Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 pm
Bonjour everyone!
This is just a place for me to vent whenever something is going on in my life that the relaxation of the garden cannot sooth.
If you want to learn more about me, please either read my profile or just strike up a conversation. I really love chatting!
All comments are welcome as long as they remain friendly. Also, here's my blog which is full of happy things!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm
The party that they talked about for many days after~
August 26th 2012, 12:52 PM

My life has been going so perfectly lately, as though I've been living within a fairy tale. I recently got a job doing something that I love, I'm with the man of my dreams and we're buying a house together. I thought for once that no matter what, nothing could tear me away from the castle of dreams-come-true that I'd been living in. And then a lot of things happened at once at my closest friend's 19th.

My so-called gay male friend said that he wanted to <******** me, which, when my partner of almost a year found out, went into frenzy and dragged me inside and away from his prying gaze. I felt and still feel disgusted and it's not because of my vodka headache. I mean who would have a one night stand with someone who's not only in a relationship, but who has slept with over 50 men and 4 women, when they could have a loving and lasting relationship where the sex means making love, not <********>? It just angers me that someone I grew up and went to school with has turned into such a... home wrecker. We weren't the only couple who felt his wrath of emotional destruction that night, nor was our incident as bad as others.

My Mathew and I never go out to parties, but we did just this once even when we both had a bad gut feeling. It was meant to be Skye's birthday, a time when we could laugh around the fire, eat the chocolate cheesecake that I made and just enjoy ourselves. It was meant to be her birthday. A time when she could forget everything. A time where she told us that she had been coughing up blood. A time when her boyfriend and I cried our eyes out at the thought of losing a member of our family. A time when I realised yet again how lucky I am to be surrounded by people that care about each other.

We never go to parties and yet that night was different and there was a reason that everything bad had happened. It was a wakeup call for me. It was a reminder of the people in my life; the people who cry because they care, the people who say 'I love you' because they mean it and the people who you cannot trust because they're two-faced.

Clasela
Crew

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 pm
That was rather low of your 'friend' to do. I've learned to trust those gut feelings myself. The few rare times I have them and ignore them, things go horribly, horribly wrong.

Its such a bittersweet reminder of people that care; but it's nice to remember that they are there.

And reading this post reminded me of my loved ones that I'm lucky to have. I was getting sad thinking of all I had lost. While I didn't forgot all that I still had, I'm appreciating them more after reading your last post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 pm
Always listen to your gut, it's smarter than your brain is emotion_hug I'm sorry your "friend" was such an a**...  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Always listen to your gut, it's smarter than your brain is emotion_hug I'm sorry your "friend" was such an a**...

To be fair, at least with them going to the party, she knows exactly where her friend stands.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:19 pm
Digital Fiend
Gigi Deveraux

To be fair, at least with them going to the party, she knows exactly where her friend stands.

That's true.

*smacks Clasela's so-called friend with an iron skillet - SPANG!*  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 pm
Gigi Deveraux

That's true.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 pm
Digital Fiend
Gigi Deveraux

That's true.

User Image

Wait... is that Danny Bonaduce?  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:48 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Wait... is that Danny Bonaduce?

sweatdrop I honestly don't know....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:32 pm
Digital Fiend

Gigi Deveraux

Thank you, both of you. (Love the skillet comment btw, I was thinking of a very hurtful ball kick at the time and it wasn't my drink talking.) I wish we hadn't went, but then again like I said in some way it was meant to happen, I was meant to find out in the hardest way that the people I used to sit with at lunch everyday aren't the same people. I guess I was living in the past thinking we were all still innocent teenagers and were not.  

Clasela
Crew

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:47 pm
It can be a hard lesson to learn, trust me. I'm 25 and just realized the unhealthiness of the people that I've called friends since middle school. It sucks, and I can get lonely and think about begging them back into my life.

But I will get through this, I will get better, and life will be simply amazing.

Still doesn't stop the heartache though. At least your guy is sweet enough to know it wasn't you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:02 pm
Digital Fiend

I agree. It's all about leaving the past behind and moving on. At least now we know, right?
Yes, I'm really blessed to have him in my life. It made me realise that I am so, so glad he isn't like that.

Clasela
Crew

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:10 pm
Shallow men who wonder why they're single~
August 28th 2012, 11:10 AM

So recently I began to talk to an old Gaia friend of mine and I just remembered why I was so happy when he left. The "man" is so superficial that whenever I speak to him I just want to throw fists at my laptop. What really ticks me off is the way he feels about women. Now I know most men care about looks and they can because they carry them, but for him, he can't really be fussy because there is really nothing aesthetically wonderful about him. I'm not saying this to be mean, however I am being realistic; he was born without arms which was really unfortunate for him and I do feel sympathy about his situation. But I really don't believe that gives him the right to go around calling women fat and saying he wouldn't date them because of their weight.

When I met Matt, I didn't find him attractive whatsoever, he was rough-looking and really frightened me. However I still accepted his dinner date because my mother has always told me never to judge people based on their appearance. So we went out and almost twelve months later we're really happy, living together and trying to buy our own property. Some days I sit and ponder about the fact that if I didn't say yes, what would my life be like now and would I still be this gleeful?

I guess that's why my armless friend's comment about appearance really hit home and affected me so badly. I mean, who cares about a person's weight, they're probably really kind and caring. Though I suppose he'll never find out because he'll only ever date women for their looks. Am I in the wrong here? Am I thinking too much into this?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm
Clasela

I feel bad for your friend, because he seems to be transferring his own self-hate and fear of rejection onto women. Yeah, he's got no arms. So? It's the person he is on the inside that matters... unfortunately, he's being nasty toward others, which is ensuring he gets rejected. Then he cries "See? They're all shallow, unfeeling monsters! and fat, too!"

The "fat" comments in particular are simply because our culture demands all women be physically perfect, and the easiest way to insult a woman is by calling her fat.

The poor man needs serious therapy and an attitude adjustment.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Thank you, I've been beating myself up over whether or not I should say something to him about his perception. I mean he's going to get nowhere if he thinks of women let alone other people like that. Do you think I should say something? I don't like to be the bully but I do think his attitude needs a kick up the bum.  
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff