Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do you believe you can change things?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magic-bam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:44 am
That maybe one day you'll make a difference in the world
Or just that you'll change lives?

I feel like I'll do big things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:06 am
Amen to that, brother. The smallest grain of sand can cause a ripple in a stream. Try something. Anything. And it will make a difference somehow.

I know I can make a difference. I know I have made a difference. I can see it in the faces of people I know. Just by getting up in front of them and singing or leading a few songs, I can make their day brighten up. And even if it's just that, it's made a difference.

Perhaps, if I get enough people to read this, I can make an even bigger difference. At least, in how people think about things.  

SKBCTayuyaFluteofDeath

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150

Koujo no Omoide

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 pm
I have changed things, if we're assuming free will exists, and know I will continue to do so.

Since '05 I've prevented three people from killing themselves.
Since '06 I've convinced two people to quit drugs.
Since '08 I've saved three lives from non-suicide related things.
These are just the major things I can think of at the moment, and the ones that I know of.

In the future, the only goal I have is to create a device or medicine that changes how the body uses and digests Sodium so that people with frequent heart attacks can relax a bit on their diets.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 pm
Of course! Like Yoda said, "Always in motion, the future is." The sooner people realize that the actions and thoughts they take now will somehow, affect the future they walk down upon. Even if they're such a negative thought, it could very well happen because your mind can put so much power and energy into it, eventually it will become into fabrication. So, yes, in some cases I can change things even if its just something very small. There are many things I want to change, one being the way people view medicine and mental illness.  

Rikusi

Invisible Reveler

8,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items