Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] A Favor for a Favor (Roch/Xiu) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:54 pm
Weeks had passed. Amphi still wasn't talking. She still was dealing with nightmares, as well. There wasn't anything he could really do for her, other than holding her during the worst parts. But there was someone he figured that COULD do something... maybe.

So he found himself sitting on his bed, staring at his eyephone before pressing a name he hadn't pressed for a while. And he sat there, waiting for her to pick up and wondering if he wasn't interrupting something.

(Double Points week!)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 pm
A year ago, Xiu would never have expected to be here...standing in front of a punching bag. No, she had been a tiny little thing (okay well, she was still pretty petite) who would have cowered in the face of danger.

Now she just punched the face of danger...in the face.

Keeping herself light on her feet, she swung out at the punching bag with her gloves hands, shifting as she ducked and dodged imaginary attacks. If there was one thing that she had learned from her time here at Amityville, it was that it never hurt to train and get stronger. On the contrary, it seemed to be quite necessary, and after the kidnappings last time...

The baku was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her eyephone buzzing in her obi. Lifting it out, she was startled to see the name that came up on the caller id, but didn't hesitate to answer.

"Ah, hi Roch!" She chirped, letting out a heavy sigh as she dropped down and flopped onto the ground, "What's up?"

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:36 am
"Hey," he said. "Xiu, I need a favor. And I figure it's sort of a big one, so I'm hesitatin' to ask. But the only other person that I know of who might be able to do it is rumored to be a d**k--and from what I've seen of him, I agree. I wouldn't trust him to do it even if he offered, y'know? But this is really important t'me, so I figured I'd ask... Can we talk? Like, not over the phone."

Because chances were, Amphi would show up sometime and grill him on what he was doing--then he'd have to explain, and how would she react to this idea? Eh, he'd find out. AFTER he got Xiu's agreement.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:55 am
A favour? Xiu pulled the phone away from her ear to look at it for a moment, cocking her head to the side. That was a rather rare thing for Roch to ask of her, wasn't it? But that being said, she was never to turn someone down if they needed a hand. Holding the phone back to her ear, she smiled and nodded, only to realize that the reaper wouldn't be able to see her response over the phone.

"Sure! I'm training in the gym right now, if you want to drop by?" There was a pause, and then an idea suddenly hit her, causing the ghoul to light up with excitement. "Or...do you think you'd be willing to spar with me while we discuss things, maybe?"

Hey, it was making the best of time, right?

Ice Queen

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 am
He hesitated. "Yeah, alright," he said, "but no wrestling," he added quickly--and confusingly. It said something that he was willing to spar with her, possibly that he felt this was a way to get her favor. "I'll be there in ten minutes," he added, hanging up.

Seven minutes later the punk stepped into the gym, looking around for the ghoul. "Yo," he said when he caught sight of her. "How's it goin?"

He reached out, summoning his guitar--he could talk and spar at the same time.
Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm
Ah...he had agreed! Xiu was a little startled--but pleased--by the fact that he was willing to spar with her, and she chirped a cheerful "see you in a bit!" before hanging up. While waiting for him to arrive, she was content to remain flopped on the ground, using this as a chance to relax and catch her breath.

Upon hearing the greeting, she pushed herself up into a sitting position, turning to grin at the reaper. "Hello! And not too bad!" Standing up, she bounced a few times on the balls of her feet before dropping into her fighting stance.

"Getting right into it?" She smiled, noting that he had already summoned his weapon, "I don't mind if you ask me whatever it was you wanted to ask first?" Of course, she had no complaints about chatting and sparring at the same time either. It would be easier--and less tiring--to do one at a time, but building up stamina was always good too!

Ice Queen

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-20)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:44 am
He hesitated, frowning slightly. "Well, um, y'know, I got a ghoulfriend now," he said. "Y'might know her, actually. Her name's Amphi, she's a mermaid. And she was captured by hunters." He brought up his guitar. "She has nightmares... and she hasn't spoken since it happened."

The expression on his face was grim and serious. He swung, more out of habit than thinking about the sparring--and then realized just how hard he had hit. "Jack, sorry, Xiu, my mind was--"

HP: 50/50
DMG: 8

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:21 pm
The baku looked a little surprised at the news that Roch had a ghoulfriend, but her eyes grew even rounder upon hearing the news that it was Amphi. Ah--she never knew that the two were dating! The baku began to smile, and had been about to congratulate the reaper when he mentioned the kidnapping--yes, that had been...quite the scary event--and the nightmares. At once, her smile dropped into a frown. "She's been having nightma--!"

The sudden attack winded her as it sent her flying backwards. Managing to land in a decent position, the ghoul was quick to hold up a hand, emitting a little laugh. "N-no no, it's fine, d...don't worry about it!" Rubbing her stomach, she moved forward and swung her fist out at the boil's side.

"That doesn't matter. Tell me more about Amphi."

HP: 42/50
Damage: 3

Ice Queen

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 9 Total: 15 (2-20)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am
"They tortured her," he said quietly. "I ain't sure what she's dreamin, she never tells me--she can talk with her cellphone, y'know? But I figure the dreams and the voice thing might have a connection. Could be that it's all in her head, but I'm not meanin' it like--"

He didn't even grunt at the little hit. "You're swingin' too wide," he told her. "Y'gotta take into account that you're a close distance fighter fightin' someone with medium to long distance. What you want to do in this case is get right up close, keep your arm close to your body--" he did exactly what he was talking about, moving right up to her, bringing up one large fist (first time at school he'd ever punched someone) and slamming the fist straight up, hitting her right under the ribcage.

"And hit upwards."

HP: 47/50
DMG: 9

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 am
Xiu remained silent, her expression troubled as she considered what Roch had just told her. In a way, she wouldn't have been surprised if Amphi--and the others--were having nightmares ever since the kidnapping. After all, she had no doubt that the event had been anything but pleasant, and from what she learned about Mitsu from Shun...

She snapped out of her thoughts at the sudden battle advice, ears slightly pricked as she absently took everything in. Unfortunately, in her distraction--and despite the rather clear sign--Xiu noticed the swing a second too late, taking the full force. Needless to say, the small ghoul immediately went from standing to crumpled down in a crouch, an arm clutched around her middle. After a moment of wincing, she immediately staggered back up to her feet.

"I'll keep that in mind...but Amphi. Are you asking me to dreamdive, or...?"

HP: 33/50
Damage: Miss!

Ice Queen

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 9 Total: 15 (2-20)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 am
"I... jack, I ain't gonna shove people in her mind if she doesn't want them," he said slowly, running a hand over his face. "But if y'could ask her if you can--I don't think she's a lucid, in fact I'm pretty sure she's not. But if anyone can help her figure out how t'deal, it would be you. And if that doesn't solve the voice thing, we're gonna haveta find another way t'attack it."

Speaking of ways to attack. "Y'need to focus on your speed," he said, rushing forward and wrapping around her--one arm went to the back of her neck, while his leg went in front of hers, shoving her legs out from underneath her and forcing her to fall on her face. "Use their momentum if y'don't got the strength."

HP: 47/50
DMG: 9

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:40 pm
To say that Xiu was no good with distractions was quite an understatement, to say the least. With her mind focused more on Amphi now than the spar at hand, the ghoul yelped in surprise to find herself falling forward, throwing her arms up at the last second to protect her face. She winced at the jolt that ran up her arms at the impact, but used her chance at being on the ground to kick out and attempt to sweep the reaper's legs out from under him.

Jumping back, she bent over with a hand clasped over her chest, trying to regain some of her breath. "I'll...visit Amphi...in a bit...then," She panted, absently dropping her hand to touch one of the emblems she had pinned to her obi, "She's...my friend, afterall, so if there's something I could do for her..."

HP: 24/50
Damage: 7

Ice Queen

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-20)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 pm
He went silent, not moving to attack again. "Y'know... I didn't plan on datin' anyone. I figured after I got over my crush on you that I'd be better off just gettin' out of school, maybe try and get out of my old neighborhood. But now I got a future," he said, his mind going to what the horseman had said. He'd made the right choice, he decided.

"I got a really good thing goin' with my mentor--he let me set up the battle of the bands. I think if I can pull it off, I got a job for when I graduate. And if I got a ghoulfriend and a dog and a job... ain't much more a guy can ask for, y'know?"

He gave her a crooked grin. "And I'm glad she's your friend. I mean, yeah, I'm really glad that she and Danny are so close, but well... she needs more than just me an' Danny that can help her through this."

HP: 40/50
DMG: 0

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm
"I'm happy for you," Xiu smiled, sounding genuinely content, "For all this mentoring stuff, and for both you and Amphi--you make a good pair! I don't doubt that you will, but just in case...make sure that you take care of her, okay? Or else I'll..."

She moved in close then, curling her right hand into a fist and bringing it up as she tried to aim for Roch's stomach. Upon feeling the impact, the baku was quick to dodge backwards in an attempt to avoid a direct counter.

Straightening up, the baku let out a little laugh. "Don't worry--at the very least, Amphi has Lizzy and I as well, and we're all here to help her." Though since they were on the topic of helping Amphi already..."Do you think you could tell me a little more about...maybe how she's been acting lately, if you think it'll help me any?"

HP: 24/50
Damage: 7

Ice Queen

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-20)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:25 pm
He grunted at the hit, grinning at her. "See, y'learn quick," he told her. "But... well, she ain't as bad as some of them, I figure, it's just... she's not as confident. First thing she did was try an' break up with me because... of certain things that had happened. Now she spends most of her time clingin' t'either me or Danny, and as much as we're good with that I figure she needs t'..."

He frowned, scratching the side of his head. "Be confident enough t'have time alone. T'go out, see other pals, make new ones... live," he said finally.

He kicked out, catching her in the side lightly. "Y'can use your legs--they're stronger than your arms, y'know?"

HP: 33/50
DMG: 4

Kaiyumi

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out