Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Pets and animals Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have...
  1 pet
  2 pets
  3 pets
  4 pets
  5 or more pets
View Results

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm
Do you have any pets? What kind of animals are they?

Is there a particular pet you've always wanted to have? What is it, and why does it appeal to you?

Feel free to share stories and pictures of your critters. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:13 pm
I have fish and a dog.

My dogs name is Kallie. She's about ten years old or so now. Kallie is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (google for cute pictures!) and she's an epileptic.

About three or so years ago, the night before July 4th, I was playing with my dog and something happened, something where she felt threatened. Since she's a small dog I was on all fours playing with her and she subsequently bit my face. I had to be taken to the emergency to receive nine stitches to the left side of my jawline to close up two lacerations. We still have her however, since the incident was my fault. But, about a year ago she also bit my sister who was like smothering her and took a large chunk out of her lip.

Needless to say, Kallie is the HBIC.

c:

Oh and one day I'd like to own a goat.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 pm
I just have one cat. He's a fluffy, extra-affectionate, in-your-face goofball.

I used to have fish, and I liked them quite a bit. One of my bettas was quite well-travelled, since I moved a lot, and he lived to be 4 years old.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:21 pm
I have an imaginary dragon named Puff. He is adorable yet deadly.

I wished I had a cat, preferably a black one.  

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

inu_fan77777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 pm
I have a cat and a dog! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am
Der Fluch des Pharao

Oh and one day I'd like to own a goat.

One of my sister's classmates is getting a goat soon. :B She needs to wait until she can get some sort of license for it though.
Anyway, I have a Jack Russell Terrier, Maggie. We've had her for a about year but we got her at the shelter when she was around 2. So, later this month will be her unofficial birthday, since we don't know when she was born, so we just count the day we got her at the shelter as her birthday. She's very playful, but she does calm down. I was kind of nervous about getting a Jack because my mom's friend from law school had 2 Jacks and they NEVER calmed down, so I thought she would be the same, but no.Here's a picture.
User Image  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 pm
I have a dog (American Bulldog), and since I consider one of my friend's pets my pets as well, I'd have 4 cats and a raccoon. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:36 pm
I have a dog and some cats.

Buddy is my tricolor Pembroke Welsh Corgi and he came from the shelter.

I have two cats that come from the shelter then the rest came from the wild. I have two grey cats, two orange, two tortes, a full black cat, and a full white cat. They are just to dang cute!

Three of my cats, Dinah, Frankie, and Antoinette, are related by blood and they came from my cousins house. Dinah is the mother and she had her two kittens when she was under a year old.

I dream to get a pet squirrel someday.  

JericoDeLaSalle

Scurvy Gekko

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:42 pm
IPeedProperly

YOU HAVE A PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI TOO?!

Sorry. I was having a moment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm
I have a Tonkinese kitty. Her name is Galaxy, she is suppose to be a platinum colored kitty, but she is several shades darker than breed standard (which is why the breeders spaded her and sold her off as a pet not a show cat. Lucky me!) She is currently at my parent's place because one of my partners (re:roomate to the 'rents) is allergic. That and mom won't give Galaxy up. When I have a place of my own, down the road, I know I will be owning (well they own you really) another Tonk.

My parents got George, a Burmese from the same cattery as Galaxy came from. George was also suppose to be a champagne color but came out several shades darker, he was fixed and sold as a house kitty.

Edit: Oh and both play fetch with their sparkly balls and come when they are called. Although it is to be said the come quicker if you shake the treat can.

Both of these breeds are super talkative (in my experience Gally, the Tonk talks a crap ton more) and very, very smart. Galaxy can open doors if she so pleases.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

bollier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:14 pm
I have a cat and a dog.

The cat, Gizmo, is a big grey cat with long fluffy fur. He's can be kind of antisocial sometimes (I think that's true of all cats), but he is usually affectionate towards me. I think since I play with him more than anyone, he usually hangs around me, so he's more my cat than a family pet

Our dog, Deisel, is a yorkie, which translates to unlimited energy and a spoiled attitude. The two don't get along so well, so the house is always in an uproar.

I've had lots of pets in the past, and I love having a house full of animals. We've had dogs, cats, fish, frogs, turtles, hermit crabs, and parakeets, just to name a few.

I've always wanted a parrot. It's not something I think I'll ever do since they are so expensive, but I love the thought of having one.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am
I have a cat and a dog who get along very nicely actually. I don't see where the fighting like cats and dogs expression comes from.

The cat is named Baily (Sounded similar to 'Baby' which is what we call her anyways and the only thing she responded to) and she's about the size of a kitten, a kitten who's sort of grown but not full grown yet. She's got a broken claw on one leg from falling from the curtains and getting it stuck and she's also got a bend in her tail from it being broken before we got her. I just love her to death~

I also don't get how black cats are bad luck. She's not really all black but.. *shrugs*. Never had bad luck with her.

And my beloved dog is Connor, named after a character in the old TV show Angel (look it up). The guy's really old, like 10 years about? He was supposed to have died already actually since he's a mixed breed and they don't usually live as long. He's just a lovable little guy and very hyper sometimes, even with Arthritis and Joint Cancer (Don't know the technical term). Honestly he's a family pet but he's more mine than anyone else, since I spend literally more time with him than I do anyone else.

And what pet do I wish I had? That's a toughie.... umm....

WEll pet I think is legal to have that I want is just another dog when Connor's gone. Can't imagine life without a pal like him. ^^;;

Pet I WISH I could have? A monkey. I love monkeys. I really honestly do.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100

Hiru Harada

Seeker

5,950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 pm
One cat, totally gay, and spazzy enough to keep up with me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 am
I have 2 rescue Sugar Gliders, Zelda and Link
heart
I have always wanted a chinchilla or bearded dragon though.

Omnipotent Pizza

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 pm
Oh and I've kind of wanted some rabbits, but obviously since I have a Jack and they like to chase rabbits that would not be the best idea to get one now. razz  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff