Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amy Pearl

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:42 am
So, what are your hair length goals if anyone has any? Also what kind of shampoo do you use. Nightly hair style, braid or down?
Just talk about your hair. Any special things you do to pamper it?

I recently got some organic shampoo. Its called Renpure Organics, My Pretty Hair is Parched! and my hair feels soft, looks nice, and not frizzy anymore. My goal is waist, then hip length. I secure it in a braid at night. And I don't do a lot to pamper it, I'm a shower, towel dry, braid, take it down, and leave it as it is.

Your turn ^^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 pm
Amy Pearl
So, what are your hair length goals if anyone has any? Also what kind of shampoo do you use. Nightly hair style, braid or down?

I don't exactly have a length goal, but I tend to grow it out for 2 years between cuts. (My hair used to stay at my hips, but I've been cutting it to my collarbone with suicide bangs on the right side). That's how long it takes to grow to full length, so I donate the braid again.

I tend to use no conditioner- my hair s naturally oily, and I've learned that conditioner kills the purpose of the washing- and Salon Selectives Full Volume for oily hair. It's rather hard to find such shampoos where I am- everything is "curly," "dry," et cetera. I find this stuff really cuts down the oil, and it's really mild, so it doesn't make my sensitive scalp burn or flake.

Since my hair is rather short, I tend to just take a bobby pin and tuck my bangs out of my face and pin the top of my hair so my side-parting doesn't stray when I'm sleeping.

I don't tend to pamper it- I'm a wash, towel-dry, brush, blowdry, brush, then style type of person. I don't really know how to pamper my hair...  

Alice WR Ashdown

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:02 pm
Amy Pearl

I recently got some organic shampoo. Its called Renpure Organics, My Pretty Hair is Parched! and my hair feels soft, looks nice, and not frizzy anymore. My goal is waist, then hip length. I secure it in a braid at night. And I don't do a lot to pamper it, I'm a shower, towel dry, braid, take it down, and leave it as it is.

Your turn ^^

My hair is halfway down my back, but it used to be down to my waist. Twice before, people have cut it shorter than I wanted to, and while it has always grown back, it hasn't grown as long as I'd like it to in a long while. I've actually been really concerned about my hair lately, and I'm certain that stress/depression is making it unhealthy.
My hair is very fine, not to mention oily - which is why I dislike going even one day without washing it. I use a few different kinds of shampoo/conditioner - mainly the Organic brand and Loreal. I've tried more expensive shampoos and conditioners, but some of them made my hair in worse condition. >< Biolace I thought was good, but oddly enough, the Biolace volumizing shampoo kept making my hair limp - which is the biggest hair pet peeve for me.
I'm using a daily leave-in treatment to help my hair to grow out more. I miss the way it used to be, ;__; Ideally, I'd like to have it down to my waist again. I don't want it to be too long.
As for daily care, I shampoo and condition it every day, usually. I also blow-dry it using a mix of hot and cool setting. Sometimes I put a bit of oil in the ends of my hair, that eliminates frizziness and makes it softer. I try not to iron my hair too often, but will use a flat iron on occasion.
Last but not least, I spray a little on the roots to help volumize it.

Sounds like I do too much with my hair. =) Maybe that's why it's thinning.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:12 pm
Amy Pearl

Your turn ^^

I'm ashamed to say that, due to currently having no money, I've been using one of those bottles of complimentary shampoo that they give you in hotels. Fortunately, it came from a really really fancy hotel in italy, so it actually is pretty nice. Plus, I'm japanese/italian, so I get really... er... greasy. The plus side to that is my hair stays really healthy, but I have to wash it a lot a lot to keep it from looking gross. Right now it's fairly short, but I really would like it to get down in between my shoulder blades someday...  

Alice Kensington

Agent Mallard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 pm
Curly, my hair is about to the end of my boob, and straight, it's almost to my waist. I'm always going back and forth between cutting it or keeping it growing, though I could probably go for a haircut, as it has been a few years, and my hair has gotten kind of heavy.

Naturally, I have beach-y type waves, but to get them just right, I spray some Bumble and Bumble Beach Spray into my hair (mostly on my roots for a bit more lift) and blow dry until it's almost dry and then just let it air dry the rest of the time. If it still looks kind of funky sometimes I even it out with bed head texture paste, put it in a fish tail braid for about 20 minutes and take it out and BAM. It looks awesome.

I've also been getting more into up-do's lately. such as buns, with a boho braid on the side. Or really high messy buns tied together with big scrunchies or headbands!

I love hair so much. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm
Agent Mallard
I love hair so much. eek

I love hair too, and I was using Sulfate shampoos.. my hair was always frizzed at the ends and my bangs, now I'm using my new organic stuff, and I swear its better than it's ever been. Never going back <3 I love braids, especially right out of the shower, cuz my hair looks wavy and my bangs curl around my face. Oh, and did you know Sulfate can lead to hair thinning? By the way, what are some of your favorite braids?

Amy Pearl

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200

Rooney Faire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am
I have mixed hair (black and European), so my hair is in little ringlets about the width of my finger. It's a few inches passed my collar bone.
I sometimes straighten it and it's so soft and it's really long (like a little passed my shoulder blades). But the problem is, is that my hair doesn't grow!! :p
But I don't really pamper it. Like, my shower has a lot of different products and I always change what I use and it appears to turn out well (I don't have a problem with frizz or split ends, but my hair can be really greasy if I put in too much conditioner every day). For conditioner I mostly use Moraccan Oil and Pantene and I alway use an Afro pick to brush through it. But I like my hair because when it dries it stays curly and never gets frizzy even when I'm done swimming in chlorine water, so I like it because it always turns out good with very little effort xd
But I really love my hair and everyone likes playing with it lmao.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:01 pm
I have a Clara Bow bob going on right now. It's chin length, and angled long to short in the back. It's also dyed redish brown, so I use Redkin color protecting shampoo and conditioner to keep it locked in.

Normally I just brush my hair straight, then blow dry. If there's pieces sticking up or doing funky stuff, I'll use a flat iron.  

Queen Lucia

Sparkly Leaf

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:12 pm
I've never really cared that much about my hair, but recently my brother has talked me into shaving half my head (similar to Skrillex, in case you need a visual). I'm thinking of buying all sorts of hair products like barrettes and bobby pins to help style it (I've never really had any of those before).

For shampoo/conditioner, I just use whatever my parents buy me. Should I care about that more? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:22 pm
My hair is over my shoulders by now and I want to have it a bit longer, but with curls... But my hair doesn't support it for too long since it easily gets all 'bleh" when I do my hair sad It only looks good for an hour or so ; A ;

I do wish I could do something more with my hair, but I'm quite clueless about it. So if anyone has tips for me, please share them :/

xoxo  

lissje

J i Y e h

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:49 pm
My hair length was past my shoulder... But my salonist told me like 2inches of my hair is badly damaged, so I had to chop those off. Now it's just up to my shoulders. ^^ I want my hair to be just past my shoulders again, but not badly damaged lol. I have very thick and somewhat oily hair, mostly dry though. I just leave it down now because my hair is too short to put it up, but I usually put it either in a single/double braid or pony tails.
For shampoos/conditioners I generally just use Pantene... I've tried other kinds of shampoos/conditioners and found my hair really likes Pantene, so I've been using that for years now.
I don't really do anything special to it... maybe straighten it, but that's about it. If it gets too dry I use a deep sea mask on my hair, it makes it really soft and smooth afterwards.
I really want to learn how to curl my hair though. I love that soft curl look. heart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 pm
My hair length is at the middle of my back, but it's cut in layers and v-shape (due to having so much frizzy hair xD ) so there are shorter parts that annoy me most of the time like my bangs that are reaching my chin (finally).
I wash it every 3-4 days because I have an annoying dandruff situation. After I towel it dry I put on some anti-frizz cream and tie it up in two pig tails, curling the ends so I have neat curls in the morning.
I made the mistake of spending 2 years ironing it every week. Despite all the heat, my hair survived pretty well (thanks to Dove's Heat Defense shampoo + SEXYHAIRORGANICS' moisturizing treatment, really good stuff), except for the ends. But I don't want to cut it just yet, regardless of how dry they are. T^T
Well, my goal is to have it reach my waist, silky smooth, and shiny. I want to have it in its naturally wild and wavy manner.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:48 pm
well, I've never cared about my hair that much, it's just there.
it's a bit past my butt and I'm considering getting a pixie cut (I absolutely adore the beautiful Michelle Williams' hair as well as her herself) cause it's getting me so annoyed to the point where I'm getting paranoid about it and going overload on hair ties and bobby pins to keep it up.
I only use Suave products (just because of how nice it smells sweatdrop )
I don't really do anything at night, cause when I wake up, I straighten it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:47 pm
i dont really have a hair length goal now(after having it cut recently)
but i did manage to make it reach near my lower back
during that time
i was planning to reach it until hips
but in the end i stopped
because my hair is getting on me(with it being hard to dry, and all)
my friends said that my hair is naturally straight and soft
but i knoe before its kind of wavy
dunno how i managed to make it like that
i just do what i normally do
shampoo it properly, comb it everyday and the like o.o
oh yea i rarely use conditioner  

yuintakie_yuki

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:20 am
I would love longer hair; mid-back length.

But short hair suites me.

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces