Submit

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:37 pm
I love Russian food - that is, what little I've tried of it.
But what I have tried is absolutely delicious, in my opinion.
When I was living in San Fran, I'd occasionally stop by a Russian bakery and try some of their things. My favorites were definitely medianyk (Russian honey cake) and pirozhka (or pirozhki?)
These are the top 2 Russian foods I'd like to learn how to make. Sadly, Russian food is hard to find anywhere, unless there happens to be a community of Russian people nearby or something.

Has anyone else tried Russian food, or takes an interest in it, or is Russian and knows about the food?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 am
Ayniu

I never heard about Russian Food but I hope its good heart  

cIawnie

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:21 pm
cIawnie
Ayniu

I never heard about Russian Food but I hope its good heart

I don't suppose you happen to live where you have access to some, even in a restaurant? =)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm
Ayniu

Im not really suree  

cIawnie

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm
cIawnie
Ayniu

Im not really suree

Either way it's worth looking up. It'd be interesting to hear how you like the food, if you're able to taste it. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 pm
I am Russian and I fully agree, Pirozhki are delicious! Especially with meat... heart xD. I can ask my grandma and try to get you a recipe ^_^.  

Chocolates_and_Kisses

Fashionable Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

cIawnie

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:02 pm
Ayniu

Yep emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 pm
Hm, I've never had Russian food.
In fact, I have no idea what it looks/tastes like...
and I don't know what the dishes would be called.

I am now intrigued to try and find place near me and try~ {:<

Cherry-x-Sorbet

Tipsy Guildswoman

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:09 pm
Chocolates_and_Kisses
I am Russian and I fully agree, Pirozhki are delicious! Especially with meat... heart xD. I can ask my grandma and try to get you a recipe ^_^.

That would be so wonderful and kind of you! =D I appreciate it so much, even whether you can get it or not. ^_^
I'm thrilled you're Russian, too - surely you can tell me about the different kinds of food you guys have over there that just can't be found here in the states. emo
And yes, Pirozhki are sooo tasty. >o< I always got the meat ones, too. I couldn't resist buying at least 2 whenever I visited that restaurant/bakery. XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:12 pm
Cherry Ki
Hm, I've never had Russian food.
In fact, I have no idea what it looks/tastes like...
and I don't know what the dishes would be called.

I am now intrigued to try and find place near me and try~ {:<

Wonderful! ^-^ Though not so much if you can't find the cuisine anywhere... sweatdrop Perhaps we can start a movement to make Russian cuisine more common in the U.S. Just so long as they don't butcher it like a lot of other foreign food restaurants. >o>  

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Chocolates_and_Kisses

Fashionable Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 pm
Ayniu

We have a restaurant here called Salut (it used to be called Kiev, where I'm from razz ) it's just a small place owned by one of our close friends and she's the head chef. She makes these meat ponchiki (basically the same thing as pirozhki) and I could eat those ALL DAY! they're the most delicious thing ever! And my grandmother is on vacation right now so I can't ask for the recipes yet >.<. Another Russian food, which I'm sure you can find in the states, is borscht. I don't know if that's how it's spelled in English, haha, but in Russian it's borsch. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:19 pm
Chocolates_and_Kisses
Ayniu

We have a restaurant here called Salut (it used to be called Kiev, where I'm from razz ) it's just a small place owned by one of our close friends and she's the head chef. She makes these meat ponchiki (basically the same thing as pirozhki) and I could eat those ALL DAY! they're the most delicious thing ever! And my grandmother is on vacation right now so I can't ask for the recipes yet >.<. Another Russian food, which I'm sure you can find in the states, is borscht. I don't know if that's how it's spelled in English, haha, but in Russian it's borsch. ^_^

Oh man, I am so envious of you. xd Not only do you live in Russia but you have a friend who is the head chef at a restaurant! Talk about world's luckiest person, lol. ^^
A Russian friend of mine once mentioned ponchiki to me, and he made it sound really good. =o They're smaller than Pirozhki, aren't they? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Yes, we have borscht at least, and I'm sure it's spelled the same way. =) Funnily enough, for all the access we have to it, I've never tried it. It's made mostly of beets, isn't it?

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Chocolates_and_Kisses

Fashionable Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:24 pm
Ayniu

Oh, I don't live in Russia (Ukraine is where Kiev is razz ) anymore, I live in Canada, haha. Man, do I wish I was back in Russia! I still speak the language, celebrate the holidays, etc... And yes, it is mostly beets. It's made from beets but has different things inside. It's amazing! I have to go but I'll be back ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:30 pm
Chocolates_and_Kisses
Ayniu

Oh, I don't live in Russia (Ukraine is where Kiev is razz ) anymore, I live in Canada, haha. Man, do I wish I was back in Russia! I still speak the language, celebrate the holidays, etc... And yes, it is mostly beets. It's made from beets but has different things inside. It's amazing! I have to go but I'll be back ^_^

Oh, of course; I got my places mixed up. >< Sorry. You said you were Russian so I assumed it was somewhere within the actual borders.
I'm sure you miss it - I do sometimes wonder why people leave their home, but everyone has a reason, I guess.
Alright, thanks for enlightening me. ^_^

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 am
We have a Russian friend. She makes cabbage soup and borscht a lot.
If you can find a native Russian nearby and get along with them it might be worth a shot to start a recipe exchange with them or take turns making for each other. That's what we did.
Found out our friend doesn't know many Russian food recipes but more Indian and German foods oddly.  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff