Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I'm confused

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rhythmic_Nightmare

Romantic Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 pm
I'm so confused about everything
Like i told my mom about be being not bi curious but truly bisexual and she was shocked and said if i wasn't sure then i shouldn't tell anyone, but I have a crush on one of my friends(girl) but around cute guys i flirt a bit. But i feel as though my family won't accept me like my friends did ;^; how should i go on like this?
ANd this also adds to me being a bit depressed recently and I feel so emotional
Any help?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm
Hmmm. This is a toughy.

Honestly, don't worry about labeling WHAT you are until you're sure WHO you are. Make sense?

What I mean is, don't say you're bisexual if you're not sure. Sexuality is majorly complicated and even though you flirt with one sex it doesn't mean you're necessarily romantically or sexually attracted to them. As well, having a crush on someone of the same gender doesn't necessarily make you a lesbian or what have you.

Really, what you need to do is take it slow. Go about on your own and figure things out. Gauge yourself and really analyze your sexuality and then label yourself and stand strong about it.

Your family will always take it much harder than your friends. Parents don't necessarily know how to react to their child coming out. They want to be supportive and loving but it's often just as confusing for them as it may be for you.

Just roll with the punches and go about things at whatever pace you feel is right. Don't rush into it, don't do anything to appease anyone else, do it your way on your terms that way you can first be affirmed in who you are and what you are without others imposing their judgments or opinions.

Good luck!

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 pm
Agreed ^ Also if you do find your sexuality and it is something your family isn't supportive of at first. Make sure you let them know you are proud of who you are and that you love and respect them. I don't know how your family is. but I find that when you tell lets say your mother you like girls and you are female then the mother will tend to react a little more hurt then if you told your father. it is as my little sister says who is straight. I get along with gay men and straight women better because I can say Hey I like the same things you do. It is just a matter of getting used to things. If you have ever received a nick name you know how you don't quite get that the person is talking to you when they say it at first. Things like that and like this problem with Sexuality really just need time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:54 pm
thank you guys everything makes sense now smile  

rhythmic_Nightmare

Romantic Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:36 pm
rhythmic_Nightmare

Glad to be of help!

If you ever need more advice or have anymore concerns definitely start up a thread or throw any of us a PM.

c:

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff