weather.

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:54 am
'Mom was thinking of just grabbing the bus or hailing a cab, but I don't think she'd complain if she got to save a bit of cash. If you could, that'd be great.' Ruri texted back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am
'Alrighty! I'll get right on that!' Nick texted and then went down to get his mom, who was currently sitting in the living room with their cat.

"It's really booming out there isn't it?" She joked with a laugh.

"Yea, it's pouring out there. Hey, can you do a huge favor and pick up Ruri and her mom? Their out at the bus stop by the cemetery." He asked her.

"Well I didn't plan to go out in this... but since it's to help your friend, I go do that now." She said with a smile, getting up and grabbing her keys.

"Thanks mom!" Nick said with a smile as she went off to go get them. 'She's on her way. I would go, but I really really don't like rain' He texted her as he walked back to his room.

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:30 am
'Remember who you're talking to. I'm not too fond of the stuff, but you don't see me melting like the Wicked Witch of the West!' Ruri texted back jokingly. "Nick says he's asked his mom to come pick us up, so you can stop grumbling about the bus fee." she said looking up at her mom with a smile.

"Awesome. I can't wait to take a nice hot shower when we get back. Maybe some hot cocoa too. And the Snuggie." Camille said as she put her wallet away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm
The cemetery was almost across town from where Nick lived, and the weather didn't make it easy either, but his mom was able to get to them in about twenty minutes.

"Get in you two! Don't want you both getting sick in this terrible weather." She said to them in a cheery and sorta creepy tone only a mother could make.

"Your looking great as always Camille. How's the store going? Nick's been out their pretty much every single day and it amazes me how much he loves reading." She asked, striking up a conversation with Camille as she drove them home. Her name is Taylor by the way.

Nick was messing with his hair, a past time he does whenever he's bored at home since he can't burn things. He got his hair clips and started to work away, shooting a text to Ruri.
'Hey, are you two okay now? I'm currently just messing with my hair again and stuff. How do you think hair clips look in my hair?' He asked her and then sent her a pic of him giving a rather adorable smile.

(maybe I should find a pic for Nick's mom for the lulz. Also, I like giving Nick more of a girly attitude too, playing with his hair and whatnot)  

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 pm
"Well we haven't hit any road blocks yet." Camille said with a smile. "Of course, if it weren't the family biz, I could probably coast by on my husband's royalties, bless his soul."

'Adorable!' Ruri texted back with a smile. 'But I think you're missing something. Throw on that fedora-looking hat of yours. Not that I think you'll be going out any time soon today...'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:38 pm
"I wish I could say the same for my job. It's getting harder and harder to live as a teacher with a growing boy in the family. And the kids now are just getting dumber and dumber! If only they were like our kids, reading and being overall great students too." Taylor said as she rants about her job before realizing where they just came from again. "Oh so sorry for my rudeness. My regards to your husband." She then said to her, feeling bad about blabbing so much.

'My hat? Hmmm... I'll give it a look' He texted, putting on his favorite fedora and looking in the mirror. He then sent another pic of him to her with his hat on. 'How's this? I think I look pretty cute myself but what do you think?'

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 pm
"It's fine, it's fine..." Camille said waving off the faux pas. "No offense to the dead and all that, but it kinda stops being a big deal after five years, you know?"

Ruri blushed a bit and sunk down in her seat, hoping neither mom saw her. 'Perfect! So what's the occasion, mister hydrophobe?'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:52 pm
"At least your husband loved you... My "Man" decided that he hated my son and took off..." Taylor said bitterly as she drove.

'Awesome! The occasion? The occasion of sheer boredom my dear Ruri!' Nicholas said, trying to sound complex in text. 'I'm just super bored and stuff.'

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 pm
Ruri giggled as she replied. 'Any way I can help?'

"...I think we need a change of subject. How's Nicholas doing these days?" Camille asked, seeing it just went from one touchy husband topic to another.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff