Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Friendly Sparring (Fai & Leo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm
Leo needed to train.

In fact, she needed to train pretty badly. It was obvious, after nearly getting her a** beat by an old human, that she really, really needed to get better at this fighting thing.

Well, not that that hadn't been obvious before. But her first lair task for the Lost Clan had pretty much carved it out in relief; she sucked. She seriously, honestly, horribly blew at fighting, if a feeble old human (with a cane for jack's sake) could nearly get the best of her. Her and Mei had only narrowly escaped that encounter.

So. Obviously more training was needed, and so that was what she'd been doing this last half hour. She'd parked herself at one of the training dummies and alternated between punching and kicking, just as Yin had shown her. It was pretty basic, considering what some of the other students were doing, but it was the best she could do - and hadn't she heard someone say once that the basics were always the most important when it came to fighting?

It didn't matter anyway, because Leo would continue to train, no matter what anyone said or did. She would get better, even if she had to work her a** off to get there.

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 pm
Here he had a perfectly good lair--one that suited him to a T, but Fai still found himself wandering the school territory. He wanted to see how they lived after all they had been through. Were they idiots, perhaps? They seemed quite cheerful for all that had been happening lately.

He almost walked past the monster ghoul, his eyes were on the gym. Truly, it was fascinating how they trained and called it sports.

Ephebe
Quoting works just fine!

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:39 am
She'd probably have missed the boil walking past if he wasn't so, well, un-missable. He looked very distinct - Leo didn't think she'd ever seen hair-flowers quite like that before. And a loincloth. Did the school even allow students to wear loincloths? She'd have figured there were at least some sort of dressing code but then again, this was Amityville Academy. You never quite knew.

"Hey!" She stopped her training to send a friendly smile at the boil. "You wouldn't happen to be interested in a quick spar, would you?" Might as well be upfront; beating around the bush never did anything for anyone, and Leo really did want to spar with someone. It was all well and good practicing on a training dummy, but frankly it couldn't even begin to compare to sparring with a real, live person.

So she'd take her chances and give asking a go, even if he was a total stranger.

Ice Queen
OK, awesome! <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:49 am
Fai paused, looking at her curiously through pitch black eyes. "You do realize, darkling, that I'm a horseman, don't you?" he asked after a second. "But if that's not a problem, yes, I would be very interested in seeing the level of power that Halloween students have." It was a great idea, he realized. He would be able to compare their power levels.

"Tell me, are you new to this school or have you risen in rank?" he asked, starting his scientific research.

Ephebe

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:42 am
"Er." Okay, so that did explain a few things, loincloth included. "Well, that's not really a problem for me, so no worries." Although it meant that she'd probably be getting her a** kicked pretty quickly; but that'd always been the likeliest outcome, anyway, and surely there was something to learn in defeat as well.

"I'm not exactly new to this school, but I haven't really risen in rank either. Some family troubles kept me from school, you know how it goes." Did he? He was a horseman and she wasn't quite sure whether or not they had schools. Still, the concept wasn't that hard to grasp and he seemed intelligent enough. "I just came back recently."

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:58 am
"I see," Fai said. "I suppose we should go into the large building for this spar? I would enjoy seeing inside," he said, shamelessly taking advantage of this new excuse and heading inside. It smelled faintly of blood and the sound of battle caught his ears.

"Ah, lovely," he said happily. "I see there's an empty sparring room there?" he suggested, only to head into the sparring room in question before she could reply. Poor, poor little scareling, led around by the big--

Nope, Fai was barely 5'6. But he was still a horseman!

Ephebe

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 pm
"Right!" Leo obediently followed after the horseman, heading into the sparring room he'd chosen.

"So..." She glanced around the room, taking in its plain interior. Definitely a well-suited room for a spar, which was probably a good thing, considering that was what the room was meant for. "Any rules? No FEAR abilities?" That'd probably make things a bit more even, but she wouldn't mind either way. Although it'd be nice if the spar actually lasted long enough for her to learn anything from it. "And I'm Leo, by the way." She smiled at him, suddenly remembering that she'd forgotten to introduce herself in her ambush of his time.

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:00 pm
"Yes of course," he said, although he was somewhat disappointed. He would have liked to have seen her FEAR ability. Were they different from those of the horsemen? Ah well, perhaps when he got another spar.

"If you don't mind, I would like to begin," Fai said, taking a strange stance. His hands shot out, hitting her several times quickly with his fingertips, each in a vital spot. Ah, it had been quite some time since he had gotten his hands dirty, so to say. He rather enjoyed it.

HP: 40/40
DMG: 7
Distortion: 1
Ephebe

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 am
Ouch, his attack had hurt. It was a bit like Yin's attack, if she thought about it - the quick targeting of what she figured were special points on her body. Yin had been nicer about it though, holding back a bit, whereas this horseman wasn't holding back at all.

Which she quite appreciated, in a way. She'd known when he said he was a horseman that the likelyhood of this battle lasting very long hadn't been big at all; but surely there was still something to learn, even from a quick battle.

As he was withdrawing from his attack, she went in with a punch, channelling her personal FEAR fragment. That didn't count as a FEAR ability, did it? Although then again... She was a bit worried about it and her distraction made the punch much less effective than it could've been.

Right. Might as well just clear it up. "FEAR fragment, can we still use that this battle?"

HP: 23/30
Dmg done: 2 + 2 (used FEAR fragment charge) = 4
Distortion: 1 (started spar at 2)

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:33 pm
"Of course, scareling," he said, smiling slightly. His own fragment had been placed into the anklet around his ankle. He pulled back slightly, letting his hair float around him. The various heads of his precious turned towards the female, their mouths opening with what seemed like joy.

They shot forward, taking a few good bites out of the ghoul's FEAR shield.

HP: 36/40
DMG: 7
Distortion: 2

Ephebe

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 pm
"Right." She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about being called a scareling, but she could live. He didn't seem to be mocking, although he was smiling, so there really wasn't a reason to take it too personally. Besides, weren't pretty much all of the horsemen supposed to be super old?

He was definitely a better fighter than her, that was for sure. He was taking out her FEAR shield pretty fast; she'd only grazed him, in return.

She lashed out again with a kick while focusing the FEAR from her fragment, aiming for his mid-section. It connected, and the blow felt more solid than the last one she'd done.

HP: 16/30
Dmg done: 3 + 2 = 5
Distortion: 0 (used a charge this round)

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 10 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:00 pm
"A very good kick," he complimented her. "And you are doing very well with your FEAR fragment as well." He rushed forward, hitting her once again with pointed fingers, aiming for her throat this time. "Might I ask what species you are? Ahh, forgive me, you should regain your breath before speaking, of course."  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 pm
She managed a happy smile at his compliment before his fingers found her throat. This boil was good, that was for sure - she wasn't sure her FEAR shield would last much longer. But it was educational; even though Yin's style had been somewhat similar in utilizing some of the same principles, there were still rather big differences between the two boils' fighting styles. So even as she was losing pretty badly, Leo still felt like she was learning a bit about other fighting forms.

She took his advice and waited a second to recover from his latest attack before speaking; "Oh, I'm a Monster. A Mare, to be more precise; there's not a whole lot of us around, but we're common enough still. What about you? Which one of the old clans are you from?" That might've been a bit of an insensitive question, but she meant no harm - the Mare was genuinely curious. She'd yet to learn how to discern the different clans just from their clothing styles, but she was working on it, and had at least gotten a bit better since joining the Lost Clan as an initiated student.

Charging forward, she went in for another punch. It was pretty weak, but at least it connected.

HP: 11/30
Dmg done: 2
Distortion: 1

Ice Queen
Sorry for the slowness of this reply! <3

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:54 pm
((Rolling the proper dice this time))

HP: 31/40
DMG: 5
Distortion: 3

Ephebe

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-16)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:03 pm
"I am of Famine, darkling, we are the alchemists and inquisitive ones that enjoy a nomadic style life... although I suppose that is in the past, now," he said, still smiling faintly. "And how much do you know of the Lost Clan?" he asked her curiously.

Was she growing tired? He could see signs of it--ah she was so young! But he saw potential...

HP: 29/40
DMG: 0
Distortion: 3

Ephebe

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items