Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Suggestions & feedback
A few big suggestions here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

allibeepbeep

5,100 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 pm
1. Look for affiliates. ( Both of my guilds need an affiliate the one with more people in it would prob be your best bet.) Just IM me if you want to do that.
2. Advertise in signatures, Journals, etc.
3. Lot's Of CONTESTS!!!
4. A chatterbox sub-forum in the guild forums.
5. Don't just put bible verses in your announcements, You can also teach meanings of verses and stuff ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm
allibeepbeep
1. Look for affiliates. ( Both of my guilds need an affiliate the one with more people in it would prob be your best bet.) Just IM me if you want to do that.
3. Lot's Of CONTESTS!!!
5. Don't just put bible verses in your announcements, You can also teach meanings of verses and stuff ^.^

1. Affiliates may be good - although, that one I feel is up to Garland in the end since it is his guild =]

2. My advertisement is in my signature. I just equipped a link to this guild on it, but it doesn't have the guild's name in particular. I agree that it would be near to have pre-made advertisements. There was a banner contest in one of the sub-forums that I don't think anyone entered. I would if I had the right programs for it. Perhaps you can check that out?

3. Contests were something I suppose the crew felt we should have once in a while since we don't want to steer away from the main idea of God's word.

4. We did have a Chatterbox sub-forum at one point, and by request and approval we moved it all to the main area where it was easier to access. The used to be Chatterbox sub-forum was in the spot of the "Sermon" sub-forum now. So, our technical Chatterbox exists, it's the main forum =]

5. Since I don't handle the announcements, I can't necessarily answer to this one. It'll all be up to Garland =] he's usually good about responding to suggestions fairly quickly.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 am
allibeepbeep
3. Lot's Of CONTESTS!!!

I did post 2 threads (one was a fail but still) about it, but what as I can see, there seems to be less interest in contests since only a few replied. Though it's on the cards, it's best not to hold any contests until we have more interest, and like Aqua said, going to be from time to time, not all the time

Another thing that Aqua brought up is that we don't to steer away from the main purpose of the guild.

But thanks for your suggestions. I'm sure we can discuss this further and get back to you.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 am
allibeepbeep
3. Lot's Of CONTESTS!!!

Feed back is awesome. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us. smile

1. Hmm. Affiliates... I haven't considered this. That would be an excellent idea!

2. I have attempted making a banner contest, but it was not very successful.
There doesn't seem to be a large number of people who visit the guild daily or even monthly, at least not large enough for a contest. The contest is still running by the way. smile

Banner Contest

3. musasgal made a thread about this, but there was little response.
Hopefully as the guild grows there will be more daily visits allowing us to have
contests that are Bible related. I am sure the moderators would agree with me it is not so fun to plan events or contests if no one participates.

Contests: good idea or bad?

4. Aquatic_blue addressed this. ^^

5. It is my hope that in the future when time permits I'll be able to do this. I am currently posting the Bible in its entirety, verse by verse. Starting with Genesis, and hopefully ending up in Revelations. It is going to take a while due to character limitations in the announcement; 1500 Characters and one announcement per day. We do have an excellent sub forum for this particular use though, and we would be more than happy to assist with whatever questions come our way.

Interpretation of Scripture  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

allibeepbeep

5,100 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 am
Garland-Green
allibeepbeep
3. Lot's Of CONTESTS!!!

Feed back is awesome. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us. smile

1. Hmm. Affiliates... I haven't considered this. That would be an excellent idea!

2. I have attempted making a banner contest, but it was not very successful.
There doesn't seem to be a large number of people who visit the guild daily or even monthly, at least not large enough for a contest. The contest is still running by the way. smile

Banner Contest

3. musasgal made a thread about this, but there was little response.
Hopefully as the guild grows there will be more daily visits allowing us to have
contests that are Bible related. I am sure the moderators would agree with me it is not so fun to plan events or contests if no one participates.

Contests: good idea or bad?

4. Aquatic_blue addressed this. ^^

5. It is my hope that in the future when time permits I'll be able to do this. I am currently posting the Bible in its entirety, verse by verse. Starting with Genesis, and hopefully ending up in Revelations. It is going to take a while due to character limitations in the announcement; 1500 Characters and one announcement per day. We do have an excellent sub forum for this particular use though, and we would be more than happy to assist with whatever questions come our way.

Interpretation of Scripture

I would enter the banner contest, Honest, I just don't have the right programs on my computer, I don't even have a printer/scanner cause it broke... lol but okay. ^.^

But if you want, I have two guilds, I could affiliate with you ^.^ And I'm in the process of making a guild right now ^.^ XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 pm
don't you think a chatterbox sub-forum would be more about topics that are NOT related to the Bible generally in people's minds? To me, the main forum page is more of a general discussion than a chatterbox area.

I think it would be nice to have a true chatterbox where we can talk about things with other Christians that aren't specifically about the Bible though, but if that just isn't what you want this guild to have than no.  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

Suggestions & feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces