Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Lack of struggle?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:44 pm
I am a gay teen living in Texas and I honestly don't feel like my being in the closet is that much of an issue. I am surrounded by homophobes and I am not particularly obvious, everyone thinks I am straight. I am honestly pretty apathetic towards my sexuality, is this normal? Most LGBT seem to have a great struggle in my environment which is understandable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 am
It depends a great deal on the person. Some don't make a big deal of it, some say announce it once and be done with it (like myself) and others place a great deal of their identity on their orientation. It all depends on how important you view it that others know about your tastes and how important to yourself you think it is.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Galluxee

Sparkly Streaker

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm
Texas people for the win. Im in the closet. I like women, but Im also ftm which makes me straight in my opinion. Its just the other way around than what my parents think. I sort of half most of my body out but one leg in the closet so I can pull back in if I need to. My parents are homophobes so they know nothing, but all of my good friends know. And Ill hold hands with my girlfriend or snuggle when were out at the mall, movies, or six flags. I just really don't care. Its my parents that scare me since Im not 18 yet and I live in their house.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 am
I guess if it keeps you safe, its okay.  

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash