Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
A Tenth of what you make.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:32 pm
I want to do more in giving.. although I am a giving person when someone is in need.. whether it is a few dollars or what not. I just want to give that tenth.. not because I feel I have to, but I want to. I get SSI and don't get much, but I am pretty sure I can give a tenth of it and still be okay, especially with trusting God in providing for me. I just don't know the best way to distribute it. I was looking at Feeding America and that looked like a great place, but I want to spread it out to other places as well. What are some charities to give to?... Oh and does it have to go to the church?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:58 am
Hmm....

I was in the same boat as you in a way. But it was a different sanario....but it has be sorted.

You did state that you have no idea what to do with the tithing contrubution. My suggestion is to pray to God about it first, then ask your minister what to do. He/she will help you through it.

You also stated that you want to spread it to other places too. Just remember, that if you don't have much, do a little fundraiser to help out, or find events you can take part off.

Sorry, if it's not that much, but it's nearly midnight...and I'm tired....  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:36 pm
musasgal
Hmm....

I was in the same boat as you in a way. But it was a different sanario....but it has be sorted.

You did state that you have no idea what to do with the tithing contrubution. My suggestion is to pray to God about it first, then ask your minister what to do. He/she will help you through it.

You also stated that you want to spread it to other places too. Just remember, that if you don't have much, do a little fundraiser to help out, or find events you can take part off.

No thats good. Thanks! I'll figure it out!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 am
musasgal
Hmm....

No thats good. Thanks! I'll figure it out!

I know you will. I hope that God can point you in the right direction.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am
I think it's fabulous that you want to give that tenth!

I was convicted to by God and didn't think I could afford to, but I can say it have somehow worked out. (somehow=God!)

If you go to a church, I would encourage you to give there. I know where I go to church there is already a budget for giving a large portion of what comes in to several different ministries, missionaries, orphanages, etc...as well as going towards keeping the building running, lights, electricity, air/heat, salaries (and I know where I go, those aren't exorbitant by any means) all cost money and I appreciate having that source.

Do I think you need to only give to the church? Well, this is trickier, I think if you give where the Spirit leads you, great, but if you aren't feeling particularly led yet, I would encourage the church. That is where I was told to give mine, but anything over and above goes where I feel the need at the moment. Sometimes it's still to the church into our benevolence fund, or a certain guest speaker/missionary, and sometimes it's something else completely. Maybe buying school supplies for needy people, food for the homeless shelter, things like that.

I see too many churches closing, not being able to be effective, not being what they can be because of finances in part and it saddens me. I'd hate to see the presence of the church die out.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm
Aoife
I think it's fabulous that you want to give that tenth!

I was convicted to by God and didn't think I could afford to, but I can say it have somehow worked out. (somehow=God!)

If you go to a church, I would encourage you to give there. I know where I go to church there is already a budget for giving a large portion of what comes in to several different ministries, missionaries, orphanages, etc...as well as going towards keeping the building running, lights, electricity, air/heat, salaries (and I know where I go, those aren't exorbitant by any means) all cost money and I appreciate having that source.

Do I think you need to only give to the church? Well, this is trickier, I think if you give where the Spirit leads you, great, but if you aren't feeling particularly led yet, I would encourage the church. That is where I was told to give mine, but anything over and above goes where I feel the need at the moment. Sometimes it's still to the church into our benevolence fund, or a certain guest speaker/missionary, and sometimes it's something else completely. Maybe buying school supplies for needy people, food for the homeless shelter, things like that.

I see too many churches closing, not being able to be effective, not being what they can be because of finances in part and it saddens me. I'd hate to see the presence of the church die out.

Thanks! That is so true, God will provide even if I don't think I have enough He always ends up making it work!

I just need to find a good church to go to. I used to go to one before, but when I tried to volunteer they never contacted me about it. I guess that isn't a good reason to stop going huh? Thanks though, it sure helps!  

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff