Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Coming out Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Androgenesis50

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 am
to all the people on gaia

was it easy or hard as hell to come out as the orientation you are now.

if so what was theyre reaction and what changed?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:00 pm
It was easy for me and everyone accepted me.  

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

NYrHIPPIE

Devoted Flatterer

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 pm
my mom didn't accept me but she didn't cry or get angry, just in denial of what i told her. it'll take time but i guess it's worth it when she accepts me... eventually
my dad was supportive of me just sayin, ill support you however you live your life, as long as you're happy. that made me happy biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm
I am worried about what my mom may say, and i don't have a dad to tell, but I have come out at school and so far everyone has been accepting of me, when I was worried they wouldn't be.  

yazmine_romanov

Aimerss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:28 pm
I never had to come out- I'm straight. But everyone else in canada is pretty accepting and if you ever made fun of someone for being gay- almost EVERYONE would defend you. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 am
I came out to my parents at the same time as being transgendered. Mom reminded me that it's not going to change over night and that she figured I wasn't happy being female and that I was never a girly girl any way.
Dad still hasn't said anything on the matter but we hang out and talk about hunting and cars, same stuff we always talked about, so he never treated me as some delicate little girl. I was always his gun shooting partner little helper when he was working on the truck. He also use to play He-Man action figures with me. So yeah it just seems natural that they had always tretaed me like my older brother and neither of us was treated different.
I go to my first therapy session in about 2 hours in fact.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

thegoodsamaritan

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:37 pm
I haven't come out yet. I'm worried about what my mom will do, since she's really, really Mormon.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:14 pm
I'm Bi and I haven't come out yet. I really don't know how my parents will react. My dad probably won't be too happy, and my mom would probably be weirded out.  

I Am EarthBound

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

cajunantichrist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm
For both my parents. Shock, then questions, then acceptance. My Dad is very open to even people he just met about my sexuality. He outs me to everyone and I find it amusing.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:37 pm
My mom didn't take it well at all, and pretty much denied it until this past November, about a year after I formally came out. But my friends accepted me with open arms, and so did my grandparents, and that's all that matters smile  

Dean Winchester-Novak

Dangerous Hunter

KrisAnn BK

Caring Smoker

19,175 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:14 am
My family is pretty homophobic but they say they're fine and don't think any different of me. But either they'll forget or not care and they'll trash talk GLBT people in front of me and I'll usually just walk away because I don't want to say anything and make matters worse. Yay my family! cat_rolleyes
Though my friends were totally supportive when I came out. It just sucks because I moved to a place with A LOT of judgmental, close-minded, and/or ignorant people... cat_sad

thegoodsamaritan

Just curious, but do you live in Utah? LOL. cat_neutral cat_sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 am
KrisAnn BK
thegoodsamaritan

Just curious, but do you live in Utah? LOL. cat_neutral cat_sad

No, Washington. But she wants to move to Utah.  

thegoodsamaritan

Dapper Prophet

KrisAnn BK

Caring Smoker

19,175 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:44 am
thegoodsamaritan

No, Washington. But she wants to move to Utah.

It's beautiful here but the majority of the people are ridiculous;y close-minded and/or LDS.
I moved from Florida so it's been very different and a bit difficult to adjust to at first (I'm 18 & smoke cigarettes and the age to buy tobacco here is 19 cat_crying ). Haha I mean it's beautiful, but I wish things were different here, ha..... cat_sweatdrop cat_xp

Have you came out since you last posted on this thread?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 am
KrisAnn BK

Unfortunately, yeah. First off, she told me I couldn't be bi, because she'd know, 'cause she's a mom (like that has ANYTHING to do with this at all), and said it was just, "daddy issues."

Nowadays, she acts like it never even happened. Like she plugged her ears and went, "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA"

...I'm not sure which one pisses me off more.

On the other hand, my dad is not only tolerant but supportive of my decision as long as it's "honorable." I assume that means, "don't ******** a lot of people."

thegoodsamaritan

Dapper Prophet

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas