Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
fell in love with a sociopath...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

san polo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:16 am
okay so maybe he wasn't a full blown sociopath but certainly had some sociopathic tendencies, like the shallow emotional spectrum, pathological egotism, lack of empathy etc.

it's hard because it was a 2 year relationship and one of my first. There was an abundance of things i shared with this guy that i wouldn't with anyone else. i wondered why the relationship was so private, why he didn't like to go out with my friends, didn't like drinking (probably because he would let slip something he didn't want me to see). But when he finally started showing his true colours to my friend she got a bit weary and planted the thought in my head, said there was definitely something missing from him, kindoff like a robot... the relationship ended messy and now there is just so much hatred and venom in him, and i can't help but think i started to figure him out, noticed his manipulation and stuff. what i'm trying to say is that i've never felt so disheartened before. i fell in love with someone who is incapable of loving back and i feel so profoundly stupid for falling for his games. He exploited my good nature and in some ways completely used me for his own needs (whatever they may have been). i was just wondering if someone had been in the same situation, or some advice on how to get over someone like this, i know it takes time but it seems 2 years of my life was wasted on unrequited love and i've never felt so shitty. advice is needed!!! i tried to cut him out of my life because he's just so poisonous but whenever he wants to talk i just melt and fall for all his bullsheet. i should just probably grow some balls and man up. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:37 am
I think any advice in this situation is easier said than done- but with that in mind, telling him that his behavior is unacceptable and he is being toxic and until he can develop empathy you can't have him in your life might help.

We can't help who we waste our time on- but we can learn from our mistakes and maybe holding onto that can help too.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Raeiko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:22 pm
eek
Esiris
I think any advice in this situation is easier said than done- but with that in mind, telling him that his behavior is unacceptable and he is being toxic and until he can develop empathy you can't have him in your life might help.

We can't help who we waste our time on- but we can learn from our mistakes and maybe holding onto that can help too.
i agree  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am
Esiris

i don't think ill ever talk to him again because in the back of my head i think he's always known how he is and what he was doing.

but i agree with the whole holding onto things bit. i guess ill always be a little bit more wary of peoples dispositions before i run into anything with them  

san polo

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:52 pm
Kinda sounds like Sherlock Holmes  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 pm
Yeah, I hate it when that happens.  

KRlEG