Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian apologetics
Why is there Evil in the World?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saved_by_Grace_Ministries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:31 am
Why is there Evil in the World?
By Mark Spence
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ0whlNNWsM&feature=relmfu

Hitler and the Holocaust bring to mind the problem of evil. If God is good and all powerful, why then is there evil in the world?

Skeptics like to use the existence of evil as an argument against God. "If God is good, would He want to deal with evil? If He was powerful, could He end evil in the world? But evil still exist; so therefore, your God doesn't." That is the claim of a skeptic.

Is God powerful enough to remove all evil in the world? Sure, but He would have to wipe out all of humanity to do so. You see, man is not in darkness as much as he, himself, is darkness.

We look at murder and rape is being evil, and they are. But what about lying, stealing, or covetousness? You see, all sin is evil in the eyes of the Holy God. The heart of the problem is the problem of the heart. The heart is deceitfully and desperately wicked above all things.

Are you concerned with the problem of evil? Guess what, you are part of the problem. Your hand is on the smoking gun. Evil deeds cannot be isolated from the evil doer.

So if sinners are evil, why doesn't God kills us all? 2 Peter 3:9 says, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

God has not yet cleansed the world of evil, simply because He is giving people a chance to repent. Have you done that yet? I God were to show up at 12:00 to get rid of evil in the world, where would you be at 12:01?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 am
One of his biggest gifts, I belive, is freedom.

We get to freely choose what to do, how to act, what to say, what to think, etc.

I believe that yes, evil does exist for the purposes of letting us choose which we would rather do- evil or good.

Thank you for explaining the concept of evil and why it exists today.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:57 pm
If not for God wanting a relationship with us we'd be dead long ago. There is a bible verse but i cant remember it saying something along the lines of "You are lucky i dont swallow you all up." That was God talking to Abraham or Moses, when the people constructed the golden calf. If not for God loving us and wanting a relationship with us, we would never had seen today or yesterday. God can and will cleanse the world of evil, but when he comes for us. when is that? no one but God knows. So we have time to repent and seek God.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 am
Many pardons, but I do believe I should add on. There is an explanation on why there is evil in the world. You see, ever since the days of Genesis among the creation of our world and the rise of the first humans, Adam and Eve have committed a Sin (namingly eating the Fruit from the tree of Knowledge) due to the temptation of the enemy.

Since that day, Evil has existed throughout history and later on in, with the story of Noah and the Ark, is where God had to wipe off the Evil of the Earth by flooding it.

Yes, it has wiped out lands and many people, but the Evil came right back as soon as humanity rebuilt itself generation after generation.

Evil will only exist until the Lord comes along and seal the enemy along with his demons within the bottomless pit for 1,000 years.

This is why Christ has told us all to turn away from our Evil ways and repent so we can be all made pure as well as prepare because the time is near..  

Arkenova

Christian apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff