Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Threads
Faekat Q&A - Post your questions here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:59 pm
Ever had a question about something that you just weren't sure about? Well then this is the thread to post it in! It can be about anything and everything that your little mind has been wondering about. Plus we would like to keep the amount of questions that get lost in the big ol' main thread down to a minimum.

Senior colorist staff will try our best to answer your questions as quickly and thoroughly as we can!

- If you are a shop patron and see someone posting a question in the main thread please point them politely to this thread for them to post their questions.

- If someone is asking a similar question to one that was answered in this thread you may quote the official staff answer in this thread to the person in main thread.

Only senior colorist staff are allowed to answer questions in this thread. What we say is official no matter what you might hear from someone else.

- Yayoi  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm
With the Event/Color your own fae how dose it work exactly,do you buy the custom then get sent the line art to color yourself of how dose that work,thanks in advance.  

Shadowbane Kimikaro

Timid Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:02 pm
So.. i've been wracking my brain for a few months now.. and While i know new races are done over the offsite and RL cash...... my question is.. How does one go about getting said new race's spiffy new WIP sketch inked and templated? Do you yourself do it, post in some thread some place and have no control over who snags it up, or do you ask some one that does that stuff to do it for you?

Thanks for your time ^W^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm
My question has to do with edits. I have a faekat I would love to commission based off a gaia avatar. She has a bunny companion, also wears bunny ears (thinks shes a bunny hehe)

Want to commission her as a faery. My question is since its a edit to the line art itself only Meeki can do this correct?  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm
Shadowbane Kimikaro
With the Event/Color your own fae how dose it work exactly,do you buy the custom then get sent the line art to color yourself of how dose that work,thanks in advance.

Generally if its CYO during an event we will have a template set out for everyone to color one for themselves for free. Afterwards once that period of openness is cut off generally the only way to obtain them is through customs, having a colorist color for you.

If you are purchasing CYO tokens from the offsite once payment has been received you will be given the lineart to color however many you payed for.

lysia_nyteblade
So.. i've been wracking my brain for a few months now.. and While i know new races are done over the offsite and RL cash...... my question is.. How does one go about getting said new race's spiffy new WIP sketch inked and templated? Do you yourself do it, post in some thread some place and have no control over who snags it up, or do you ask some one that does that stuff to do it for you?

Thanks for your time ^W^

You are allowed to ink them yourself yes. If you wish to have a colorist ink and/or template the lines for you you need to make a request here and pay a fee. You are allowed to specify which colorist you wish to take on the work or leave it open for any colorist.

If you approach a non-colorist staff person to do it for you they cannot be payed for their services.

irishgirl1017
My question has to do with edits. I have a faekat I would love to commission based off a gaia avatar. She has a bunny companion, also wears bunny ears (thinks shes a bunny hehe)

Want to commission her as a faery. My question is since its a edit to the line art itself only Meeki can do this correct?

Any colorist who is allowed to may do body edits such as bunny ears or Faery wings. Edits are generally not colorist specific and the level of edits/types of edits that the colorists are comfortable with varies. Just make sure when asking for certain edits you check to make sure they are ok with them! Usually we'll have things listed or limit slot types in such cases. 83  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:07 pm
thanks for answering this yaya ^W^  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:53 pm
When getting a pair on the couple lines do they cost more than non-couple lines? The race I'm asking about is the shadowdancers. They're rare, so would they be 40k or more?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:10 pm
Staff wise, who is allowed to ink and color stuff? the list of colorists seems a little out of date. ^^;  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 pm
Random Nobody 13
When getting a pair on the couple lines do they cost more than non-couple lines? The race I'm asking about is the shadowdancers. They're rare, so would they be 40k or more?

No, they still fall under the custom price that they are which is 60k, like SBs and Troubles. That is just for unedited. If you want then to be edited they would cost more.

Pinka
Staff wise, who is allowed to ink and color stuff? the list of colorists seems a little out of date. ^^;

I will give a heads up to Sy about updating it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am
Question!

Kirin and CYO-style Druid breeding. What will the male children be, what lines?

Edit: answered in IRC by Meeki - it would be a druid on the CYO lines smile  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 pm
With the new "all races are both genders" rule, does this include Soulbonders/Troubles/Summons?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:21 pm
My question relates to Racial and Shop lines that have specific do and do nots attached to them

For example Banshees can never be Vamps/Zombies since they are already undead.

Can their be a list or a addendum to the races list specifing certain races can not be this or mate to this? I know I am still unsure about a few races hence the reasoning of not commissioning a zombie on a particular line.

2nd question

Cool down for Cosplays start the day its accepted or day its certed?  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm
"*If a rare pet and a common or uncommon pet breeds, there's a 50% chance at the baby coming out rare.
*If an elite pet and a common, uncommon or rare pet breeds, there's only a 25% chance of the baby coming out elite."

Swiped this from the front page after the update since my question relates to it.

I thought that if an elite/special fae bred with a lesser race, the babies were always the lesser race. Did that rule change?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 pm
Songstress Kitsune
With the new "all races are both genders" rule, does this include Soulbonders/Troubles/Summons?

I would believe so after I read Meeki's announcement, since the only exceptions are Kryenae, Majerae, Nymphae and pet owner customed races. You can double check with Meeki to be sure and if her say differs I will addendum this answer.

irishgirl1017
My question relates to Racial and Shop lines that have specific do and do nots attached to them

For example Banshees can never be Vamps/Zombies since they are already undead.

Can their be a list or a addendum to the races list specifing certain races can not be this or mate to this? I know I am still unsure about a few races hence the reasoning of not commissioning a zombie on a particular line.

2nd question

Cool down for Cosplays start the day its accepted or day its certed?

1. These dos and do nots should be listed in the racial shops that the owners have posted. If you go into their shops and read their information you'll know all the info you need to know. If it says nothing about them not being zombies, vampires whatever then you should be good to go. All pet owners who have their own racial shop need to have these parameters listed in the shop with their races information. It is not our job to keep tabs on what the owners decide to do with their races only to list them as viable lineart options, it is the owners job to make sure that these rules and regulations are down somewhere for the general populace to read and understand.

2. Day it is accepted.

Random Nobody 13
"*If a rare pet and a common or uncommon pet breeds, there's a 50% chance at the baby coming out rare.
*If an elite pet and a common, uncommon or rare pet breeds, there's only a 25% chance of the baby coming out elite."

Swiped this from the front page after the update since my question relates to it.

I thought that if an elite/special fae bred with a lesser race, the babies were always the lesser race. Did that rule change?

No, this chance has always been around but it is not well known apparently. If you read the racial breeding rules is has the chances listed for several elite Fae. Ex: If an Angelic breeds with a mortal they have a 25% chance of having an Angelic baby. The same is with Deities that breed with mortals, they have a 25% chance to have Angelic children. Its a 25% chance. But it is a very slim 25% chance.  

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

pukie7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 am
i have 2 questions:

1. if you get a regular fae from a FS what would the align be? is it automatically good or can it be any?

2. are we still able to custom old event/cyo races? i dont see them listed on the front page.  
✚ Archived Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff