View Results

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:55 pm
I'm curious, what do your rooms look like? Are they organized or messy? Big or small? Do they have posters on the walls?

My room seems small, but it's only because my queen bed takes up a lot of space. >< Kinda not my fault though, as the room was originally intended to be a guest room.
I have one fairly large window with drapes.
There are 4 pictures hung on the wall and a mirror.
I try to keep my room as clean as possible as often as possible, but I have a bad habit of letting my clothes and other bobbles sit around for a while. XD
The walls are cream-colored, as well as my bedspread.
I've got a very small TV propped up on a storage box and three sources of light - two lamps and a ceiling light.
My closet is a combination of drawers and hangers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 pm
My bed is a futon/twin bunk bed, and it's placed next to the window so our kitties can watch the world from the top bunk instead of walking all over me when I want to sleep. I keep the top of my nightstand clear, since that's what kitties use to jump "upstairs".

I have a big desk for my assorted stuff and laptop, which also serves as my DVD player. My lighting comes from the window and a 5-bulb pole lamp I wish had more options than 2-3-5 lights on at a time.

My closet is stuffed to the gills, but right now I'm probably only using about 20% of my clothes regularly. I need a job so I can wear the nicer stuff!

I also have two bookcases loaded with books and assorted stuff.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 pm
My room is small-ish since I live in a trailer, but it's nothing to complain about--it's bigger than my brother's room. The walls are covered with like a peach/pink wallpaper with white criss-cross patterns.

Taped to my wall(s) are a variety of Eragon, LOTR, POTC, Hawk Nelson, and animal posters. I also have other random pictures on my wall as well, like the mural picture of when I was in Washington DC and a duck taped cross inscribed with the name "Chippers", who was my ex-BFF Alex's dog who died a few years ago. I loved him as if he were my own pet, so I still miss him.

I have a window that is, no joke, ducked taped together. The window has a long crack in it from when I tried to kill a fly with my foot...o.O My window cannot open, so I have a fan on my desk to keep me cool.

My dresser, desk, and nightstand are cramemd with crap that I seriously need to clean up. I am ashamed to say that my room is starting to look like one of the rooms you would see in that Hoarders TV show. My clothes are piled high on the ground since I do not have a hamper. :/

I already told my mom that I have plans to clean my room VERY soon. It's not that I am a messy person--heck when I am outside my room, I am really quite clean--it's just that I get really lazy and busy and things just start to pile up.

My closet is also a mess, packed with boxes and other crap. I cleaned it after I graduated high school, but it got messy again.

Anyways, I have only a small lamp on my nightstand to light up my room. My ceiling fan and light is broken, have been for years. What really sucks is that last week we lost power and we managed to get the power back on for half the trailer (my mom and sister's room, kitchen, living room), but the hallway where my room is located had no electricity. My brother's room and the bathroom have no power, and I pretty much mean that the lights do not work; the outlets work...sort of. My room is the DOOM ROOM because the outlets and lights do not work there, but in my brother's room and in the bathroom, they do.

With the use of three extension cords, I now have electricity in my room. I am not sure when we can have an electrician come over and fix whatever is wrong, but in the meantime extension cords are my friends.

And that is my room.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:44 pm
Since my parents decided to build another room in the house, I moved to my older sisters room and she took the new one as my little sister took my older room.
Anyways..
My room is completely white..Though, I want to paint it a bright pink.
My room has a Queen bed and it takes almost all the space in my room.
Since my drawer is not that big, I placed it inside my closet..yeah..
I have an old-like grandma chair in my room... (since my grandmother passed away a year ago I decided to take it..)
Oh, and I also have a piano..which I don't use..
As for the wall I have a picture frame of me when I was a baby and I also have a mirror.
I also have a wood shelf and it has stuffed animals in it.
And yeah that's about it...  

Le Honey

Tipsy Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:27 pm
at my dad's:
it's somewhat small, which is nice. there's two windows, a closet, a dresser, a nightstand with a lamp and a digital clock on it, and a full bed next to the nightstand. there's a couple shelves on the wall across from the bed, and four pictures on the wall. on the dresser there's a hat i've never worn, a mini plate thing that i store things when i've lost the other one (like earrings or socks), and a little model of a house with one of those plastic monkeys on it. there's a door which leads to the bathroom i share with my sister.

the shades over the window are lilac-ish, and the nightstand is brown. the lamp base is clear, and the shade is white. the bed is the same lilac-ish color; the walls are tan. the dresser is the same brown as the nightstand.

there's hardly any clutter, and it's fairly neat.

at mom's: sadly, it's much bigger (i prefer smaller rooms because it's easier to keep things less cluttered, and they don't seem as bare most of the time- they also warm up faster). it's also over the garage, so it gets colder easily. there's a desk, and the walls are blue (i'm planning on repainting them). i have a twin bed with some creepy bunny pattern (the bed i also want to replace). i have two window seat things, a desk, a nightstand, and a walk-in closet that's usually even colder than the rest of my room.i have two bookshelves (i ran out of room on one of them...), and two floor lamps. no posters, but there's a tree wall stick-on thing. it's also fairly cluttered.

tl;dr: smaller room at my dad's which i really like, bigger room at mom's which is usually kinda cold; i would love to completely change the layout and what the room looks like there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ir's plain white with paint peeling. I added some Twilight saga posters and put up some stuffed animals on a self and they are also on my bed. Hardwood floor that was once carpet but my parents pull it up from me and my sister's room, suppose to replace it with new carpet but lord knows how long that will be....

My room is small, the smallest in the house, it use to be the office area and was really messy but then my parents cleaned it up and so my sister and me no longer shared a room thank goodness., my room is pretty messy but everything is either shoved to the side or is in my closet or stuffed in a drawer.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:11 pm
little aishi chan

Ir's plain white with paint peeling. I added some Twilight saga posters and put up some stuffed animals on a self and they are also on my bed. Hardwood floor that was once carpet but my parents pull it up from me and my sister's room, suppose to replace it with new carpet but lord knows how long that will be....

Ooh, keep the hardwood! It's easier to keep clean. If you really need carpeting get some small area rugs.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Gigi Deveraux
little aishi chan

Ooh, keep the hardwood! It's easier to keep clean. If you really need carpeting get some small area rugs.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hm an area rug wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't know if I can convince my parents to stick with hardwood but in the meantime I can get a rug.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:10 am
My room is white, with carpet. I have a twin bed, black covers, stuffed animals galore, haha. I have a lot of posters, but neatly put up. I have pictures and souvenirs on my dresser, I'm using bins of stuffed animals for a nightstand, and my nightstand as an altar. I have a TV and a bookshelf in my closet, a giant desk I barely use, and a whole lot of stuff stuffed under my bed and on my shelf. It's really tiny and I can't do much to it because my dad's girlfriend doesn't want me to.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm
My room is a pretty nice size, it has the high ceilings too. It's not exactly how I'd like it to be though but that's because I never got a moving truck to move my old furniture from my mothers when I moved out. It's my BF's furniture.
I have a bunch of mirrors, but they're small. (I'd rather one huge one on the wall)
I have an antique desk, a closet that is lovely. Lot's of organization space even though it's small. Honestly I wish I had money to buy new furniture. I need to get a rug as well.

The room at my mom's house has black walls, celings that I put wrapping paper over. It's a nice blue with swirls. My closet doors are blue, there is a private entrance which is also blue. The carpet is ugly but hey at least I couldn't care less about getting it dirty. It's used as a storage room now though so it isn't as nice. I used to have drapes hanging from all the walls and ceilings in either blue or white with rainbow splatter-paint. There was blankets on the walls & black lights. Man I miss that room. It was small but I chilled with so many people there. Good memories. (I only had that room for 4-5 months too....)  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm
my room kind of annoys me. I've never gotten to do anything to it really. In middle school I started hanging pictures and posters randomly because I was sick of the baby pink and pastel green paint with the unicorn wallpaper starring back at me (plus, when you are 13 that is really embarrassing when you have friends over!)
Now it's still much the same. L shaped. my chinchilla lives by the door at the long skinny end of the room, my queen bed tucked in the corner so that the big part of the room can be open (though 95% of the time you cannot see the floor, I am very messy). I have a built in bookshelf on one wall and a regular bookshelf, both overflowing.
The pink walls and green sloped ceilings have a mixture of pictures from school trips and of family, plus posters for various animes and boybands.

Long story short; it's a walk-in disaster.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm
My family and I have moved quite recently, which meant that I got a new bedroom whoot! My old one was about the size of a jail cell, no joke. I had a twin sized bed, two-drawer dresser, and computer table. That was the extent of my old room. It also had that fake wood paneling which I just hated so much.

My new room is much bigger. I have a full sized bed, with a pillow top mattress ( I love it so much. ;A wink And a really cute comforter set that I got from Wally World a few months ago. It's a floral print,but not the small kind. I still have my two-drawer dresser and a computer table. I have three book cases, that are filled to the max. I have a small glass table in which I keep my stones, candles etc. I have a Sailor Moon poster, five paintings, and one wall scroll. Two windows, both without curtains cause I haven't found any I like so far. All in all I really love my room.  

Bektastic

Timid Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:42 pm
Well i'm sort of homeless currently and am back at the parents.
My room here is far to small as i have an entire flats worth of stuff crammed in a single bedroom. It looks supper messy, Theres a stack of cooking pans in one corner sweatdrop But the main focus of the room is my lovely original 1950's dressing table.
The main issue i have with keeping my room tidy is all my clothes, before i had 5 wardrobes across two counties over flowing with things, i now have just 3 wardrobes, MAJORLY overflowing. I have clothes hanging on all the curtain poles so i can never open a window and my door dosent open all the way sweatdrop
But i do have a lamp shaped like a dog so i guess its okay,

oh.. and i'm going to move this to the new home forum heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

okay, honestly, i've had the same bedroom since i was 7 >.<
i want to redecorate, but my mom never gets around to helping me out.

the walls are baby blue, and there's a bunch of antique furniture. my desk and rocking chair are old as heck, i have the same twin size bed that my mom slept in 40 years ago, and i have a bunch of knick knacks and stuffed animals decorating the room. i like it.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

Acashasha

Partying Bunny

8,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm
Well my parents are divorced so I have 2 rooms. One awesome room, and one not so awesome room. My room at my moms is in the attic, the ceiling is slanted like a scalene triangle, the walls are aqua blue and the ceiling, a very pale blue, almost white. My bed is twin sized, it fits in a cubby in the wall, like a little cave, too small to stand in but roomy all the same. Blue and green patterned bed spread. I have a desk painted the same colors as my walls and ceiling but I'm thinking about repainting it black. there is a black dresser with 6 drawers, short and wide. I have a make up table and oval mirror in the corner and in another corner, I have a portable clothing rack which is leaning over at the moment, its almost broken. I wooden chest under a medium sized window opposite from my bed, overlooks my neighbor's house, who smokes pot.... dramallama

My room at my dads is simple, white textured walls, some paper stars hanging from my ceiling, a wood table and chair which i just throw my junk on, 2 very long open shelves and a long clothes rack from one wall from the other. A bed and a window. That's it biggrin

06. ✿ - - - Home, Garden & Appliances

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff