Last April I developed an anxiety disorder because of the depression caused by the hatred of my job. Yes, working at McDonald's will do that to you. I've since quit that job and now work somewhere that I love, but the anxiety is still there.

I was on Zoloft for a while before I realized that while it was controlling the depression and anxiety, it was causing my low libido and chronic heartburn. Not good for my marriage or my bank account. My husband did some research and I switched.

Wellbutrin didn't work at all. I'm currently flushing that out of my system. It did nothing for the anxiety (I found out that it can, in fact, make it worse) and caused thoughts of self-harm. I can't be having that due to my history of self-harm. When I told my doctor that, she freaked out a little and I start on Lexapro on Thursday.

Anyone else have these sorts of problems? Know of something that works? I'd really like to find something that works and stop bouncing around with the meds. The dry-out week between each drug (getting one drug out of my system before starting on another) cause me to miss work due to the withdrawals.

Suggestions? What's worked for you?