New Mama Tips Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm
Have some times for first time mommas? Share them here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:18 pm
Try to remember any mistakes you make isn't the end of the world. Learn from them. Your baby will never remember and u have plenty of time to fix it. Also you can learn just as much from your child as you can teach them.  

RoyaI Savage

Feisty Neko

16,525 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:30 pm
Sleep when the baby sleeps, chores will always be there when you wake up.

Fresh air is great for babies, and it helps them sleep better too.

Swaddling and white noise are your friends.

Its okay to let the baby cry. If they are clean, fed, comfy and safe it is perfectly fine to take a needed break and let them cry a bit.

Trust your instincts if something seems wrong to you call the doctor.

When medicating children always go based off of weight guidelines for dosing not just the age and check with the doc before giving any meds.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:46 pm
MercyWild
Great advice! i will surely need it and refer to it <3 im 37 weeks due September 5th  

ilover1508

IRL Lover

13,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300

ilover1508

IRL Lover

13,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:47 pm
Sullen ForeverAngel
Try to remember any mistakes you make isn't the end of the world. Learn from them. Your baby will never remember and u have plenty of time to fix it. Also you can learn just as much from your child as you can teach them.
<3 I plan on living by what you said and making each day a positive day <3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:55 pm
ilover1508
Sullen ForeverAngel
<3 I plan on living by what you said and making each day a positive day <3

I highly suggest it. If you harp on the mistakes you made you'll never be able to fix them. I mean I used to get all mad at myself when my daughter would get diaper rash and blame myself. That only makes things more complicated when I just focused on fixing the problem instead of blaming myself it cleared up and it made it easier to prevent.  

RoyaI Savage

Feisty Neko

16,525 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

RoyaI Savage

Feisty Neko

16,525 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:57 pm
oh babycising is so much fun!!! It's exercising with the baby. Like when taking the baby for a walk. Do lunges it gets the baby out in the fresh air and you get to work out some and feel better about yourself too!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 pm
MercyWild
Sleep when the baby sleeps, chores will always be there when you wake up.

Fresh air is great for babies, and it helps them sleep better too.

Swaddling and white noise are your friends.

Its okay to let the baby cry. If they are clean, fed, comfy and safe it is perfectly fine to take a needed break and let them cry a bit.

Trust your instincts if something seems wrong to you call the doctor.

When medicating children always go based off of weight guidelines for dosing not just the age and check with the doc before giving any meds.

This.. this here, has been entered into my brain. c:  

Mistress100

Devoted Kitten

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 pm
I'm going to be a first time mom, but something I've figured out:

There is nothing wrong with listening to other people's advice. If you decide that it's not for you, then that's okay.

But don't let anyone bully you about your decision if you're making the best one for your family.

My mom told me to make sure that the child knows that they are loved, remind them all the time. You would be surprised at the amount of people out there just don't know or at least question it. I never have. I think it's something that's really awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:49 am
Digital Fiend
I'm going to be a first time mom, but something I've figured out:

There is nothing wrong with listening to other people's advice. If you decide that it's not for you, then that's okay.

But don't let anyone bully you about your decision if you're making the best one for your family.

My mom told me to make sure that the child knows that they are loved, remind them all the time. You would be surprised at the amount of people out there just don't know or at least question it. I never have. I think it's something that's really awesome.

Yea.. People tried to bully me into breast feeding, but my mom bottle fed. So I wanted to bottle feed as well. And I was afraid of the fact of them drying up, and my baby not having enough milk because of me. sweatdrop

My son is three months now, and I've never been so happy and involved in something for a long time. Its great!  

Stripper Tease

Desirable Bloodsucker

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:36 pm
HardxCore___x

Yea.. People tried to bully me into breast feeding, but my mom bottle fed. So I wanted to bottle feed as well. And I was afraid of the fact of them drying up, and my baby not having enough milk because of me. sweatdrop

My son is three months now, and I've never been so happy and involved in something for a long time. Its great!

Congratulations!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:00 pm
HardxCore___x

People tried to bully me into breast feeding, but my mom bottle fed. So I wanted to bottle feed as well. And I was afraid of the fact of them drying up, and my baby not having enough milk because of me. sweatdrop

Good for you. You made a decision you wanted. Bottle feeding is as valid of a choice as breastfeeding. The most important thing is that the baby is growing.

But as not to scare off momma's who plan on breastfeeding, not many mom's actually have a problem with supply (though some do). Its gonna be on of the things you worry about. Don't. Also don't trust that what you get with a pump is what you supply for your baby, it's a lot less effective then your child.

Also, the world of solid food poops is gonna rock your world...aka sometimes its gonna freak you out! (Can you tell I just started)  

GipsyRose

Moonlight Regular

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm
Yeah...I worry about my supply, but its because of his slow weight gain.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 am
** If the mommy is getting frustrated with the little one, put the little one in the crib and let the baby cry it out- make sure there isn't anything around the babies face or anything that could harm the baby. STEP OUT OF THE ROOM. Get some time to chill/calm down/relax. This IS NOT neglecting the child! YOU NEED TO BREATHE TOO. If you stick around the child and get frustrated with the little one then your anger could be pushed and things could happen that could harm the little one! SO TAKE A BREATHER!

** Ask the doctor if you are concerned no matter what it is. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW and if it'll ease your mind then that's GREAT. Mommies become worry warts, least I DID! smile  

digital iiroko
Moderator Assistant

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:39 am
GipsyRose

Good for you. You made a decision you wanted. Bottle feeding is as valid of a choice as breastfeeding. The most important thing is that the baby is growing.

But as not to scare off momma's who plan on breastfeeding, not many mom's actually have a problem with supply (though some do). Its gonna be on of the things you worry about. Don't. Also don't trust that what you get with a pump is what you supply for your baby, it's a lot less effective then your child.

Also, the world of solid food poops is gonna rock your world...aka sometimes its gonna freak you out! (Can you tell I just started)

I am 20wks now. I plan to breastfeed. I will admit that my reason to BFeed was primarily a selfish one. Breastfeeding has been shown to lower risk of certain kinds of breast cancer, which is what my mother died of. She did not breastfeed because of another medical condition. But now my thoughts are mostly on the antibodies I will transfer to the baby. I have had some pretty great diseases that I hope to transfer over. Whooping cough, cat scratch fever, H1N1, pneumonia.

I am afraid I will not be able to Bfeed because I have the same medical condition that prevented my mother. I have been lactating for 10yrs, but only been pregnant for 20wks. I have always produced whitish milk, but now pregnant it is a semi sticky, clear liquid which I am assuming is the colostrum. I have been making this since the beginning of the pregnancy. I hope this is not going to affect my production later.  
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff